Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys (and gals),
I have a white '85 FJ60 and I'm looking at putting on 62 mirrors. Any of y'all have pics of your white 60's with FJ62 mirrors? If so, please feel free to put it into this thread. Just trying to see how they look before I buy a set from a parts FJ62 my buddy's uncle has.

Heres a pic of mine

IMG_3368.jpg

They look great (I think) and even if they looked like hell (which they don't) they'd be a vast improvement over the original, dangerous, horrible 60 mirrors.

IMO -- If someone were to ask me if they could only upgrade ONE thing on the stock 60 - what would it be?
I'd say the side mirrors.

70 series mirrors are the best option in my opinion. Larger, more sturdy and snap back on trails.

IMG_0369.jpg

I've got fender mirrors that I like a lot. Though not 62 mirrors.

I put a set of aftermarket 62 style mirrors on my FJ60 (~ $100) and they do look a lot better. However, they do get a vibration in them around 45mph, which renders them useless. In retrospect, I should have just spent the extra money on the OEM 62 mirrors.

70 series mirrors are the best option in my opinion. Larger, more sturdy and snap back on trails.

Tell me more! Do they bolt onto a 60 with no modification? Are they larger than the 62 mirrors? I assume "snap back" means that you can flatten them to the car without losing your adjustment... do the 62 mirrors not do that?

Tell me more! Do they bolt onto a 60 with no modification? Are they larger than the 62 mirrors? I assume "snap back" means that you can flatten them to the car without losing your adjustment... do the 62 mirrors not do that?
bolt right on with zero mods! A lot of threads on this form about this upgrade for a FJ60!

Hey,
I am looking for some side mirrors for my Fj60. Currently, I have some small black ones (see pic). I have seen the larger silver ones (Toyota Murakami 1881) that look really nice. Any ideas where to get these or something similar?
IMG_7771.jpeg

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom