Builds Meet Uma and not the one you are thinking of (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just came across your build thread and really enjoyed reading though it. I bought my 1968 when I lived in Tucson, moved to Chandler in 2009 and then back to the PNW in 2012. I am curious though, is the parts collector you referred to out in Marana with the initial TH?
Yes it is I haven't seen him in a few months but when it is running i plan on driving it out to show him.

Yes it is I haven't seen him in a few months but when it is running i plan on driving it out to show him.

He did all the fab work my my rig. Hope he is doing well. Tell him Scott Wood says hi.

I read this web site and it shed a lot of light on my situation. and basically told me what I was doing wrong. I have since cleaned up the oil pressure regulator mounting are on the block, made a new gasket out an air filter box and used rtv to seal the gasket to the regulator and the block. @Coolerman gave me permission to use this web site

He did all the fab work my my rig. Hope he is doing well. Tell him Scott Wood says hi.
He is not doing that well health wise kidney failure and age have not been that good to him. He is pretty much getting out of the parts game and has sold off most all of his inventory

He is not doing that well health wise kidney failure and age have not been that good to him. He is pretty much getting out of the parts game and has sold off most all of his inventory

I'm sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed the time that I hung out with him, pretty much an encyclopedia when it came to Land Cruiser stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed the time that I hung out with him, pretty much an encyclopedia when it came to Land Cruiser stuff.
he has forgotten more about land cruisers then I will ever know

Well the day has come. My 3 month project came to life ( after almost a year to the day) and was able to move on her own power. She is still a bit groggy coming out of her coma but she is alive and well.
20220526_143840.jpg

I just drove it down the street to the pool and I couldn't stop staring. There are still a few minor things to be done like. Valve lash adjustment and the skid plate. There is also a new minor coolant leak that i discovered this morning. The main thing is that is is up and about and moving. Man how i have missed driving this truck.

Last edited:
On this memorial day weekend I decided to go get some pictures of Uma in front of some cool murals around town
IMG_20220530_092559_523.jpg

I liked this one because of the Asian writing. I don't think that it is Japanese but it would be really cool if it was.
20220530_091556.jpg

I have no idea why there are so many aquatic murals in the middle of the desert. My oldest daughter took way better pictures then me.

I have been trying to work out the bugs still and in doing so I have to drive it a lot more. Yesterday I drove it to work and by the time I got off at the end of the day I realized that I had a fuel leak.

20220602_114316.jpg

It was coming from the fuel filter /sediment bowl fittings and O-ring. So I took it off and cleaned up the glass bowl and replaced the fuel line and the O-ring. Weird coincidence is that @JackA did the same thing pretty much on his build at the same time.

Last edited:
Glad to see on the road! I really appreciate how field serviceable these rigs are. Yesterday, in the mountains, in a thunderstorm, my wipers stopped working. I was able to expose the wiper linkage and remake a connection where a nut had come loose with only a screwdriver and a crescent wrench. We were back on the road with working wipers. Good thing too…. because it ended up being a Texas sized thunderstorm. -according to my neighbors who are from TX.

Glad to see on the road! I really appreciate how field serviceable these rigs are. Yesterday, in the mountains, in a thunderstorm, my wipers stopped working. I was able to expose the wiper linkage and remake a connection where a nut had come loose with only a screwdriver and a crescent wrench. We were back on the road with working wipers. Good thing too…. because it ended up being a Texas sized thunderstorm. -according to my neighbors who are from TX.
Oh how I have missed driving her around.

On this memorial day weekend I decided to go get some pictures of Uma in front of some cool murals around townView attachment 3021187
I liked this one because of the Asian writing. I don't think that it is Japanese but it would be really cool if it was.
View attachment 3021189

I have no idea why there are so many aquatic murals in the middle of the desert. My oldest daughter took way better pictures then me.
I was always skeptical of your color choice and paint scheme. I'm a believer now. It looks great! Love the mural shots.

I have always kindof wanted to have one of these bezels and there just happened to be someone who had one that wanted a steel one. So we made the trade.
IMG_20220607_212931_063.jpg

My wife doesn't get it.

So I have been getting more and more comfortable with the way she is running so some co workers and I decided to "celebrate" the newest holiday by going out and going off roading.
Screenshot_20220620-160643_Video Player.jpg

This was a screen shot from a video that my son shot.
20220620_101623.jpg

The trail had a couple of really cool underpasses this one from a state route between two little town and an other through a 14 foot tall culvert under a train trestle that we could all park in to get out of the sun.
20220620_103010.jpg

Through some nice yet tight box canyons.

So she made it into toyota Toyota Trails magazine with a quick write up of what she came from until now. Man she is a calendar girl and a magazine feature
IMG_20220804_175221_954.jpg

It is entirely too much fun having this "lady"

Well it isn't anything big but I mounted my jerry can holder using some rivnuts that I picked up off of amazon
20220809_160016.jpg

I know that it isn't the same size or even a tight fit. But my little camp stools fit in there as well when the are collapsed and that hold everything tight. Although when off roading I will ensure that everything is strapped down.

Well after driving through a heavy rain storm with no wipers I found this thread and plan on copying it for Uma.

RainX works better than the oem wiper set up.
You know i use rain-x washer fluid in all my vehicles and it wasn't so that I couldn't see the road but i would like to use the wipers to help keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom