Manefre 4" springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone body recently bought manefre or brb 4" springs. I've been dealing with them for over 3 months now on trying to get their springs figured out. So they finally sent me the new springs. And they are still wrong. They are telling me that they just sent out another set and the guy installed them and they worked and for great. Of course they won't put me in touch with this person to find out what I'm doing wrong with my install. Yes my perches are in the stock factory position. So if you just installed their 4" spring kit please let me know how it really worked for you. Here are a few pics of how it worked for me
20170506_170120.jpg
20170508_074110.jpg

20170508_074138.jpg

20170508_074052.jpg

No I didn't drive it, the centering pin is the same either way. The driver side isn't connected, it won't come forward any more due to the passenger side being so far forward. Trust me guys I've done everything I can accept stretch the springs to the proper length. The spring perches measure 44 1/2" center of eyes. The springs they sent are 41"

Just looked at frame dimensions. Center to center on rear springs is 1155 mm. = 45.472 inches. The fronts are 1071 mm. = 42.165 inches. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's what I came up with originally measurement wise. I did call Kurt he doesn't have.a.4" spring kit only 2 1/2", and yes this is second time around, the unfortunate thing is no one else seems to make a 4" kit which is really weird. Does anyone know of any spring manufacturers in the Washington state area?

Go SOA and use Stock springs. Boom, 4 inch lift.

Mad 4 inch springs had me relocate shackle hangers 1" forward in order to get any kind of decent angle.... a year on and they'll sag into the correct arch, and you can decide if you want to move the hangers back... I did not. You could tank em and put em on the ground inverted in front of your other truck and drive up on them to pre-settle them... I know it ain't what you wanted to hear. They have crap customer support which is too bad cause they have some great team members...you just gotta be smarter than spring steel and don't take no as an answer from the leafs...

Call Northwest off-road specialties. They do mini trucks and back in the umm early 80s used to do landcruisers. They may have a contact. Haven't heard a lot of positives about Alcans. Soa

they'll be ok if you can get em to de-invert; they have a s***on of pre-arch...that's why I say to drive up on them....

Thanks yes that is the issue, the rear springs are to short wich moves the centering pin forward and doesn't let the shackle do it's job it also jams the slip joint all the way up on the yoke. But everybody on the manafre end keeps telling me that something is wrong with the 55. I dont know how it could be, the perches are still rivited on the frame so they haven't been moved. I don't know. The worst part is manefre or btb is there other name is treating me like I'm in the wrong here and I'm an idiot. I didn't make the springs, I didn't advertise any springs for sale I didn't send the wrong springs originally. Nor did I have new springs manufactured and sent them out still being the wrong springs. The worst part is the owner gave the sales person direct orders to not compensate me at all for any of the inconvienance. I did shell out nearly 1800.00 dollers now. And waste 2 days installing the lift twice. Ok I got that outa my system moving on have a pleasant evening

Nothing wrong with the truck, it's their design. Too much pre...dont run like that btw... it'll kill th tcase. They are full of s*** no one else has this problem but you won't win with them short of returning them for your money back. But then you still need springs. Those asshats...

IMG_7593.JPG
So... I bought the 2.5" lift from Cruiser Outfitters. They've always have excellent customer service and super fast shipping. For this kit I had to move the rear spring hangers back 5" to get the proper shackle angle and remove a few of the super heavy overload springs on the rear. I would have been happy with that if I ran 33's but I mounted 35's and felt like they would rub under flex. So I bought the man-a-fre /BTB (I'm told it's same company now) shackle reversal kit because it's "supposed" to add 1.5" of lift, and it would allow me to move the front axle forward 1". Their kit for the 55 was "supposed" to have dual bolt pattern because it's the same kit they sell for the 60 series, it also uses a special shackle that uses the factory rear spring hanger. For me this was the sources of the problem. The total lift from their shackle reversal kit was about 5". That kit was also "supposed" to include front spring pins, mine did not. I also called to ask tech questions, and was told that someone was going to call me back. That didn't happen. I installed the kit and the pics should show what I mean. I called them after installation and they just couldn't understand what happened.... My solution was to order the rear section of a 40 shackle reversal kit and after that's installed I can run the Cruiser outfitters shackle and that should lower it about 3.5" I also bought a pair of TPI's super shackles to level the rear. This has taken waaaaay longer than expected but it will be worth it in the end! Time is ticking for the Pig fest.
IMG_7590.JPG
IMG_7588.JPG
IMG_7592.JPG

Dang, and I have been seriously eyeing those Springs from MAF. Sorry for your problems, but thanks for posting up. Hope it all works out!

View attachment 1456293 So... I bought the 2.5" lift from Cruiser Outfitters. They've always have excellent customer service and super fast shipping. For this kit I had to move the rear spring hangers back 5" to get the proper shackle angle and remove a few of the super heavy overload springs on the rear. I would have been happy with that if I ran 33's but I mounted 35's and felt like they would rub under flex. So I bought the man-a-fre /BTB (I'm told it's same company now) shackle reversal kit because it's "supposed" to add 1.5" of lift, and it would allow me to move the front axle forward 1". Their kit for the 55 was "supposed" to have dual bolt pattern because it's the same kit they sell for the 60 series, it also uses a special shackle that uses the factory rear spring hanger. For me this was the sources of the problem. The total lift from their shackle reversal kit was about 5". That kit was also "supposed" to include front spring pins, mine did not. I also called to ask tech questions, and was told that someone was going to call me back. That didn't happen. I installed the kit and the pics should show what I mean. I called them after installation and they just couldn't understand what happened.... My solution was to order the rear section of a 40 shackle reversal kit and after that's installed I can run the Cruiser outfitters shackle and that should lower it about 3.5" I also bought a pair of TPI's super shackles to level the rear. This has taken waaaaay longer than expected but it will be worth it in the end! Time is ticking for the Pig fest.
View attachment 1456289 View attachment 1456290 View attachment 1456291

we've got the same front set-up other than springs...I don't like how the reversed shackles sit straight up...but it can flex...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one, sorry to here about your issues with them. Yes btb bought manefre very unfortunate I used manefre a lot 20 years ago was a good company. So what I've done is bypass manefre and went directly to the spring manufacture, atlas springs so far they are willing to be helpful. We will see. I will say that their springs are very nice
20170503_193417.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom