Mak92 4RnR's 92 4Runner build up thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alrighty. My only complaint is im going to have to raise all my armor up. but its not a big deal.

So here's my new plan:

Im actually backing out of the RS9000s since they aren't made for my truck. They're eyelet to eyelet. my suspension is eyelet to stud. I dont want to run the conversions. I think they're extremely sketchy.

So Im thinking of going a different route.

2" BJ spacers
OME 901s
OME F&R shocks
OME Steering Stabilizer - already own
2" 4crawler BL
extended brake lines
4Crawler 4" panhard and 4" LSPV. - already own

I'll be buying stock UCAs from an 89 4Runner ( should be the same as mine ) and im going to be rebuilding them, putting poly. bushings in them and cutting them for the BJ spacers.
Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Toyota Suspension Systems :: 79-95 Toyota Trucks :: Daystar :: Daystar Toyota Control Arm Bushings - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Be

I'm also thinking of picking up the Total Chaos Idler Arm and ditching my stock one. Im going for the 35" tire build, so I'm gonna be beefing up the suspension a little bit.
Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Toyota Suspension Systems :: 79-95 Toyota Trucks :: Total Chaos :: Total Chaos 86-95 4WD Toyota Idler Arm - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing S

OME's outed on shocks and kits nationally, for a minimum 2-3 weeks right now, and likely have existing backorders. I just had some major drama come my way when an OME N98/N72F/SD33 kit that was ordered for me was short a shock (place got them from TransAmerican, aka: 4WP) and I tried calling my local store as a retail customer direct to find one myself. Shop owner went ballistic and :ban: me for life b/c he misinterpreted/skewed it as me "..calling his vendor behind his back.".*

Call ARB direct at (425) 264-1391 so you can plan ahead.
(*In my case I got very, very lucky and a great/loyal Toyota Employee found out about that bit and got me the complete JDM-Spec of the newer matching TOKICO's to use again. (Never had issues until they died the weekend of the SwapMeet from old age. I figure 5 years of beatdowns and they survived so why not use 'em again. :D )

Yeah, Im just going to order everything through Toytec. That way I can have it all at once. Im in no hurry to get it all.

Im picking up some UCA's today after work for $30 bucks. should be pretty easy to swap out the arms.

What's this project? heh

Figuring out how to pull out the old elastomer fastest w/o issues and replace w/ some PolyPerf bits. My rig has needed a few bits of factory rubber replaced lately, I don't get rust here, but dry rot happens like no tomorrow. I'm sure the body mounts and suspension bits are not too far behind.

So I have everything for my lift ordered.

BJ spacers - $90.85
Front shocks - $68.38
Rear Shocks - $68.38
FJ80 Coils - Free
26" Brake line - $40.50
4Crawler Drop bracket & LSPV - $80.53
Total:
$348.64
- $55 Rebate
Grand Total:
$293.64

Just figured i'd post this information because an OME lift with SDORI front BJ spacers is close to 650 + shipping. With the Brake line & panhard, you're looking at close to $800 dollars. ( my total was $800.16, depending on your shipping costs )

I should have a pretty nice lift once this is all installed. :)

After all of this, a 1" or 2" body lift will be installed. Im shooting for 35s, so im gonna test fit a 35" tire once the suspension lift is on and see what needs to be trimmed, or how much i need to raise up.

Just pay really close attention to your wheel offset and you should be OK, I only got rub w/ my factory alloys and even then, only at full lock turning left with the tire catching the idler arm. You hopefully will be ok w// those steelies you got.

*Still have the FJ-C steelies? I might know someone who's interested.

Just pay really close attention to your wheel offset and you should be OK, I only got rub w/ my factory alloys and even then, only at full lock turning left with the tire catching the idler arm. You hopefully will be ok w// those steelies you got.

*Still have the FJ-C steelies? I might know someone who's interested.

Yeah I have a little place by my work where I can flex out and watch the clearances. I have my wheel wells trimmed for 33x10.50s, with a lift i should be cool on a 15x8 3.75 wheel.

Yep still got em.

Last edited:
Just a small update.

Got my rear brake line on friday from trail gear and my BJ spacers yesterday ( thanks, Arlindsay1992 )

Now im just waiting for my shocks, which should be here by either today or wednesday. ( they sent it in two different shipping orders because the shocks are different P#'s )

I'll post pictures of the goods when its all here :)

So I got my front shocks today. Just waiting on the rears which should be coming tomorrow... So here's what I have so far.

IMG_1740.jpg

Nice suspension bling Mark,I'm jealous brother.LOL

Nice suspension bling Mark,I'm jealous brother.LOL

haha thanks. im pretty excited to get it all on the 4runner. rear shocks should be here today. Im gonna knock out just the rear this weekend and im going to run to sears to snatch up an air cutter for the UCAs. :) should make cutting those things a breeze.

Then after the lift is on. ill test fit some 35s on it and see what I can do. I seriously think Ill be able to "fit" 35s but not wheel them without tubbing the fenders. I really dont want to do a 1" body lift, because i'd have to raise all my armor. but we'll see.

Everything is here! Rear shocks are donkers compared to the fronts. When the fronts are extended to their max, they're about as long as the rears collapsed. All in All. im pleased with everything so far. All the shipping has been prompt. everything was cheap. This will all be installed on saturday ( having a little wrenching party with my neighbor )

IMG_1744.jpg

Also ordered some new blinkers for my TJM bumper. Its the old school model and i was worried that they dont make this bumper anymore, let alone the blinkers. Well. They dont make the bumper anymore, but they still use the same blinkers on the new model! They also have them in clear, but require a little modding. Figured i'd just order up some ambers!

They sent a catalog, a few stickers, and the full housings ( wiring, housings, bulbs, lens', and instructions )

IMG_1743.jpg

Where did you get all the goodies?post some install pics

Cut out as little as possible when you use the ball-joint spacers and don't be surprised if at least one bolt hole in the spacers needs a little massaging. Every set I've always had 1 hole just a tad off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom