Metal-tech prebuilt Jackson cage. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

had some time to play with the cage this week . few more pics .one primed and one of it painted and dropped in the rig to see if it actually fits:doh: .fits like a glove :grinpimp: .now to get it just right and bolt it in .OH! ya another question ,
should i paint my hood latches and wiper arms to match the color of the cage .maybe even the bezel ,it is black now.

:cheers:Jake
IMG_0456 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0463 [800x600].JPG

I can't figure out how you guys are hitting your head on this cage? Getting in? I have this same cage and have never hit my head and I'm almost 6'1". I've been running another cage so maybe I'm just conditioned to duck a little when I get in. Just as a side note: If you weld this cage yourself or have a buddy do it please put your doors on the truck before you weld anything. You need to check the clearance of the front doors before you weld anything in place. Just my .02.

Later,

i like that color.

naw leave the other pieces black. itll take away from the cage

Im 6'4'' and I sometimes hit the side of the cage when I drop it off something off camber. My other cage just fit the softtop so it was alittle taller guess I might get a pad over there but I think pads look sh*tty. I agree with cam leave the other pieces black good looking cageb

mt cage

I also just finished assembling my Jackson cage from metal tech and those guys are the best. Mark explained everything and guided me to the right cage and mounting brackets. I moved the handle up to the bend and flipped the reinforcers to the rear for more front head room a a possible speaker mount. I'll send pics this week when I re-install it after paint. The only problem I see with it is the "bullet proof" feeling you get when driving.

Nice work to Mark and all the guys at MT:cheers:

thought i would post a few more pics .got it all mounted just need to add the frame tie-in's ,also wanted to mention that it fits like a glove .beautiful fit for being prebuilt.

1 [800x600].jpg
2 [800x600].jpg
3 [800x600].JPG

Last edited:
Sweet looking rig there :D

Really stout and Manly lookin :grinpimp:

That cage looks awsome I just ordered a metal tech cage for my 45.

What did you use to paint it?

thanks for the compliments everyone .for the paint i just used rattle can etching primer .and rattle can silver grey . it was as close as i could get to color match to my new oem pewter bumperette's . 4 or 5 coats wet sanded polished and waxed .figured i go with rattle can cause its gonna get scratched . easy touch up's then

:cheers:

Jake

Wow, you wet sanded, polished, and waxed your cage?

I can't figure out how you guys are hitting your head on this cage? Getting in? I have this same cage and have never hit my head and I'm almost 6'1". I've been running another cage so maybe I'm just conditioned to duck a little when I get in. Just as a side note: If you weld this cage yourself or have a buddy do it please put your doors on the truck before you weld anything. You need to check the clearance of the front doors before you weld anything in place. Just my .02.

Later,

I think you are hitting your head - you just don't feel it.

Sorry, had to say it!

This coming from the guy that changes his name every time he moves! Fauker!

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom