Builds Moe Green - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would blame it on working on cruisers 22 hours in a 24 hour day!!!🤣😬. Every day of the week!!!!
Ha. You nailed it. I’ve done 21 days straight. I’m headed out of town with my beautiful redhead tomorrow to get a break. I should have a big pile of parts for the Hub 60
Project waiting for me. Maybe I won’t mix up the shackles on that one.

0D7C49FD-9675-4B8A-B512-7C043429CDD6.jpeg

There always comes a time in a build you just wish you had quit.

Figured I’d just toss this Sniper on over the next two days. Get this truck properly finished.

Well. That’s not happening …..,

042333A6-1CB7-4554-AE3C-C59F33899DBB.jpeg

There always comes a time in a build you just wish you had quit.

Figured I’d just toss this Sniper on over the next two days. Get this truck properly finished.

Well. That’s not happening …..,

View attachment 3190711
I know you’re not a fan of bondo but I’m sure that would fix that right up! And then some purdy paint.

A cracked manifold is a heck of a lot better than a cracked block...

The problem with a cracked manifold was magnified to 3 broken exhaust manifold bolts so that thing was a goner too.

Luckily I had a header on a F motor I pulled this summer. I dropped it at powder keg Monday and they blasted and cerekoted it for me

Tornado dropped a tree on my main power line this am so Im without power at the shop dammit.

18A6BAE5-BB4C-4E50-98BC-90750AC8C5D9.jpeg

5F75BC30-A15D-4799-9B81-41DE9AD657A2.jpeg

The problem with a cracked manifold was magnified to 3 broken exhaust manifold bolts so that thing was a goner too.

Luckily I had a header on a F motor I pulled this summer. I dropped it at powder keg Monday and they blasted and cerekoted it for me

Tornado dropped a tree on my main power line this am so Im without power at the shop dammit.

View attachment 3193525

View attachment 3193526
How do you feel, in general about headers on these motors? I'm asking specifically about for a 3FE, but I'm pretty sure some of the ticking I'm getting is from the manifold and I also feel like starting with decent/sealed up with a nice gasket headers, that I should be able to put something together that vastly simplifies the goofy looking exhaust... but I've read so much that says, stay away from this header, that header won't last, yada yada yada...

I put headers on all of my builds if I have to remove the stock manifold.

3F exhaust manifold pipes are legit. Totally worth pulling. Cleaning. Reinstalling.

I put headers on all of my builds if I have to remove the stock manifold.

3F exhaust manifold pipes are legit. Totally worth pulling. Cleaning. Reinstalling.
Great to know, thanks!

I’ve done so many Dobinsons the last 2 years and all the shackles are the same size eye to eye.

Glad your eye is better than mine. This was the case. I had a rear in the front and a front on the rear.

All better now. Mud is awesome.

View attachment 3183877

Well damn, I thought I could reuse my OME shackles with the Dobinson springs.

I stood back and looked at the engine bay and had to change out that brake booster and big double master. Did the clutch too while I was suffering under the dash. I don’t bend that way very good.

It needed a proportion valve anyway with the rear discs.

01279045-EF3C-4D85-810D-BA6016A0EE31.jpeg

EE25760B-4B36-461A-808C-07BD7B71345D.jpeg

When does Moe Green go on the market?
I have a friend who keeps threatening to buy a Land Cruiser.
I would like to tease him with this one when it’s ready.

When does Moe Green go on the market?
I have a friend who keeps threatening to buy a Land Cruiser.
I would like to tease him with this one when it’s ready.
Man. I am the absolute worst person on the planet to turn a Land Cruiser and get it ready to go away.

If this damn thing runs when I crank it then I’m stopping the bleed.

I quit for the day.

5FC51BF8-855E-46A7-AF70-5678186A6B0C.jpeg

Sniper inbound…if you’re “done for the day” I have no chance. I’ll make the Project Wrong Way guy look like a master mechanic

I stood back and looked at the engine bay and had to change out that brake booster and big double master. Did the clutch too while I was suffering under the dash. I don’t bend that way very good.

It needed a proportion valve anyway with the rear discs.

View attachment 3193751

View attachment 3193752
Which master cylinder and booster are you using with a proportional valve for 4 wheel disc converted 40’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom