Metal-Tech 2019 GROUP BUY for Bumpers and Sliders! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just announced if you are in the market for sliders or bumpers:

Might be time for some sliders!

Me too! I’ve been looking for an excuse to remove the OEM steps, but my kids, wife, and in-laws all need them.

If we can get to the 50x orders for 15% off plus $100 shipping credit I’m probably in for a set.

Last edited:
I wish someone in Tx made sliders. 250 bucks for shipping on these., jesus!

If you get the uncoated OPOR sliders (Which, if you plan to actually use them, powder coated sliders are not ideal), they typically will UPS them for around $100...

If you get the uncoated OPOR sliders (Which, if you plan to actually use them, powder coated sliders are not ideal), they typically will UPS them for around $100...

Really? You shouldn’t go for the powder coated option? What do you do to avoid rust on the uncoated OPOR ones?

I just paid 260 for shipping on those, came bare, not wrapped in anything, basically slapped a label on bare metal and tossed them on the truck. Tons of scratches but i was gonna paint them anyways. I tried to reach out to MT regarding coupon for mud members but they never responded. It's too bad i like their style sliders and they passed my test on the last set so i bought the same ones. I didn't see anything else i like out there.

Really? You shouldn’t go for the powder coated option? What do you do to avoid rust on the uncoated OPOR ones?

A good cleaning with a purpe scotchbrite pad and MEK, a good primer, and a readily available paint of your choice is the way to go. If you are planning on using your sliders as sliders (drag them over rocks, bump into stuff, etc etc etc) the coating will inevitably get destroyed. It's easier to touch up spray paint and will require less prep work to get something that matches. I also have a tough time spending the money on a nice powdercoat job that will get destroyed and touched up with rattle can anyways...

I just paid 260 for shipping on those, came bare, not wrapped in anything, basically slapped a label on bare metal and tossed them on the truck. Tons of scratches but i was gonna paint them anyways. I tried to reach out to MT regarding coupon for mud members but they never responded. It's too bad i like their style sliders and they passed my test on the last set so i bought the same ones. I didn't see anything else i like out there.

Wow, what part of the country are you in? Maybe it's simple a geographical issue? I am in AZ and I had two sets shipped back in 2017 ish, and they cost $100ish each to ship.

I will say that these are definitely the best sliders I've seen offered for the 100. Very well though out, no shortcuts, and incredibly stout.

Shipping to Vegas is 250.,. Seems little high for my liking.

I'm in VA, so across the country. I don't mind paying if it's good quality stuff and aesthetically pleasing, which MT sliders are. Just wished they were move involved with the forum and community. I sent several PMs, and called a few times, in the end i just bought it online and paid in full, sliders got to me in a week.

58380753_289502525317133_5102325150833967104_n.jpg

A good cleaning with a purpe scotchbrite pad and MEK, a good primer, and a readily available paint of your choice is the way to go. If you are planning on using your sliders as sliders (drag them over rocks, bump into stuff, etc etc etc) the coating will inevitably get destroyed. It's easier to touch up spray paint and will require less prep work to get something that matches. I also have a tough time spending the money on a nice powdercoat job that will get destroyed and touched up with rattle can anyways...
View attachment 1965245
View attachment 1965244

Thank you for replying. This all makes perfect sense and I will go this route if/when we get this group buy going.

According to Metal Tech, they have quite a few 100 sliders in stock so the first people to order will get them shipped. The more that order the bigger the refund at the end of the sale to everyone who participated.

Here is the info from their website:

Our website shows live inventory, priority will go to those who order first. If a product goes out of stock it will still be able to be ordered with the sale however there will be 8-14 weeks lead time depending on the item. For items in stock please allow extra time for us to process orders as demand in the past has put us about a week behind in processing bumper/sliders orders. If $100 shipping credit is reached with the sale, this is one per person, household or shipping address. All additional earned discounts as the # of orders push the discounts, these will be credited back at the end of the sale. We highly recommend placing your order ASAP for priority on inventory as it is or becomes available.

Looking at shipping options... yikes... UPS ground is more than a third of the cost of the sliders.

AFB7493C-FAD7-434F-B0BF-058DAB7A20A8.jpeg

I’ve only seen 3-4 people so far who have posted they were in for a set.

I’m out, sorry! I need to get new rotors, pads, and calipers, front and rear. Uneven wear patterns on rotors lead me to believe my calipers are seized. That’s probably going to cost as much as these sliders anyway. Need to prioritize!

Last edited:
Reactions: jLB
Hmmmm....tempting! I've been wanting some sliders. Now to convince the :princess:
anyone got a structural need to justify. In the same boat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom