Make an introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, fellow cruiserhead (2 80s, 1 gx470, and a 1st gen 4r) from NC, looking to possibly relocate out to CO later this year. Currently looking between Boulder area down to Co Springs. In the IT field, with project management skeels too. Working on getting some certifications current to enhance the options.

Looking for "affordable" options for living. My daughter will be having to commute to Broomfield 1 or 2 days a week. I've got a buddy on the prairie in Yoder, which was cool, but may be a bit too far out of civilization.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve - Broomfield would be a long haul from Colorado Springs. Probably 90 minutes each way on a good day.

My name is Ryan and just picked up my first 80 series. Needs work an I am lost on these ones. I have no power steering, ABS light is are the only major things as of now. Front diff leaks from every possible point haha. If anyone is local and might be able to help out and get me started that would be great. I am not novice to working on vehicles just these. Thanks and looking forward to camping this summer with it.

Hello all my name is Nick and i Live in Thornton CO. I bought my first FZJ80 2 weeks ago as a "mechanics special". Front brakes were seized and the power steering box leaks like a mad man. Im two weeks in and I have 33's on Fj steelies. EBC rotors and pads were installed along with new front calipers. Ive owned a couple of jeeps but always desired something with more room so here I am. I look forward to meeting new people in the LC community.

My name is Ryan and just picked up my first 80 series. Needs work an I am lost on these ones. I have no power steering, ABS light is are the only major things as of now. Front diff leaks from every possible point haha. If anyone is local and might be able to help out and get me started that would be great. I am not novice to working on vehicles just these. Thanks and looking forward to camping this summer with it.
I'm in Thornton and new to the game too. I'm starting out with experience working on other vehicles. Im good with suspension and axles and not so good with electronics. Im a family man who likes to wench in the garage, sip on a beer and hit the trails. If you need some help let me know.

Hello Folks,

A lot of moving parts will hopefully be coming together and I'll be importing a Land Cruiser II (aka Prado, Light Duty 70) from Italy in about 2 years. Through a lot of research and based on my personal needs I've settled on the 93-95 Light Duty 70 as being a good match. Plus I just plain want one.

So, does anyone here in the Colorado Club have a European or JDM import 70 series? I'd love to see one in person.

Also, are first gen Tacos allowed at the club trail rides? 🤔

Anyway, happy trails, and I can't wait to join the club for real!

Hello, my name is Jerry and my wife and I moved out from Wisconsin to the Springs last summer. Recently decided my wife's Civic coupe didn't fit our needs out here, so we traded it in and picked up a 4Runner.

I'd really like to get out on some trails with the group and learn some off roading fundamentals (I have zero experience). I don't plan on trying anything too crazy, as it's my wife's vehicle, but we'd love to see more of the Colorado wilderness and learn along the way.

Re-introducing myself.
Had an 04 (in thumbnail) a couple years ago. Was totaled in an accident.
Got a new 04 a week or so ago and will be starting the build.
I'm in Colorado Springs.

Cheers!
~Ed

@greenrover @Kungfujerry @yotaxj @95FJ80 @maddslacker we're having a little Toyota get together this Sunday, August 4th in Colorado Springs, noon to 3pm.

Good evening, and Happy Friday! Just found this section, after reading Mud for a couple years (I know, open your eyes, man). I bought my LX470 in January, and have been creeping towards making it the adventure vehicle I’ve been thinking about for many, many years. Mods come in as I earn the funds to make them happen. I’m installing my winch bumper this weekend, and am anticipating an issue. Though the bumper is only 40#s or so heavier than the factory setup, I’ve already got a bit more than normal rake. Does anyone here consider themselves a Techstream expert and have the right computer setup? I’m more than happy to swap skills- I weld, do serviceable carpentry, and have most of the usual tools. Maybe we could help each other out? Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, Patrick, thought I'd check in here. I'm in Colorado Springs and I just got my '97 FZJ80 after owning a '95 pickup, Samurai, and FJ60 (all sold now). I'm loving the 80, it's pretty fun to drive around! If anyone needs an extra hand with some wrenching let me know. I'll be sure to check out some of the events ya'll have around the area. Maybe even a meeting if that's allowed. I've already brought Lucy in to Justin at Red Line Cruisers for a lookover...

IMG_20191017_143409.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Patrick, thought I'd check in here. I'm in Colorado Springs and I just got my '97 FZJ80.

Nice! Come join us on our trail cleanup this weekend, or for the Forest Service weekends in December!

Hey everyone, Patrick, thought I'd check in here. I'm in Colorado Springs and I just got my '97 FZJ80 after owning a '95 pickup, Samurai, and FJ60 (all sold now). I'm loving the 80, it's pretty fun to drive around! If anyone needs an extra hand with some wrenching let me know. I'll be sure to check out some of the events ya'll have around the area. Maybe even a meeting if that's allowed. I've already brought Lucy in to Justin at Red Line Cruisers for a lookover...

View attachment 2110586
Welcome! It was nice meeting you yesterday. 80's are the best :)

Reactions: SAS
Hi All,

Mark here. I am in Colorado Springs, just got '13 LX 570. First Land Cruiser, been looking LC/LXs for years finally had the opportunity to buy one. Stock but just got some 18" LC wheels to replace the Lexus 20" Have a bit of wheeling experience, took my exe's '17 4R to Moab last year and did a few not-to-tough trails.

Looking forward to getting the LX off road.
LX.jpg
LX1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom