Marilee’s Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to just say it....needs a grille!

Some reassembling is happening!
D901A6BB-3E32-4B3A-8531-8347F809204E.jpeg
9054470E-4F7E-483E-B85E-5A8957AB0953.jpeg
8A344F2B-5C25-4580-AB89-75CF8EADA357.jpeg
8AF16FA1-370C-4C91-8841-1020206EE5F5.jpeg
C7072C55-4F9A-4BE0-A0BE-7CC974ACD1D3.jpeg

First off, I love the color choices and the stripe execution is impressive and attractive! I know you are pleased :)

I’m not sure how I feel about my wheels. I picked them out before paint was decided on. I feel they don’t match.

Very much a personal choice but I think your current wheels can work and will look different with a cleaning and completion of the assembly.

If I were choosing wheels that, to my eye, match the paintjob as well as my personal preferences I'd consider the OE wheels or a set of steelies. My eyes like OE wheels or wider steel wheels with the flares on and steel wheels with a touch narrower tires if the flares are off. For your own 80 it's all about figuring out what looks good to your eye and makes you happy when you see the truck.

While I usually prefer the older style smooth or round-hole steel wheels the following style seems like it may look cool on your truck?

fj60.jpg

I’m not sure how I feel about my wheels. I picked them out before paint was decided on. I feel they don’t match. The styles are not matched or something. Stressing me out. Might powder coat the silver on the wheels black l....hmmmmmm
View attachment 2524294
I have all black wheels on my Reg, I liked them before they went on, now they just seem all washed out, they just blend in with the tires. There beadlocks and where $400 each, It sucks when you really like something take the plunge only to fine out you don't like them as much as you thought

Wheels are such a personal thing and I could not put a finger on it, but for some reason I have to agree with you they just don't look right ( Please don't be offended) it's not like we can just mount up different tire & wheel combos to see how they look.

I think some steelies would look perfect on that truck. Painted white or beige. Either Toyota steelies with all the holes (like the FJC steelies) or Wheel Vintiques Smoothies.

So cool :cool:

I’m not sure how I feel about my wheels. I picked them out before paint was decided on. I feel they don’t match. The styles are not matched or something. Stressing me out. Might powder coat the silver on the wheels black l....hmmmmmm
Nah, Don't powder the wheel rings black. Orange! ...to balance out the stripes.

brown cruiser_orange.jpg

Good luck with your recovery.

Great job! Love your dedication to getting this truck fixed up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom