Moab Pre run 2017. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trails that I listed above will scrape rear and front bumpers. Other than that we are all good. Anybody running stock suspension won't be able to complete Top of the World. They can park on the trial and ride the last 1/4 mile with someone.

Last part of the Top of the World will scrape rear diff, lower shock mounts, and rear lower LCA mounts.

Anyone that is concerned about their vehicle or is uncomfortable on some trails (both very understandable) are more than welcome to ride with me. I just hope you like Soft Rock because SiriusXM channel 17 is my go-to while wheeling :)
You talking whitesnake or eagles kind of soft rock?

You talking whitesnake or eagles kind of soft rock?

Whitesnake is way too hard for this station. I'm talking Christopher Cross, Chicago, Toto. I'm talking 80s Yacht Rock. I'm talking rolled up sleeves on your white blazer type of rock.

I do delve into Hair Nation and the 90s grunge/alt station though.

Whitesnake is way too hard for this station. I'm talking Christopher Cross, Chicago, Toto. I'm talking 80s Yacht Rock. I'm talking rolled up sleeves on your white blazer type of rock.

I do delve into Hair Nation and the 90s grunge/alt station though.
TonyP and the crew.
top-100-yacht-rock-songs.jpg

I claim the yellow shades.

Trails that I listed above will scrape rear and front bumpers. Other than that we are all good. Anybody running stock suspension won't be able to complete Top of the World. They can park on the trial and ride the last 1/4 mile with someone.

Last part of the Top of the World will scrape rear diff, lower shock mounts, and rear lower LCA mounts.

According to this Moab trail rating I'd draw the line at anything above a "6" as I doubt I'll be in the mood for "likely mechanical damage" at the start of a vacation. Anything lower (the trails listed above aside from Golden Spike) is fine with me. I have no regard for my bumpers and I have decent underside protection as shown by my zip-tie stitches in the rear bumper.

img_1080-jpg.1455622

I will likely do a ride along if I get up there for the weekend.

6 rating is max I would do.

I may jump in, but need to check my work schedule.

Please advise if your schedule worked out. if it did, pm me your contact information and days you will be in Moab. Some details about LC.

@Atwalz I'm sorry to say I will not be able to make the Moab trip this year as I'd be solo and that's a long drive to be solo - I'm really glad you picked up the planning for 2017 so it can live on another year - thanks for keeping it alive!
I'll see you in Breck!

BTW, I am driving solo to Moab this year and convoy with @dc916cruiser. @indycole also offered a room in case you change your mind.

Any updates?

I'm going to be in Singapore and The Netherlands the week before our trip...so can't make it to Moab this year. Hate to miss it!

Singapore AND the Netherlands? Wow. You are going to be racking up the miles!

Singapore AND the Netherlands? Wow. You are going to be racking up the miles!
Yep. 75,000 mile (earned milage) around the world trip. I hope I can recover before hitting the road. If you find me taking a nap in the corner of Slee's place on Wed. - you get it.

I'd like to download some maps and tracks in advance. What are all the contender trails? Here's what I have on my short list...

• Onion Creek/Fisher Towers, 20 mi rt, 2-4 hrs, easy
  • Hell's Revenge, 7.8 mi rt, 3-5 hrs, hard
  • Fins n Things, 2.7-6.3 mi rt, 2-4 hrs, hard
  • Top of the World, 19.2 mi, 3-5 hrs, hard
  • Chicken Corners, 18 mi, 3-4 hrs, moderate
  • Hurrah Pass, 24 mi rt, 2-4 hrs, easy
  • Sand Flats Road, 19.2 mi rt, 2-3 hrs, easy
  • Poison Spider, 10-20 mi, 1.5 to 2 hrs, hard

Last edited:
BTW, I believe that Chicken Corners includes Hurrah Pass. Also, I extended the Funtreks GPX for Onion Creek to continue along Hideout Rd, then around Cowhead Hill, past Polar Mesa and on out to Gateway Rd.

What GPS program are you guys running for these files? I bought the FunTreks card for a Garmin last year, but I'd rather have a more robust app on my iphone.

Just post my reply as you did. I use Backcountry Navigator. The gui has a learning curve but once you figure it out and figure out how to download maps ahead of time, it's awesome.

I hear Gaia is good too but I already bought BCN Pro so I'm sticking with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom