Mid-Coast-Yota, Regarding all Hampton Roads, and Coastal Carolina Toyotas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fed! I started to look you up while I was in Chesapeake this weekend. How are ya?

Doing great man. Hope you had an awesome trip to the obx. I got the cruiser up to JMU so if you are trying to do some off roading let me know! I'd love to come down sometime and scout turkey's or something. Only 10 more days till the season opens right?
end hijack

But seriously we need a really good Land Cruiser club in VA

I agree on the great club, that's why I started the thread :D ... And I do know that sand dune, it moves a few yards south every year I believe, I never knew the name of it, thanks ...

How about a "Meet and Greet" to kick things off. I have no idea where would be a good place to set this up. Perhaps a coffee house somewhere, or some place like that. If so be sure to get the managers permission prior to setting anything up though. Just a thought.

What are the restrictions for Corolla? Do you need a NC Beach Buggie plaque? We've only gone at Oregon Inlet and on Hatteras Island. A buddy of mine has a friend who runs a LC based tour co. in the carolla area, all FJ 40's which he was supposedly swapping to run biodiesel. I'll get the scoop on him, and maybe we could hook up with him for an event.

I found them Corolla Outback Adventures - Outer Banks, NC Tours Land Cruiser Adventure Tour Safari | History Ecology Wild Horses

I want to hook up with them and hopefully instead of running his Land Cruisers, we run ours :grinpimp:

Do you have a personal email, or anything on your friend's friend. This would be really cool.

I am also thinking of a place to meet. How about this, those who are interested, post up your locations (city, major intersection, what you're close to, etc) and we can find a neat home base ...

I'll see if I can get his mail address before the weekend.... as for my location, I am in Ghent in Norfolk. When VLCA was active, we met at a place in churchland, which worked better for the guys coming from the penninsula, since they could avoid the HRBT. I am williing to travel. How many of you have anklebiters running around? We could also meet at a park somewhere for a picnic/ family event.

I'll see if I can get his mail address before the weekend.... as for my location, I am in Ghent in Norfolk. When VLCA was active, we met at a place in churchland, which worked better for the guys coming from the penninsula, since they could avoid the HRBT. I am williing to travel. How many of you have anklebiters running around? We could also meet at a park somewhere for a picnic/ family event.

Thank you, that would be sweet.

A park sounds good, so we can get a good look at all of our Cruisers:)

No kids, I live with my girlfriend and her parents ... hehe

I am in Virginia beach, Birdneck Point, off of Laskin, down near the ocean front ... But I love to drive so don't mind travel at all ...

I am originally from that area. Newport News. Good luck in the quest. And if you have not done so, get a club house started in the club house forum. We did that in Chattanooga and have a pretty fun group

I don't know much about this site yet. I can't figure out how to start a cub on the clubhouse forum. It'll come to me, unless you guys know ...

Doing great man. Hope you had an awesome trip to the obx. I got the cruiser up to JMU so if you are trying to do some off roading let me know! I'd love to come down sometime and scout turkey's or something. Only 10 more days till the season opens right?
end hijack

Might be doing some wheeling this Sunday with another FJ60 and my self, possibly another mud member too. Come on down.

I'm taking my friends nephew Turkey hunting Satuday. It's youth day. I'll be scouting this week and next. Give me a call PM.

End of hi-jack. Sorry

yeah definitely ... Anyone is aloud in, I don't want this to a communist club or anything. I do want to keep it strictly Toyota's, but my best friends owns a Ford, so I'm sure he will be wheeling with us. You can't say no, and as many times as I tried to get him to buy a Cruiser or a Taco, he never did. hehe!

Tread Lightly and TLCA, also the virginia 4x4 Association, they all do really nice things for the environment, 4x4'rs, and they are involved with Virginia Legisative too, so I want to hook up with a lot of these organizations. We need to keep places like OBX and other ORV parks open for guys like us. I am getting really adamant about it. Also once we've all hung out a few times we need to throw up a website ...

we need to throw up a website ...

I could throw up a site for free and run it off my server. To access it you would have to type in my IP address and the port of my choice. At first, maybe something to the effect of MUD name, real name and a pic of your ride.

Last edited:
I don't know much about this site yet. I can't figure out how to start a cub on the clubhouse forum. It'll come to me, unless you guys know ...
You need to PM Woody. I think tha is how we got STLCA up. Have you contacted the Bay to Blue Ridge Guys?

No I have not contacted b2br yet. I figure before I ask to affiliated with anyone, I should pay the club dues, haha .. That means about 5 of them, then work it from there. I'l pm woody, and ask what's up.

The website sounds fine, I havn't reserved a domain or anything, I was thinking The Mid-Coast Toyota Association, or Mid-Coast-Yota's ... Or something a little more professional ... just ideas ....

www.matlca.com all right here is the start of the web page. If you have any suggestions i'm up for them. If you wanting to be a member please email me @ mud@theshealys.com with a subject of like mud.

Put you mud name, and your name you want to be called(real name) and send a photo of your rig. It would make it easy on me if you don't send one huge file for a picture, but I can scale it down.

I'll work this weekend getting this pictures on the webpage. I can't promise this server up all the time but I leave it on all the time.

Last edited:
Cool start .. I'll email you asap ...

updated. I think when we get a bunch of members i'll put the members in the rigs section in order by FJ series. FJ25, FJ40, FJ60 and so on. I'm going to convert the background image down on the event page. Right now it's a 1.7meg so it might be slow.

Need an idea for the main page background.

The Web page

I need to make a tab of member free parts. I have a sunroof wind deflector off a 02' Land Cruiser that someone can have.\
And maybe a section for member small fee parts.

Last edited:
My girlfriend's dad is the owner of CMT advertising, he's an artist, I'll ask him if he'll design a logo for us ... So it'll be Mid-Coast Toyota Association? I like that... Any objections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom