Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been pretty chilly here lately hehe

IMG_8756.JPG

Being a tech for a living, I can tell you one thing, you are definitely more motivated to work on your own project than most!
I see you're in Littleton? I grew up in Westcliffe and went to school in Golden. What kind of work do you do?

I see you're in Littleton? I grew up in Westcliffe and went to school in Golden. What kind of work do you do?

That’s awesome! How long have you been out of Colorado?

I left Littleton for Castle Rock about 4 years ago. Would do anything to move back, but with the recent housing boom, we’re stuck with this house for a few more years.

I work at a Toyota dealership in Littleton.

Not too much going lately. Been driving around the neighborhood and a short trip over to the gas station...if you haven't driven your rig with open exhaust, I highly recommend it when you get the chance.
while waiting on parts to trickle in, I decided to tackle the driver door hinge and paint repair. The door stop was missing for quite a while it seems and the spots on the door and fender are where the door was flung open so many times, the hinge was bent out causing the gap to disappear and the door and fender were making contact. So much work for a cheap easily preventable problem.

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8780.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

Driver's side vacuum tubing and VSV bank completed. Had to splice a new AI VSV in as someone had clipped the wires off for some reason.

View attachment 1582069

View attachment 1582070

View attachment 1582071
Yes I do plan on being somewhat of a copycat because your work on this truck has all looked so nice. Would you mind revealing where and what dimensions you purchased for your vacuum hose update. It looks so nice in a different color. Thanks pal!

Never-mind! I read a few pages further and saw it! Thanks again for posting all the cool work and the processes you have used.

Last edited:
Mind-boggling effort you are putting into the old beast and so worth it! For yourself and the rest of us as well. Watching the video of the original startup was thrilling. When you finish the project, it will be interesting to see which of the 60 series you spend the greater amount of time driving. They each have their own special attractions. Good luck as you proceed.

Mind-boggling effort you are putting into the old beast and so worth it! For yourself and the rest of us as well. Watching the video of the original startup was thrilling. When you finish the project, it will be interesting to see which of the 60 series you spend the greater amount of time driving. They each have their own special attractions. Good luck as you proceed.
Thanks. I load that video up every now and then when I'm not feeling motivated. Can't wait to pop the garage open and have to decide which keys to grab.

Rebending a door hinge and reinstalling with the fender on turns into a meticulous game of measurements. Came out pretty good, I didn't use any filler so there's a little indent where the door was hitting the hinge.

IMG_8810.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8822.JPG

On the planning docket...
Black out driver's wells
Touch ups on tailgate and hatch
Inspect RMS, hopefully just the pan leaking
Replace vacuum shift housing, hairline crack seeping
Make a decision on seats and wheels/tires
Seatbelts
Exhaust and smog
Cruisercrap
Radio
Carpet
Front bumper

What size wheels and tires are on it now, if I may ask? It doesn’t look too shabby, and the Auto tranny and driver will feel differences with bigger meats on there.

Looks like the RMS might be ok, it's dry around the flywheel area. Going to order a pan gasket today. The only one piece gasket I'm finding is the Beck Arnley...anybody have another option? Scratch that, looks like OEM is one piece on these...ordered along with some FIPG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom