Milfor Cargo Barrier and ARB Space Case

TomH

SILVER Star
 
 
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
996
Location
Seattle
Midwest Land Cruiser carries them. MAF looks like they have their own brand - not sure if it is a Milford.

Oh, and I highly recommend the Milford. It keeps the cargo securely separated from the passengers.

Tom
 

Landpimp

GOLD Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
16,174
Location
Gig Harbor WA
pretty sure MAF's are Milford, I dont know of any other manufatures that make them, and they did carry Milford for years.

TomH said:
Midwest Land Cruiser carries them. MAF looks like they have their own brand - not sure if it is a Milford.

Oh, and I highly recommend the Milford. It keeps the cargo securely separated from the passengers.

Tom
 

TomH

SILVER Star
 
 
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
996
Location
Seattle
Landpimp said:
pretty sure MAF's are Milford, I dont know of any other manufatures that make them, and they did carry Milford for years.
Yeah, I thought the same thing but their catalog isn't real clear.
 

dragr1

 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,386
Location
Auburn, AL
NorCalSam said:
99"4runner? :eek:

:D :beer:
Yeah, I haven't found any info for the Milford barrier for a '99 4Runner. They do show one for a Prado which shares a lot of parts but I'm not sure if it would fit. Looks like I might be making my own.

I'm a Cruiser guy too, the father in law has a'78 FJ40 that I'm trying to get him to bring to GSMTR next year. That is if we can fix all the leaks and get a new suspension under it.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
354
Location
Chicago
In the 80 series the milford attaches to the third row grab handles, which a 4Runner won't have. I don't know where they mount on a Prado, but I would assume it is something similar. The grab handle would have to be far enough back that the sunroof would not get in the way which I don't think it is. Even if it was I doubt you would have solid mounting for the bottom that far forward, you would basically be mounting it to the back of the rear seats.

I would love to have something like that since the wife sells windows and has one or two rattling around in the back. She doesn't have quite the anxiety level about loose cargo that I think appropriate. :rolleyes:
 

TomH

SILVER Star
 
 
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
996
Location
Seattle
Poriomania said:
In the 80 series the milford attaches to the third row grab handles...
That's not exactly correct - at least in the case of my install. Milford requires about a 3/4" hole be drilled into the body (interior) of the truck and then a nutplate is installed and held in place with two fasteners. A metal bracket then connects to the nutplate and the cargo barrier attaches to the bracket.

Tom
 

Landpimp

GOLD Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
16,174
Location
Gig Harbor WA
Tom, your correct, same as mine mounted in my 80, I actaully thought before I bought it that it would use the grab handles.....but nope it doen't.

TomH said:
That's not exactly correct - at least in the case of my install. Milford requires about a 3/4" hole be drilled into the body (interior) of the truck and then a nutplate is installed and held in place with two fasteners. A metal bracket then connects to the nutplate and the cargo barrier attaches to the bracket.

Tom
 

alia176

 
 
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
11,973
Location
Tijeras, NM
I bought one too from Raingler, it was meant for a 4Runner. It's mounted in three locations on each side of the cab: through the rear grab handle (weakest), through the 2nd row seat belt guide and through the 3rd row seat mounting hardware on top of the wheel wells. This thing works out nicely and keeps the cargo secured in the rear.

Now, I'm considering the Milford more for an internal roll cage than a cargo barrier in light of the new addition to the family coming in Feb. I know that the Milford isn't technically a roll cage but it does offer the structure support that I'd be happy with.

Cheers
 

dragr1

 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,386
Location
Auburn, AL
alia176 said:
I bought one too from Raingler, it was meant for a 4Runner. It's mounted in three locations on each side of the cab: through the rear grab handle (weakest), through the 2nd row seat belt guide and through the 3rd row seat mounting hardware on top of the wheel wells. This thing works out nicely and keeps the cargo secured in the rear.

Now, I'm considering the Milford more for an internal roll cage than a cargo barrier in light of the new addition to the family coming in Feb. I know that the Milford isn't technically a roll cage but it does offer the structure support that I'd be happy with.

Cheers

I mainly bought this one for the new addition to our family. Hopefully I can find places to mount it securely and it will work as advertised.
 

dragr1

 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,386
Location
Auburn, AL
I got the Raingler cargo net installed today and it fits like a glove! Who can post pics for me? I can e-mail the pics to you.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
2,607
Location
Cuyamaca, CA and Las Vegas, NV
pics

dragr1 said:
I got the Raingler cargo net installed today and it fits like a glove! Who can post pics for me? I can e-mail the pics to you.
Send the pics to me at calamaridog@pirate4x4.com and I will post them for you.

Besides, I want to see the install for myself. I got one of those Raingler nets for my wifes Liberty but I haven't installed mounts yet.

The nets are very stout, don't you think?
 

dragr1

 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
1,386
Location
Auburn, AL
calamaridog said:
Send the pics to me at calamaridog@pirate4x4.com and I will post them for you.

Besides, I want to see the install for myself. I got one of those Raingler nets for my wifes Liberty but I haven't installed mounts yet.

The nets are very stout, don't you think?

Yeah, it's pretty stout. Pics on the way.
 
Top Bottom