Make an introduction (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Jessie! Yay...another 40 owner! I should have mine out on the run (goes in for clutch work in the morning!)

Howdy all....not new here but I'm back after a three-year assignment to California.

I still have the old 60 but she now sports a throttle-body fuel injection setup and electric fan...seems to get her down the road a bit better....

Looking forward to getting back into the mountains....if anyone has a run planned for this weekend I'm up for something!

Howdy all....not new here but I'm back after a three-year assignment to California.

I still have the old 60 but she now sports a throttle-body fuel injection setup and electric fan...seems to get her down the road a bit better....

Looking forward to getting back into the mountains....if anyone has a run planned for this weekend I'm up for something!

Welcome back Eric, sounds like some nice mods.

Not a run exactly but this weekend I am heading to the Roan Plateau and scouting a new area for elk hunting. Going after them with my .50 flintlock in about a week. Hope to pop a grouse or two as well. Welcome to tag along if you are in to that sort of thing.

BTW, gave you your first like ;)

Reactions: SAS
Welcome back Eric, sounds like some nice mods.

Not a run exactly but this weekend I am heading to the Roan Plateau and scouting a new area for elk hunting. Going after them with my .50 flintlock in about a week. Hope to pop a grouse or two as well. Welcome to tag along if you are in to that sort of thing.

BTW, gave you your first like ;)
Thanks for the like & the offer.

Not a hunter so I'll pass this time...probably just do a quick solo run up Baldy

Welcome back. You may recall the last time you were here that you could go to the top; not so any longer as there is now a gate on the road before the reservoir.

Mount Baldy | Trails Offroad
Didn't make anyway....died on gold camp road and had turn around.

Weirdest thing--acted like vapor lock but I have an electric fuel pump and fuel injection. Going to try re-routing my fuel lines tomorrow.....

Didn't make anyway....died on gold camp road and had turn around.

Weirdest thing--acted like vapor lock but I have an electric fuel pump and fuel injection.

That is weird. You got turned around and out safely, I presume. Did it exhibit that symptom any more going home? Pressure regulator? Electrical glitch? Crimped or too small diameter fuel delivery line? Curious to hear your diagnosis and remedy.

Hey all, lived in Colo Spgs most my life and just looking for some guys to hit the trail with! My dad twbland has come along with you guys a lot and said its great! Sadly I don't have a cruiser but just have a small lifted 05 Runner that hopefully fits the bill!

That is weird. You got turned around and out safely, I presume. Did it exhibit that symptom any more going home? Pressure regulator? Electrical glitch? Crimped or too small diameter fuel delivery line? Curious to hear your diagnosis and remedy.
It's been an issue with this rig since I got it. Hot day & over 10,000 feet it stumbles for a bit like its out of gas, then dies and won't start for 30 min or so (sputters when you crank it but won't run). It then will fire up and run perfectly the rest of the day.

I've put in an electric fuel pump and switched to the "Painless" fuel injection so vapor lock should not be possible. The fuel lines were run (not sure if stock or previous owner mod) up around the front of the valve cover and back to the carb (now throttle-body) which seemed to expose them to a lot of heat. Latest theory was they were getting hot enough to vaporize the fuel and blocking the flow. Not much of a theory but I've re-routed them away from all that heat to see if it makes a difference.

Maybe she's just a tired old girl and needs a break sometimes......

Hi All

My name is Austin. Just got my first LC it’s the DD / family hauler with the weekend camping get away. Pretty much stock so far with just removing running boards and tire upgrade.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Hi, Austin. Welcome to the site.

We like 100's, stock or built. Come out and join us for a meeting or a trail ride.

Hey everyone. My name is Andrew and I purchased my 80 series last year when I was 15 and now just got my license 2 weeks ago. Over the past year I have installed Slee rock sliders and a 2.5-3inch lift with OME coils and Fox shocks with a 30mm Man a Fre spacer up front. Came with 285s but am itching to regear and put on some 35s. I have also been spending the past year just baselining. Came unlocked but would like to throw in an ARB in rear this next summer.

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Hello all,

Just moved to CoS this summer and am buying a house in Woodland Park. Hopefully things go smoothly and I will close on time. I need a garage again! I finally have time to spend on fun projects, and I intend to do just that. I am sure I will have to ask for some assistance along the way, as I am not the best mechanic...

Anyway, I am happy to be living here in beautiful Colorado! Here's my 78 FJ40, had it since 05. I have had it at my folks place in NM since 2012. My 78 yo dad drives around in it every few weeks to keep things moving and he loves it!

20160327_112957.jpg

@1phrogguy - welcome to Colorado Springs. Please join us this coming Tuesday, 13 December at Rudy's BBQ on Hwy 24 for our annual holiday party. 6PM. We'll have a white elephant gift exchange. Family welcome. See the holiday party thread for more details.

Pops out volunteering at the local animal shelter with my ride. Fingers crossed I get to close on this house....I need that thing back in my life.
20161214_133440[534].jpeg

Reactions: SAS
@1phrogguy

Jon, it was nice to meet you at the party last week at Rudy's. Looking forward to seeing you at an occasional meeting and trail ride.

Hello everyone. Good to meet you and look forward to some trails.
Sorry... not LC owner... But who does not like Tacos. :)

Hey Guys,
I just moved to the springs from Idaho and I have been dying to get out wheeling around here, but havent met anyone yet. I drove by redline land cruisers on Tuesday but didnt see anyone there for the meeting, so I am hoping to meet up with you guys on the next trail run !

Where in Idaho are you from? I moved in (From Meridian ID) a few years ago and just started getting out with folks from here this past weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom