Marilee’s Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wax on wax off...you got this ;)

She is going to the shop tomorrow and Sunday, I just set the schedule. She can work with our 7 year old and get some things done. 3 arms is better than 1 :p

Wishing you a smooth recovery.
I'll throw a wheel vote at you as well. I would scrounge up some factory alloys and get them powder coated in that same beige as hood/roof. Full orange wheels could be interesting also.
The above post with the edited orange rings changed to overall look quite a bit.

Wishing you a smooth recovery.
I'll throw a wheel vote at you as well. I would scrounge up some factory alloys and get them powder coated in that same beige as hood/roof. Full orange wheels could be interesting also.
The above post with the edited orange rings changed to overall look quite a bit.
Thank you! I bought the wheels before we painted it, and I’m not loving them. We have discussed different options and plan to change them

While I worked on other vehicles, it was mom and daughter time installing weatherstripping on the doors.
9180C304-A872-4AFE-990D-D0CA7A4C320B.jpeg
0CB5825A-4F63-401E-AF61-369F6B101855.jpeg

Marilee, Kelly,
Where are you getting OEM parts?
We haven't bought any for this vehicle yet. She did order an oil pump seal kit from Wits-end, but that is it so far.

We haven't bought any for this vehicle yet. She did order an oil pump seal kit from Wits-end, but that is it so far.
Have you guys tried here. I’ve used them and they are great. 4 days to get the parts FedEx. Shipping less then sales tax in CA.

@RN80 i just got finished reading your thread, and I’m passing it on to a friend to get her excited and motivated to start some body work that’s been needed for a while. I’m more of a 60 and 120 girl myself but got caught up in your build. So fun to watch and see what seems to be a huge confidence building experience. It always looks so much easier on this side of ‘’mud. I wanted to respond - also - because I had the exact same surgery last year - so I know what you are going thru. It’s a very tough surgery and very tough recovery. Then another surgery to take the hardware out. And the physical therapy can be traumatizing in some ways. At least that was my experience, but you’re younger than me by a couple decades, so you should heal way better than me! Then I find out you have a kid and it becomes unimaginable to me having experienced how hard it is to just take care of myself post surgery. I’m sure you’ve had a lot of help from that great husband of yours.

You’ll come out the other side before you know it and everything will be working great again! Sorry if I’ve blabbed on too long but I just wanted you to know there’s another cruiser lover who works on her rigs and has gone thru what you are, and to know it’s going to be okay, it just takes a little time to heal and build up the tissues and strength again. And it really helps to get back into it even if it’s just doing the little things.

I look forward to the rest of the build!!!

@RN80 i just got finished reading your thread, and I’m passing it on to a friend to get her excited and motivated to start some body work that’s been needed for a while. I’m more of a 60 and 120 girl myself but got caught up in your build. So fun to watch and see what seems to be a huge confidence building experience. It always looks so much easier on this side of ‘’mud. I wanted to respond - also - because I had the exact same surgery last year - so I know what you are going thru. It’s a very tough surgery and very tough recovery. Then another surgery to take the hardware out. And the physical therapy can be traumatizing in some ways. At least that was my experience, but you’re younger than me by a couple decades, so you should heal way better than me! Then I find out you have a kid and it becomes unimaginable to me having experienced how hard it is to just take care of myself post surgery. I’m sure you’ve had a lot of help from that great husband of yours.

You’ll come out the other side before you know it and everything will be working great again! Sorry if I’ve blabbed on too long but I just wanted you to know there’s another cruiser lover who works on her rigs and has gone thru what you are, and to know it’s going to be okay, it just takes a little time to heal and build up the tissues and strength again. And it really helps to get back into it even if it’s just doing the little things.

I look forward to the rest of the build!!!
I just started crying when I read this. Thank you so much for writing me. I’ve been really down and it’s been a rough road. Your kind words and understanding means the world to me. Thank you so much 😊
Marilee

I did nothing to provoke this quote. Today, she looked at me and said this about her 80: "This is the best thing you have ever bought me! I think that I like it better than my wedding ring"

WOW:oops:

I did nothing to provoke this quote. Today, she looked at me and said this about her 80: "This is the best thing you have ever bought me! I think that I like it better than my wedding ring"

WOW:oops:
I Think you got a keeper there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom