Miss Piggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking for a pig for a while now, and I've finally found one that is not outrageously expensive (we're in an Australian market $$ here - not US).

As it is - I think I have gotten a steal, for less then a grand.

This is what I have found - hopefully I can organise a car trailer for the weekend and then I'll be off to Melbourne (500 odd miles) to pick it up.

66638ff_20.jpeg

5040klc_20.jpeg

02737nb_20.jpeg

935365m_20.jpeg

I dont know any engine details - am assuming that it is the 2F
The guy has confirmed that it is a 4 speed - so again, assuming that it is the H41
I think it has the factory A/C (from the photos)

Will provide more when I get it back home.

Cheers,
Dan

Nice looking 55, too bad the steering wheel is on the wrong side ;)

Turn signals indicate late 70's, so 2F it should be. Not a 79 or 80, they had square tail lights.

Good luck with your 55, they are great vehicles.

Congrats.! That is a steal for a grand. Have fun on your adventure, 500 miles is a piece of cake. What's your plans for her?

Thanks guys,

I don't really have any solid plans yet. I want to get my hands on her first and clean it up a little - see what damage the list of POs have done and then start to make a list.

Once I know what I'm in for, I'd like to chat to an engineer and discuss some plans:
Potential 14b or 12ht mated to h55 (shouldn't have any concerns)
60 Series axles (?)
Spring over (major difficulties)

Dan

think jmylie meant that 79/80 have rectangular taillights.

if you're doing 60 series axles, you may as well go spring over...you have to do much of the same stuff (minus cut and turn and steering mod) to do 60 axles.

Didn't the rectangular tail lights start in '78?

Are there any confirmed 1980 Pigs?

they did, just correcting his exact post. never actually heard of an 80 pig, but i've also never heard of a 67 pig, but according to toyota, they existed (just maybe not in n.a.);)

v8slrtorana said:
My aussie 6/78 pig has rectangle tail lamps.

Congrats on your new to you pig.

Thanks mate,

I'll be off on Saturday to pick it up - looking forward to the road trip.

Change of plans. Not heading over to Melbourne this weekend, but will be the following weekend. Just had too many hassles trying to get a trailer.

I will be getting more photos on Sunday though as the guy is heading down to start it up and take more photos for me.

Well, just returned from Melbourne empty handed....

The cruiser must have had a previous owner who treated it as a boat anchor. Apart from a bit of cancer in the doors and around the windows (which I was happy to take onboard), all cross members, seams and body mounts were full of fist sized holes.

Was just something that I was not willing to take on as a novice/amateur - heck, I don't even have a welder yet!

Oh well, the search continues for something a bit closer to home.

fist sized holes.

Good call, Grasshopper. Patience. As I understand it, Oz got more LandCruisers than any other continent...so your 55 is still out there waiting for you. I personally prefer the earliest 55s, they were made of thicker steel. Easier to bolt newer stuff to a good older frame than it is to patch up a newer body.
Continued good luck in your quest.

Ahh wise words....

perhaps this might be another option - I will contact the owner to arrange a check first (this one is not a 900 mile round trip)..

Capture.jpg

That one looks decent!

Pablo,

Would you believe that that cruiser was scrapped! - the entire piggy was sent to the recycling plant a couple of weeks before I could get to have a look.

Dan

so this is my latest opportunity:

Hopefully - I'll be able to make this one happen - then I will be able to join the society!

It has the 2F, H42, Fairey overdrive, air conditioning, on-board air.

There are some rust spots, and the floor is covered in surface rust from a previous attempt at a clean up. Apart from that, it looks very clean.

Will let you all know how the negotiations proceed.

Dan

looks very promising...fingers crossed for ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom