Builds Montana 65 FJ45LV "Tin Zen" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know the color code for the greyish color in the picture above? I think Lilly white was interior on all of the LV’s? My dash was grey but not sure that color code. Seems as these were all a little different as they were almost hand made..
Apparently the '66 and '67 were in fact white on the inside. The earlier ones had the light blue on the interior. These pics are from a later LV, love the diamond pattern on the vinyl too!
Screenshot_20211224-175407_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-175356_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-175348_Chrome.jpg

The dash and ashtray door grey look good! I like that for the dash!

Everything is packed up and ready to go to the upholstery shop early next week. I laid out the mat so kindly donated from @ClemsonCruiser to get pictures so the upholsterer could visualize it. It's definitely complete enough to reproduce, this is really appreciated JP! I have to say, I like the color, I bet that white really popped on the showroom floor when this thing was new.
20211230_160438.jpg
20211230_160501.jpg
20211230_160958.jpg

Love the mat! Your moving right along!!

Everything is packed up and ready to go to the upholstery shop early next week. I laid out the mat so kindly donated from @ClemsonCruiser to get pictures so the upholsterer could visualize it. It's definitely complete enough to reproduce, this is really appreciated JP! I have to say, I like the color, I bet that white really popped on the showroom floor when this thing was new.
View attachment 2879257View attachment 2879267View attachment 2879270
Wow I really thought this could be a long shot. Amazed and excited it could be a reality! Fingers crossed!

Solid work! That’s on my long list of things to do. Can’t wait for the mats! I’m in for a set in black!

Got into the axle a little deeper. It was long overdue for a service, the driver side ball and claw's grease had flung off but at least the ball was oily. Passenger side was full of nice black moly.
The tie wire that loops through the bolt heads is super soft, maybe copper? I was impressed with the care that it was installed, it's always nice to see people taking pride in their work.

20220101_144428.jpg
20220101_144420.jpg
20220101_144404.jpg
20220101_142821.jpg

Don’t know if it is too late but I found there is a lot of water that ends up on the door cards from the vent window and other places so I sealed my door cards with water based poly before install.
Damn good tip, did it today. Thanks!

According to SOR, there were "several" different sizes of these bench seats in the LV's. So for those interested in having some seat upholstery made with mine, here are the dimensions of my benches. Dropping these items off this week so please confirm your sizes and DM me if you're in so we can make solid plans.

Rear seat back:

IMG_6817.jpg
IMG_6816.jpg

Rear seat bottom:

IMG_6815.jpg
IMG_6812.jpg

I am going to try to resurrect it but it might terminal….

And deeper into the axle. Trunion bearings just fell apart and the driver side axle has about 1/4" play in the bronze bushing, passenger side has no play. I'm guessing that replacing that bronze bushing is not a very fun job.

20220105_181050.jpg

And deeper into the axle. Trunion bearings just fell apart and the driver side axle has about 1/4" play in the bronze bushing, passenger side has no play. I'm guessing that replacing that bronze bushing is not a very fun job.

View attachment 2885545
I built my first 40 in the back parking lot of my townhome complex in Edwards, Co (vail) and part of that build happened during the winter. I can feel how cold you are just looking at these photos!

Are the snouts/spindles the same throughout the years on all 40 series? Probably could just get a new spindle instead of fussing with the bronze bushing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom