Mojave Trail - March 23rd-25th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tentative...

Hey all... I'm Scott's friend Ollie. We ran Truckhaven together last weekend. I'm negotiating with the wifey on this one. Sounds like an awsome trip. I'm tentative for now. I'll have an answer by Monday. I want to bring my wife and son but it sounds like a lot of seat time for a 20 mo. old kid. If I run it, I'll probably bring my usual co-pilot Stef.

Hey guys, if you bring a video camera... and shoot video... i'll edit together a DVD for everyone attending for FREE. I need lots of good footage though,so bring your video cameras!!!!!

Just an update. . .

Regretfully, two weeks of Jury Duty have projects stacked up at work.
I can't take Sunday off, so no go this time.

BTW - they were guilty!

I'm In :D staying at the Avi 3/22 see you all at 10am 3/23

Brian

Confirmed List:

SOCALFJ
CODYRX7
A member from Expedition Portal.com with a 80.
RFJTOY
G8MFZJ80

Dont know yet:
619TOY
OLLIE

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE BRING A BUNDLE OF FIREWOOD I figure if everyone brings one bundle, we should be good for 2 nights.

Last edited:
List update

Confirmed List:

SOCALFJ
CODYRX7
A member from Expedition Portal.com with a 80.
RFJTOY
G8MFZJ80

Dont know yet:
619TOY
OLLIE

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE BRING A BUNDLE OF FIREWOOD I figure if everyone brings one bundle, we should be good for 2 nights.

Dave, I don't see rwkcrwlr on the list? I believe Scott is coming.

We are looking good on the weather too. Yesterday got me worried when i saw 30% chance of showers.

weatherreportsl8.png

Wouldn't showers be a good thing for a trail run?

Less dust...more mud... Or would rain make the trail un-doable or something?

Showers would not be good dude. Ever heard of flash floods? And Soda lake can become impassble when it rains. Not to mention all your gear/tent getting soaked and tromping around in the mud.

Last edited:
Okeedokee...that makes sense then. I'm still used to Arizona rains which are just enough to keep the dust on the trail down.

Yeah, a drizzle here and there and a few small down pours and we'd be good. But if it started to pour, we'd want to head to the hwy.. cause all hell can break loose out there.

Trust me, i've been in a flash flood, i know. :) Not fun stuff.

FYI-

I've had my my sailboat on a county owned mooring in Newport Harbor for the last 60 days and it must me moved by Friday. I am moving it to Cabrillo Yacht Harbor in LA and planned on doing it the past few days but the weather has been too stormy and it's howling again this morning. I hope to move it tomorrow and then drive out to Mojave but we'll see if it works out. I will try and confirm by tomorrow at 2:00pm. I have Stan's (RFJToy) phone number and will let him know either way. I'm never late so if I'm not there at 10:00am Friday I won't be showing, don't hold up the run for me. I really want to make this but risk having my boat impounded if it's not moved. Hope to see you guys Friday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom