Sold my 62... but got a 100! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had an 89 FJ62 for almost 15 years; it was a hell of a truck but I wanted something a bit more practical. And comfortable. So a Mud member from Texas picked up the 62 and like that, she was gone. :frown:

20180630_121225.jpg

I looked and looked for a 100 for almost a year before I pulled the trigger on this one. It's a 2007 two-owner from Delaware and Chicago with 146k miles...I was wary of rust but the undercarriage is in good shape. It was registered as a corporate vehicle for about the first 100K miles so it came with tons of service records plus the TB was changed at about 100K miles. Then it moved to Chicago where I picked it up and drove it back to Arkansas! :)

20180505_125454.jpg

The first weekend I had open I did a lot of work. I changed all diff fluids, coolant flush, new heater tees, AHC fluid change, oil change (Mobil 1 syn), PCV valve, fuel filter change and air filter!

And as my luck would have it, I had to learn about the VGRS the hard way after the alternator died about 3 weeks after I bought her. I drove 20 miles with the steering wheel off center and dash lights going beserk. Bought a rebuilt Denso and installed it and presto, all lights are gone and she's good as new!

I'm excited about this truck what I'll be able to do with it. My 5-year-old has already claimed that it'll be hers when she's 16!

20180514_192352.jpg

20180603_192334.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure to check the power steering fluid, the CV boots lubing the drive shaft and servicing the bearings.

Make sure to check the power steering fluid, the CV boots lubing the drive shaft and servicing the bearings.

The CV boots look good. I do have some clunk which I'm assuming is the drive shaft; I lubed it but could not get any lube in the yoke, I only had success with the spider. I'll try it again once I get it on a lift.

Welcome. I got a FJ62 and a 100 as well.

I went from an FJ62 to a 100 as well! Miss the Princess (FJ62) but my 100s have been bar-none the best compromise between offroad capabilities/daily drivability of any Cruiser I've owned over the last 30 years. Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy your LX!

I went from an FJ62 to a 100 as well! Miss the Princess (FJ62) but my 100s have been bar-none the best compromise between offroad capabilities/daily drivability of any Cruiser I've owned over the last 30 years. Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy your LX!

Yeah, it's hard to beat the combination of comfort and capabilities of this rig. My 62 was special but selling it paid for half of the LX! The LX is just more practical for me.

One of the first things I had to do was get some way to have stream music. I chose the Grom VLine and have had pretty good luck with it. It's overpriced and slow, but work. Plus I can download maps and use offline.

20180530_185316.jpg

One of the first things I had to do was get some way to have stream music. I chose the Grom VLine and have had pretty good luck with it. It's overpriced and slow, but work. Plus I can download maps and use offline.

View attachment 1830711

Did you end up with the first edition or second? I guess either way that looks like MONEY compared to the dumb FM transmitter I'm using right now.

Edit: Also came from the 60 series. Had a metallic blue '85 for almost 15 years before also jumping to a black LX.

Did you end up with the first edition or second? I guess either way that looks like MONEY compared to the dumb FM transmitter I'm using right now.

I got in about a month before the VL2 came out. Mine is slow but definitely WORKS. I have downloaded maps and music on it, that's all I need. If you try to use Youtube or FB or games you're gonna be unhappy. I would expect the VL2 to run circles around this one just based on the hardware changes.

Thanks—I think that's good enough for me, too. Bluetooth > FM feels like the Stone Age once you're used to apps in the car.

Well even though my rig had fairly new tires on it....I couldn't resist and had to get some new AT rubber. I chose Nitto Terra Grappler in 275/70/18. I really didn't want something quite that big because of the increased weight. But so far I love them. I can tell that the tire weight has made the acceleration a little more sluggish, but really the breaking is what I've seen the worst performance in. I'm sure this feeling will go away in time. Take a look:

20181026_171923.jpg

20181026_171915.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom