Make an introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Jessie! Glad I could bring you to the group. Too bad I wont be at the trail run on the 16th. Would like to see that 40-vette in action.
JB

I'm Dan. I live in Fountain. Met some dude at a gas station yesterday who told me about this place. I thought I'd check it out. I have a newer 4Runner, nothing too wild. Anyways, I'm looking to get out more this summer if CO decides to improve its weather.
1045000_10203127112883587_708126960034650025_n.jpg

Welcome Dan. That was me(Cody) in my sweet Miata. Wasn't sure how clear my directions were to the CLC site/forum, glad you were able to find us. Our next trail run is May 14th and the club meeting(if you're interested) is the following Tuesday, May 17th. We also have a Meetup group(Colorado Land Cruisers) that lists club events.

Reactions: SAS
I'm Dan. I live in Fountain. Met some dude at a gas station yesterday who told me about this place. I thought I'd check it out. I have a newer 4Runner, nothing too wild. Anyways, I'm looking to get out more this summer if CO decides to improve its weather.
1045000_10203127112883587_708126960034650025_n.jpg
Love the new 4runners. Come on out and get some trail time in. :)

Moved from Farmington New Mexico to Naples FL '04, back to Pueblo West '06 back to Cape Coral FL '09.....I'm dyin' hea! Decision made to Sell waterfront condo I rent out to snowbirds, and am looking for warehouse house in Colo Springs. I'm severely burned up here in SoFlo. We are going to keep our home here in the Cape. and spend 6 months in each place. Back in the mid 80's lived 10 years in Idaho Springs, Over to Greenland rd Monument area early 90's Then to Walden Co up in North Park, Hooked it to live in Hesperus/Durango then Some College in Farmington New Mexico. It was great living on the doorsteps of the La Platas and the San Juan mountains. One thing I've always had and still do is my Green '71 FJ there. Been over a lot of passes. Now we just cruise in town and the beachs....Bummer...The Cruiser is getting sick of it. I need a high altitude fix. I gotta get back above timberline. We hope to do this in the next 6-8 months. OK My Dream Home in Colorado Springs: Need a moderate size warehouse that can have a basic apartment inside...Gotta have room for Cruiser projects..I gave up my beautiful '85 FJ 60 and my tough '76 FJ55 when we moved to Naples. If only..oh the regrets....I've always been a Cruiser man.. First new Cruiser was a '71 40 bought new when I was 20 sold 3 yrs later . Bought my Current '71 in 1980. 1 year longer than married to the wife. I'm in the middle of it's first ever rehab currently. We are moving back to Colorado. Yes we are. If you hear of the warehouse lemme know..I'm checking Zillow frequently.

Update! We bought a house in the Springs this month and is set to close (hopefully on time) June 28! While I could not find a warehouse like I wanted (pot growers taking them over??) We did find kind of a rarity, an older home (1968) with an oversize 2 car garage. Now the logistics. I just finished my rehab on the '71 and it's lookin' good and running good! Will post pics (I'm at work now.) But how to get it back to Colorado in the high and dry where it belongs. I hate to trust it to car haulers. Acquired a '93 3/4 ton GMC conversion van last year, may rent a uhaul trailer and gas it on up there. Brutal drive.

Last edited:
Hey Southern colorado Guys!

Welcome to the new section! Introduce your self and post up some pictures!

My name is Trevor, ive had my 76 FJ40 for about 3 years now.. Its been a fun project and i hope that thru this section and Colorado Land cruisers i can do some fun trips this upcoming summer with you folks! My Truck has a Small Block TBI 350 in it. Stock Tranny/T-case(for now :grinpimp:) Spring over, GM Power Steering, and Hy Steer.. Currently riding on 36" Swampers..

Plans for this winter include new Rear Centerd Axle, FJ60 Rear Springs, and a 700R4 Tranny to a Dana 300 t-case.. This should give me the Crawl ive been looking for.

I live down on the south end of Colorado Springs and go to UCCS finishing up my Degree in Business Information Systems.. Here are some pics!!

P.S. anyone know whos truck this is in the last picture.. Its almost exactly like my truck, but a little smaller and alot nicer!!
View attachment 47798View attachment 47799View attachment 47800

Anyone here live near Garden of the Gods in CO springs? We went through it last week and a few blocks away I'm pretty sure I saw two 80s at one house and figured it had to be a mud member lol. Those were the only real cruisers I saw all week. FJ cruisers were EVERYWHERE though.

Jake, I cannot imagine who that would be--I don't think it is a CLC member. It is strange, in a way, that there are so many LC's (80's and 100's especially) in Springs, yet they're not in our club nor (evidently by lack of sticker) the TLCA.

I often see 80's and 100's when driving; rarely do they even acknowledge my presence (in the FJ60). Today was an exception, an 80 came up behind me, passed, and gave me the "thumbs up". I appreciate those who recognize the lineage.

It is strange. I expected to see quite a few of them, but I was mainly doing touristy type stuff there and it was over the week of the 4th. So maybe all the diehards were in the mountains enjoying their cruiser :).
My mother and her bf live in the springs so I'll probably be out there every year at least for 1 week at a time. I'd love to plan it around some organized trail rides if possible. I definitely don't want to do any decent trails by myself.

Hey Guys,
I just moved to the springs from Idaho and I have been dying to get out wheeling around here, but havent met anyone yet. I drove by redline land cruisers on Tuesday but didnt see anyone there for the meeting, so I am hoping to meet up with you guys on the next trail run !

IMG_3013[1].JPG

IMG_3467[1].JPG

Welcome! We didn't have a club meeting this month, we celebrated our 20th year as a club with a BBQ earlier in the month. We are also meeting at Larry H Miller Toyota off I-25. Next meeting should be August 16. Hope to see you there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom