Mojave Trail - March 23rd-25th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was a great trip and nice to meet you Brian (Kristina, and Michael), Matt, always fun to wheel with you Dave and Yoshi. Thanks again to Brian's knowledge of the trail, we had great time and saw all the sights. The lava tubes were way cool. Photos to follow tommorrow, once I learn how to post them.

Photos to follow tommorrow, once I learn how to post them.

406 posts and no pics:doh: . Glad you guys had fun and wish I could've been there. All I did was flush my PS fluid and "band-aid" my missing panhard rod nut with a hose clamp this weekend. Keep the pics coming.

Took it easy, slow left on the last water crossing, nice bow wave, smooth sailing. Moto bike guys past boot depth, drowings there stuff, couple stuck in the muck.

orig.jpg

Thank goodness Dave had his snorkel, did you swap it vehicle to vehicle to get everyone across without hydrolocking? :flipoff2: :lol:

Glad you all had fun, looks like a good time and I look forward to running it myself. How about some details, how many miles covered each day, camping locations etc...

Thank goodness Dave had his snorkel, did you swap it vehicle to vehicle to get everyone across without hydrolocking? :flipoff2: :lol:

Funny man! :lol:

C'mon - Give us more pics or a more detailed report. :D
Did Dave and Stan use their super bright lights during the trip?

Almost forgot about the video camera...

Glad you all had fun, looks like a good time and I look forward to running it myself. How about some details, how many miles covered each day, camping locations etc...
:flipoff2: Mo! Water went over the hood at this point..
2501441070034696539rsdmhh6.jpg

Here's a comparison to 2005....
photo46.jpg

We pushed hard the 1st day... covered 70 miles.. drove for like 7 hours? on dirt.. Made it past 1/2 way easily. Camped out past kelbaker road and north of Kelso depot behind a huge rock mountain. Second day was relaxing and just about finished the trail. Soda lake was dry as heck and we were lucky. Even driving out into the soft stuff dropped the rig down big time. Now i know why they say it's impassable in the rain. Stopped and camped in Afton canyon the last night.. so the final day we just basically drove out of Afton.

I'll have more pics later in my adventureduo blog.

Last edited:
Stan - buy a star - you'll be able to post more pics!

Mojave Road

Again, Had a blast and Jeff (son-15) got his first chance to drive. Dumped the rig in the first wash and left the trail once or twice but all-in-all he had a blast too.

Brent, how does one buy a star?

Here goes with some pics. None would upload, is there someway to resize, a site that does it, ect.?

In Paint, go to Image then Stretch/Skew. In the Horizontal/Vertical boxes, reduce the percentage (how much depends on how big the pic is to begin with) and do a save as with a new file name if you want to keep the original pic and resolution. This may take a little trial and error until you get it small enough to upload to the board. My camera is a 4 megapixel and IIRC I go down to 25% to get it small enough.

In Paint, go to Image then Stretch/Skew. In the Horizontal/Vertical boxes, reduce the percentage (how much depends on how big the pic is to begin with) and do a save as with a new file name if you want to keep the original pic and resolution. This may take a little trial and error until you get it small enough to upload to the board. My camera is a 4 megapixel and IIRC I go down to 25% to get it small enough.

Thanks, I wish I knew this months ago.

Here's the volcanic rock tubes we found.. im surprised i didn't get zapped by lighting for making for silly stance in the light..... all joking aside... the cave was simply breath taking! Thanks Stan for making me go down inside!
2975655750034696539MOgrOt_fs.jpg
2955882590034696539LIcbBd_fs.jpg
2344919710034696539UuEArm_fs.jpg

Nice Stan!!!

Now that is one nice campsite!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom