MCP remote start install- 2014 LX570. (First post) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 'Mud' users, this is my first post on the forum... I recently purchased a true creampuff as my grandfather would have said... 2014 LX570, 1 owner, southern vehicle, absolutely no rust, 124xxx miles. All service done at the local Lexus dealer. Flew south and drove it home about 750 miles. Probably paid a bit too much for it.

Reading that these all-mostly came with the factory installed remote start system. This one did not.
After a bit of research I decided on the MCP remote start system from the jungle store. Link
I selected the MCP system so I could retain the same start method as the factory system and still use the fob. 2 lock presses, 1 lock press hold, release, start up.

Installation was pretty straightforward with most of the challenges gaining access to the plugs on the ECM.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures. The MCP instructions are pretty straightforward. Six wires, some setup/module learning and your all set.

Back to the new-to-me LX570... This is my first Lexus and first Toyota product. I was really looking for a SUV that will last me for the long term. All the reviews and videos make it clear that the Toyota platform is the one to choose. I have historically driven Audi's for well over 20 years mostly being A6's. I'm still trying to get used to the driver ergonomics and controls layout LX570 vs. A6. It must be a difference in Japanese designers vs. German. Not really a fan of the wood-leather steering wheel. That is probably going to be the first thing I'm going to change. 1) either wrap the existing wood-leather or 2)- swap it out for a steering wheel from another Toyota. They appear to be plug and play if you find a similar configuration. Any recommendations for the steering wheel issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks for a great forum.

Take care,
Lunadog- New owner of '14 LX570

Congrats and welcome!

Steering wheel: get a Loncky wheel cover. Love mine.

Loncky Genuine Leather Auto Custom Steering Wheel Covers for Toyota Land Cruiser 2008-2015 / Toyota Tundra 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013/ Toyota Sequoia 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Accessories https://a.co/d/bi2BMMw

Welcome! And great choice of vehicle. How are you liking the MPC remote start? I’ve been considering the model they have that would utilize my factory fob as well.

Also, another vote for the Loncky wheel cover @KLF mentioned above. I put that on my 2011 LC and it made a huge difference in looks and steering wheel comfort. Just take your time when installing.

Welcome! And great choice of vehicle. How are you liking the MPC remote start? I’ve been considering the model they have that would utilize my factory fob as well.

Also, another vote for the Loncky wheel cover @KLF mentioned above. I put that on my 2011 LC and it made a huge difference in looks and steering wheel comfort. Just take your time when installing.
So far so good on the MPC remote start. The installation instructions were 'ok'. Did not care for the 7.5a fuse recommendation without a fuse. They could have included an in-line fuse with the kit. Not a big deal. It would have made the kit a bit more 'complete'.

It will definitly be nice in the upcoming cold midwestern winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom