Milfor Cargo Barrier and ARB Space Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More:
raingler04.jpg
raingler05.jpg
raingler06.jpg

???? Midwest Land Cruiser carries them????
Who is this shop? I"ve pretty much met darn near every vendor.. Was curious when this one was presented. . Went to see if there was a contact section or maybe an address? NUTTIN.. NADA.. Just curious as I would consider myself somewhat in the midwest.. And have never heard of them.. TIA for any info..
Erik..

tornadoalleycruiser said:
???? Midwest Land Cruiser carries them????
Who is this shop? I"ve pretty much met darn near every vendor.. Was curious when this one was presented. . Went to see if there was a contact section or maybe an address? NUTTIN.. NADA.. Just curious as I would consider myself somewhat in the midwest.. And have never heard of them.. TIA for any info..
Erik..
Simple google search of "midwest land cruiser" reveals www.midwestlandcruiser.com , they have been selling the Milfords for at least several years.

Just wondering if it's just a website etc.. I found a name and phone #.. I just find it strange I've never heard of the "shop" and I kinda know a few shops and cruiserheads in the midwest.. or know of.. And I've never known of or been asked about this particular shop. Anyone have any first hand experience? Shed any light?
Yes I googled.. Just wanting to learn about my "close" resources.. If given the option I would spend what money I have with vendors I know and I don't know thus one so guessin I can't spend any $ with whomever..
Make any sense?

I bought my Milford from Midwest and have no complaints. He was a little slow about getting it shipped out but it certainly wasn't a big deal. Pretty sure he is just a small one person operation probably operating out of his house.

Tom

I believe alot of the guys that have milfords in their 80's bought from Midwest LC without issues, you could search 80 series section to be sure.

I got the Raingler net from www.raingler.com/

They were great to deal with and helped me to find a net that fit even though they didn't make one for my application. I spoke with Eddie Cline.

Here're some pics of the same net in a FZJ80! :D Not as nice of a fit as the 4Runner but it gets the job done. Let me know if you have any questions.
PB220022.JPG
PB220027.JPG
PB220023.JPG

Alia, where did you get the window bars?

firetruck41 said:
Alia, where did you get the window bars?

They're 3/4" conduit, with the ends pressed flat and drilled for holes:D I was experimenting so didn't end up using anything heavy duty. I need to lower the bars so that they cut the windows horizontally in half. This way, the dogs can't fall out or someone can't get in.

alia176 said:
They're 3/4" conduit, with the ends pressed flat and drilled for holes:D I was experimenting so didn't end up using anything heavy duty. I need to lower the bars so that they cut the windows horizontally in half. This way, the dogs can't fall out or someone can't get in.

I can see the one side is bolted to the second row shoulder belt anchor, where is the the back attached? Third row belt anchor?

Montana Cruiser said:
I can see the one side is bolted to the second row shoulder belt anchor, where is the the back attached? Third row belt anchor?

Yes, third row belt anchor.

Cheers.

Ali

I've never had the third row seats in when the Milford is installed but I suspect that the seats would fold up with no problem. The cargo barrier hugs the second row seats - in my case it actually pushes up against the second row. I would say you lose less than an inch of clearance with the cargo barrier installed.

Tom

Question: When I have the 3rd rows in folded up, the headrests are REALLY close to the 2nd row seats, That Milford barrier would have to hug that 2nd row very tightly. Is this the case?

I'd love to get one of these barriers but at $600, I'm gonna have to wait on that one or make one!

3fj40 said:
Question: When I have the 3rd rows in folded up, the headrests are REALLY close to the 2nd row seats, That Milford barrier would have to hug that 2nd row very tightly. Is this the case?

Scott

I just went out and measured the thickness of the barrier and it was right at one inch with the framework and mesh. There are specific mounting instructions for the barrier but it can be adjusted slightly without any problem to gain a little extra clearance- in my opinion. When the barrier is installed, it follows the angle of the second row seats to the top of the seat and bends up so that it is pretty much vertical.

When I install the barrier (I usually only put it in for camping trips), I have to actually push it up against the second row seats to attach it to the anchor points. I'm always worried that I may damage the leather. I believe the actual loss of clearance is less than an inch in my case.

Now, I know you're wondering if I will go out and do a test fit for you so you know for sure if it will work. Unfortunately, I can't do that right now as my truck is at the body shop after my wifes recent fender bender. :crybaby: I would be happy to check it out if you can hold out a week or two.

Tom

alia176 said:
I'd love to get one of these barriers but at $600, I'm gonna have to wait on that one or make one!

That's the ticket...

I am planning on forming a piece of sheet mild steel, powdercoated and dropped from the ceiling to the floor where the second row was. It will meet at the top of the rear wheel wells and will be flush against a set of aluminum tool/storage boxes I am going to fab up and weld into the body of the vehicle. The "divider", as I am dubbing it, will have a door with a lock and two porthold like openings so I can feeding things through from the third row area to the second row area. I no longer have any seats, or rugs, or much else for that matter in the back 2/3 of the rig, and am planning on a full interior Durabak this winter.

I basically want to make the 80 resemble a fully modular and functional work/expedition truck....soon, oh soon...

Ali's set-up is really nice by the way after seeing it in person. really well thought out and designed and implemented.

Cheers.
-onur
Akron, OH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom