Make an introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New to the Springs

Just bought 96 LX 450 w/factory lockers. I have been under it doing axle over haul,front brakes, new fluids, new OME 2.5 kit, bumper and transferred a winch. I'm new to Land Cruisers but not driving off road but nothing as extreme as what you guys are doing.

Uses- General fun rig, hunting, camping, fishing etc., maybe a few trail runs but nothing extreme

Here's pic before the new tires in Yellowstone 2 weeks ago.

Leon
Ystone.jpg

Hey everyone! Mike Shull here...nice pictures! Inspiring.
I'll try to post a picture here...This computer at work isn't working that great....let's see:

I've been blocked...ha! Here is a link anyway...I'll have to get a picture posted once I'm home!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Ok..I am home...here is a pic.

100_5655.jpg
100_5655.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again all

Hi guys,
Ron here, I will finally be getting back to the Springs from being TDY "temporary duty" in TX for the last year plus. Looking forward to getting out again with the 40. Had a blast the last time I joined you on eagle rock. Will be back the beg of Feb so will make the next meeting that month. Take care and I look forward to chatting again.. Oh have to ask. Got the cruiser running during holiday break. noticed fluid leaking from front left hub "asian style" any ideas of what I need to replace?? think there is a star shaped hub seal in there, also is there a fill hole for fluid or just grease that is in there. May be dumb question but i have not taken it apart and dont want it to freeze up on me lol. Take care all.. my email is isabellesdad2001 at the yah if u want to add me to email list.. thanks all.
Ron
cruiser.jpg

Hello all. My name is Mike and I have just purchased an 82 FJ60 here in Denver. I have owned my 2nd gen 4 runner a few years now and decided I'd like to have something better suited for our family camping trips (5 of us and a black lab). I have done some occasional wheeling but nothing serious (medano pass and off gold camp road/eagle rock area) but could see myself enjoying trips with others when I get my truck where it needs to be.

Currently my cruiser has some homemade lift shackles on it to compensate for the sagging springs and stuff but I plan on doing a mild lift like and OME system but I am still open to suggestions. The truck runs pretty good but has the normal 25 year old truck things that still need to be fixed up.

"3vzePITA" hahaha i used to have one of those in my 4runner, and you're right, it was a pain in the a:eek::eek:. welcome mike, glad to have you. check out our calander currently posted in the forum and come to a few trail rides. there's a lot of good trails for a stocker fj60, and we don't mind helping to get you through the rough spots if you need it.

Mike,

Welcome. Post up a picture of your 60.

Chuck

Hello Everyone. I have a question for the guys in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. I am looking to relocate to your area due to my in-laws will have to seek hospice care in the near future. So my Wife, 4 kids, and I are looking to relocate. I have found a temp job that can start in two weeks, working for the city doing utilities. But it is only temp work. How is the job market there for full time work. I have 4 degrees, and I am a unlimited General Contractor in SC. I am in Kingsport TN at the moment,(trying to get one of 3 fj40's upfited). Please any suggestions will be great. I do not know to move or just visit. If we do move we will be staying in a campground for now in the southeen west part of COS. I will fly back down to Myrtle Beach SC to get my other belongings at a later time.
bl26.jpg

I don't know much about the job situation or camping but I can say CSU is a great place to work. Hopefully getting the temp will lead to something permanent. Best of luck and look up the club when you get out this way.

Thank you CO_Hunter. I might have found a driving job in COS for a gentleman. He works for a paving or a concrete company. Any way it is good pay and a start. I would love to come on up so my family can help out with my inlaws, and to meet new friends.
2B1.GIF
bl26.jpg

Check with KIRA the base contractor at Ft. Carson also check with CH2MHill Academy services LLC who has the base maintenance contract at the Air Force Academy Those are pretty good long term jobs that are pretty economy resistant. Springs Utilities would be good also. There are also quite a few school districts around the Springs to look in to. I worked at USAFA for about 5 years and left there to take a job here at Denver Public Schools and I will say the pay/jobstress/ and benefits are all pretty equal.

Lol, I will also look into that. I have just applied at 5 contractor positions off of Career Builder. The bad thing is when you do not live in the area the companies would rather hire locals instead of out of towners. Thank you for letting me know the places to look at.
bl26.jpg

Alteredvision - screen name

My name is Ty, and I am driving a dark green 96 4Runner. I have owned it for 3 months and used to have an FJ Cruiser. I have a lot of desert rock experience but no mountains experience because I just moved back here from Vegas. I was born in Aurora and lived just off quincy reservoir.

Here is a link to the Colorado gallery and some of the things we have done so far Picasa/tschubarth and here is the old images from the desert.

DSC01999.JPG

Last edited:
nice to meet ya ty, My name is Luke. Always good to see another 4runner guy out there. Welcome to Ih8mud.

JF Cameleon of Alteredvision's

Can you find the FJ in this picture?

I was looking at the pictures of Alteredvision's FJ in the desert and I liked this one so I posted it.
fj.JPG

Make that an FJ not a JF? I need some coffee this morning.

That was after a big rain and we all played in the mud, broke an FJ and then went to the rocks. He was letting his girlfriend do the waterfall for the first time.

Logandale is one of the only real trail systems out by Vegas. All the clubs go out there and there is a big rally every year. Tons of sand rocks and dunes to play on. If you are ever going to Vegas to off road it is the place to go.

Last edited:
Intro:

I am not new to Toy's, but i am newly relocated to the area (either Durango or Farmington...i will be working in FArminton). I am a GCC and TLCA member and a Toyotaholic. I currently am running a 97' 80 and a 99 4Runner. If the right opportunity to pick up a 40 presents itself, i have a spot in the garage ready for it too! I have been all over the San Juan's, been to a couple of FJ Cruiser summits when i had my FJ (also was there this year with my 80, a buddy still has his FJ). It would be nice to hook up with some you guy's on the trails in Central Colorado...i bought some acreage last fall around Mount Blanca, and as such, would love to hit Blanca with you guys on the 22nd. When i get around to it i'll post some pic's of the toys...:beer:

Kyle

It would great to have you join us on August 22 for the Blanca trip. We have been trying to make camping plans for Friday night maybe around the Sand Dunes and the camping at Lake Como at the top of Blanca Saturday night. Watch the web site updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom