SOLD MI: 72 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(10, 78, 6)
Back up for sale. $15,000. Firm. If you want to negotiate, we can pretend I'm asking $17,500 and we'll settle on $15k.

I purchased this a few years ago from a forum member (@RustyNailJustin ) out of Oregon. Since purchase, we have done the following:

- Stripped most of a very old repaint down to original (touched up a few areas), and she has great patina.
- Purchased and installed original bench seat and jump seats, all freshly powder coated with new upholstery from Cruiser Corps
- Installed freshly powder coated wheels
- New hubcaps,
- New 33x10.5 KM2's.
- Front disc brake conversion
- New tail lights and rear reflectors
- New brake master cylinder
- Purchased original windshield channel and door frame soft top channels.
- Full set of bows included.
- I have a set of early doors that are painted black, that can possibly go along with the truck

- Wipers do not work - they didn't work when I purchased it. I have not diagnosed it at all because it only gets driven on sunny days.

Truck has a SBC in it. Swap was done a long time ago and done very well - all the gauges work. Still has stock transfer case and 3spd. 4WD works great. Frame is super clean. I have a ton of pics and can take whatever you are interested in seeing.

The truck is awesome. As you can imagine, it literally gets thumbs up and looks everywhere we take it, and many stop to talk about it and look at it. We are extremely busy. If you are seriously interested, send me a PM with your phone number, and I will call you.

Hades.jpg

Hades1.jpg

Last edited:
What does FST mean? (not a 40 guy......yet 🤣 )

This looks like a good one, fairly priced. Not sure why it hasn’t sold yet.

This looks like a good one, fairly priced. Not sure why it hasn’t sold yet.
my guess would be 350.... but thsts easily remedied by tossing an f or f1.5 in and right back to stock f engine goodness

Just installed front disc brakes. The drums worked great but needed shoes replaced.

Wife and I put about 100 miles on it yesterday. I’m digging the ‘no hubcap’ look.

3DE09C5F-4E35-4F79-902E-3DC27C252127.jpeg

This is such a cool truck. One of my favorites. Really like what you have done with this. Bump for a great rig. GLWS.

I was admiring your fine rig but noticed in post #9, last pic of engine bay, it appears you're missing your clutch master cylinder cap. Just thought you should know. GLWS!

Thanks, nice eye! Yes, I had removed it to top it off invariably snapped a pic at that time. It's securely in place!

This is such a cool truck. One of my favorites. Really like what you have done with this. Bump for a great rig. GLWS.

Thanks, CD!! I see your family has a new addition...I'm slightly envious.

Hopefully we will be able to cobble together a reunion in the near future. Hope you and the family are doing great!

Possible Long Shot here - is this still available?

I still have the truck because my wife doesn’t want to sell it.

That is the correct answer. My wife was pissed when I sold it. And double pissed when I flirt with the the idea if selling one of our 45s.

That is the correct answer. My wife was pissed when I sold it. And double pissed when I flirt with the the idea if selling one of our 45s.
I don’t really want to sell either, it just sees very little use so it’s hard to justify the storage space. Absolutely still love it, though!

I don’t really want to sell either, it just sees very little use so it’s hard to justify the storage space. Absolutely still love it, though!
Y’all enjoy it!

I love this 40. It’s what I’m looking for, patina but great underpinnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom