Mid-Coast-Yota, Regarding all Hampton Roads, and Coastal Carolina Toyotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There used to be a metallic tan pig on Langley for a while. It was for sale. I haven't seen it in over a year though.

This one was tan, but not metallic. And it was a 72, now that I recall, I had just gotten rid of a 73. I have'nt seen it since.

I see cruisers down here off of Laskin daily. Everybody's moving so fast though, so it's hard to talk. today I actually saw a yota pickup with cruiser axles swapped in, pretty neat, but leafs and it still had the 4cylinder.

Originally posted by 2everest
What is the bushing press tool that you have

The bushing press tool that I have is like a big socket that is use to press the bushings from the control arms. I do not have a bench press, but if I need one I can use the one at the auto hobby shop on base.

Posted by GOZ 2 11
Keep an eye on it for me!

I'll keep an eye on it for you! So you're coming back in September, that's six months from now? You got any key where I can start, cycle the oil, and keep it warm?

Very generous of you. I have both sets of keys though.:cheers:

So I'm kind of drawing a blank when it comes to the first move. It seems like there is much interest towards a virginia/North Carolina coastal club, but I don't know where to start now guys. Any Ideas. I guess first off maybe a name list, then a dedicated forum?

An obx trip would be fun... Usually when I go that way, I head to Corolla ... There are 100x more trail and beach up there ... Who is interested? During the summer I usually go once a month, so anytime ...

What are the restrictions for Corolla? Do you need a NC Beach Buggie plaque? We've only gone at Oregon Inlet and on Hatteras Island. A buddy of mine has a friend who runs a LC based tour co. in the carolla area, all FJ 40's which he was supposedly swapping to run biodiesel. I'll get the scoop on him, and maybe we could hook up with him for an event.

What are the restrictions for Corolla? Do you need a NC Beach Buggie plaque? We've only gone at Oregon Inlet and on Hatteras Island. A buddy of mine has a friend who runs a LC based tour co. in the carolla area, all FJ 40's which he was supposedly swapping to run biodiesel. I'll get the scoop on him, and maybe we could hook up with him for an event.

I have heard of that guy, that sounds awesome ... There are no restrictions whatsoever, Speed limit is like 15, and you have to be out by dark, and must be 4x4:D ... It is basically a huge neighborhood, built in the sandy woods of the island, It's about 10 miles or so of beach and hundreds of yards back to the woods, no pavement. A lot of it is no trespassing now, because of a****** college kids with their fxxxin bronco's, anyways ... It's fun!

It looks like there is some interest here. Unfortunately for me on this subject I just got orders to Edwards AFB in California. Looks like I'll be dropping off the FJ80 with my parents for a while in Mississippi. I am dragging the Fj40 out on the trailer. I have a hard top (all glass is good) that's in pieces I might be getting rid of along with early hard doors. I have a few other FJ40 parts too, that I will not be taking with me. I have a spare bellhousing, 2 t-case housings, 2 carbs, a bezel, and 4 Fj60 steel wheels sand blasted and painted semi-gloss black. For FJ80 parts I have a stock front bumper, factory mud flaps, and running boards. I should probably put all this in the for sale section though. I figured noting it here would give you guys 1st dibs though.

Damn, That's too bad ... I hope everything goes good, good luck selling the stuff ...

I have heard of that guy, that sounds awesome ... There are no restrictions whatsoever, Speed limit is like 15, and you have to be out by dark, and must be 4x4:D ... It is basically a huge neighborhood, built in the sandy woods of the island, It's about 10 miles or so of beach and hundreds of yards back to the woods, no pavement. A lot of it is no trespassing now, because of a****** college kids with their fxxxin bronco's, anyways ... It's fun!

Oh in Coralla the speed limit varies on how far away from other people. i can't remember but it was like 15mph within like 100 yards of people out side that was like 25 or something.

yeah, you're right :flipoff2:

Haha ... Maybe you've been there more than me. Or maybe I don't have bladder issues ... hahaha ... Where's Penny Hill? I don't know the names of the areas too much, I'm just starting to research the history of those Islands. Very interesting!

If you're looking for more info on an OBX trip, Olde North State Cruisers just made the trip this past weekend, you might check out our thread for details/ideas., and some cool pictures. Here's a cross link: https://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers/203841-*****obx*****-trip.html

I know there are alot of Cruiser guys in the Tidewater area, maybe we could get together some time. I used to live in VA Beach, and my brother lives in Chesapeake. I actually stayed the night with him on my way back from Corolla this weekend. I'm always up for meeting other Cruiser guys. Let me know if you need any more ideas for an OBX trip. I might like to get together with you guys too. I think some of us might be going back for a fishing trip soon.

Haha ... Maybe you've been there more than me. Or maybe I don't have bladder issues ... hahaha ... Where's Penny Hill? I don't know the names of the areas too much, I'm just starting to research the history of those Islands. Very interesting!

I don't mind peeing in the sand, but if I drive there the wife will tag along.

Penny Hill is like the largest sand dune around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom