Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your dash pad repair is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Replaced the automatic shifter bushings and the grommets on the linkage. Tightened up the sloppy floppy action.

IMG_8664.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

hey Mweb...how's that dash SMELL post repair? does it smell like cow s*** and rubber ala undercoating, or is it more of a solvent/ harbor freight smell? I only ask cause you mentioned using undercoating, and from what I remember, that stuff smells powerfully...

Alrighty then, the one million dollar question... what do you charge for a dashjob?

Alrighty then, the one million dollar question... what do you charge for a dashjob?
I was talking with Jacob today about that, with my bodywork skills, the manhours would add up and not make it worthwhile. I'm a perfectionist with my stuff and x2 if I'm working on someone else's stuff. You could probably knock this out, after prepping the dash, the techniques are all the same as fixing a dent with Bondo and respray.

Marc

Test drive tomorrow..picked up a speedo gear from @cruiserfj45 today along with a hood and other things. Thanks again man. That 62 is definitely giving this one life.

TOtally awesome. Big pat on your back. Great work!

Awesome! Must have been a good feeling. Sorry to hijack the thread... what is that thing at 45 seconds in the first video!!!
That's a Jeep, I've stopped by a couple of times but the guy hasn't been home. Thing is pretty cool.

I had a feeling that’s what it was. Looks like a Kaiser.

So... now what’s next?

Well, I have a lot of little projects that need to be wrapped up...

Reinstall
Door cards
Hood
Rear bumper

Source and install
Seat belts
Seats
Exhaust from cat back
Misc dash components
Front bumper

Smog check

That's the near term list

I retract my earlier statement about checking every mm of the wiring harness. While going through a lights check... headlights, front marker, and clearance lights are good...
No blinkers, rear marker, or tail lights including no brake.
Flasher switch makes all blinkers flash except driver rear that is just dark. There is 12V at Turn, Tail, and Stop fuse terminals, fuses are good.

Decided to pull the cargo panel and check for voltage at the connectors by the washer bag. Bright side, I ordered an endoscope recently and got to put it in action...down side, it found this down inside the cargo panel and I'm back to wire repair.

IMG_8730.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom