May Long Weekend - May 16-18, 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in for this trip boys!! And taking Phil's advice from the whipsaw trip where I rode with Drew, I'll bring my own truck this time. Anyone know a good local place to buy a stainless CB antenna?

I got a nice Larsen at Com-West. Nice thing about the Laren is the big UHF connector unscrews so you don't need a big hole to feed the cable through
Com-West is on Main Street near Marine on the West side.
GG

They had a few at Burnaby Radio last time I was there, if they're closer to you than Com West. North Shore Off Road usually has some too.
I like the Wilson Flex 4', not a stainless whip but it can be bent 180 degrees back on itself. Didn't see any last time I was out looking, so ordered one from Durham Radio in Ontario. They're pretty reasonable, same for Radioworld in Toronto if you can't find what you want locally (unlikely to be a problem though)

If Bellingham is closer, I purchased mine (PCTel) at

Wiztronics Inc
1800 Ellis St
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-380-0300

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a 97' Cobra that I never got around to intsalling. It will be nice to talk to others instead of wondering why we've stopped again. Last time on the whipsaw (when I took my own truck) Drew loaned me a handheld CB, thanks Drew!!

I like the Larson. Got mine at Ralphs radio.

I think I'm gonna pass on any towing for the near future at least. Other projects more pressing and I don't need the anxiety of replacing a tranny before Rubithon (or en route to it).

If I were you, Jeff, I'd buck up for the tranny cooler. I wouldn't risk the potential bill for a cooked tranny, no way no how.

chains

who is coming with chains?

It's looking like I'll be in Kelowna on the 13th and 14th for a tradeshow. Might as well just drive out and join the the Coastal Cruisers fun, I figure.

Right on Bruce! I'll bring your trailer plate - it's only been what, 6 years? 7?

How many others

I got a set with V-bars I will bring. Might come in handy on the hills as well as hauling others. So that makes 2, so how many others are bringing chains? Matt?

I am bringing chains, there is still a deep pack , I doubt we are even gonna get near poison /china

I agree, but others are more optimistic.

We did do Windy Ridge this time of the year a few years back. We didn't try to get to Poison. When this thread started there was probably less snow pack than now, if nothing else it will/would be fun to go up Windy... as long as nobody Luge's back down.
GG

We did do Windy Ridge this time of the year a few years back. We didn't try to get to Poison. When this thread started there was probably less snow pack than now, if nothing else it will/would be fun to go up Windy... as long as nobody Luge's back down.

GG

WE DONT HAVE enough skidoos, In Fact we couldnt get an ABRAMS M1 up there at this moment, its belly would be holding it back. AT the foot of Poison in feet Im saying 9', I have done some fairly technical routes but we will need a few Labradors to get to the top. I will phone comox and see LOL knowing that peice of junk we would crash and burn .

WE DONT HAVE enough skidoos, In Fact we couldnt get an ABRAMS M1 up there at this moment, its belly would be holding it back. AT the foot of Poison in feet Im saying 9', I have done some fairly technical routes but we will need a few Labradors to get to the top. I will phone comox and see LOL knowing that peice of junk we would crash and burn .

9' now, but could be down to a few feet in a month. I remain optamistic, because if not, no one is going to try. I do remember getting to the top of China head mountain on May long in 2004 and we did have to break through a few spots with 2-3' snow drifts. I do think windy ridge is doable if the weather cooperates, since it was done in 2006, and mud lakes to big bar via china head is probably unlikely, but I will keep my hopes up and give it a try if there are a few other trucks that want to try as well.

we will need a few Labradors to get to the top. I will phone comox and see LOL knowing that peice of junk we would crash and burn .

No way! The Boeing Vertol 107/113 a.k.a. Labradors are tough machines. They're used extensively for heli-loggin' and are more dependable than the 234/Chinook.

What makes the difference in their depenability is the way they're maintained. Search rescue = military.

need the M-ATV

Abrams M1 way too heavy - need something lighter like the Oshkosh M-ATV...

Oshkosh Tactical Wheeled Trailer video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom