Mace...we need a hardcore Hammers report! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love your rig mace. Now one question, why did you fill up the tires with water? For extra weight? I would think that with the water in the tires, it wouldn't be able to grip as well because the sidewalls can't flex with water in there, but I don't really know.

Water's pretty flexible.....

LOL. I doubt if he filled the tires all the way up. Mace??

the tires flex just fine, water is pretty maleable ;)

My tires were filled to the top of the rims..

The added weight in the front end really helps on the vertical climbs.. You only fill the front end..

175 lbs of water per front tire...

it was the PS tank.. It spewed fluid all over the pump and pulley. It took 2500 rpm to spin it fast enough to heat up the belt enough so it would not stick..

Not the waters fault.

MOstly it was my fault for thinking that if I ordered a part from speedway motors 3 weeks in advance it would get here in time :rolleyes:

Nice write up. I really wish I could have made it.

Question on the water in tires. A lot of guys I see are running al wheels with water, do ya think with steel wheels that a rust inhibitor should be added either to the water or maybe a paint on the inside of the wheels? I've thought of adding water before, just never done it.

Nice write up. I really wish I could have made it.

Question on the water in tires. A lot of guys I see are running al wheels with water, do ya think with steel wheels that a rust inhibitor should be added either to the water or maybe a paint on the inside of the wheels? I've thought of adding water before, just never done it.

Aluminium corrodes too. Either one should be painted or protected, but if the water is in there full time then the corrosion should be slowed down compared to 'air' from the gas station which usually has a pretty high content of moisture. It takes more than just water to corrode metal.

also wouldnt the rims only corrode a certin amount as there is only so much oxygen in the tire to use in the reaction to make the rust? did that make any sense to anybody cause it sounded good in my head..:idea:

"Not a single person on the trail.. But, there happened to be the guy that I ran the trail last year sitting on the hill watching.. Nobody had been there yet.."

Wifey and I were up watching from a far distance. I've never met you but the very few cruisers there stand out. I was driving a 55 that can't really do those trails. After about 10 minutes on the trail my transfercase was having some problems staying in gear, which was pretty spooky backing down a big hill I wouldn't give up on. After that we stuck to exploring mines and a few other trails around the military range.

I saw that super duty with the whiniest turbo I've ever heard go to the entrance of outer limits, watch a few people get stuck, and then turn around. The weather was great sitting in a hot metal box with a chest cold and zero shade. The nicest part of the day was hanging out in a cool mine drinking beer. The people running at the check-in were not exactly friendly to me, so I ended up giving my raffle and meal tickets to some kid and went to go play in what is left of the Mojave River.

How far is hammers out from your house? The trailer tire reminds me of last year at TN I was meeting up with a buddy from NH, he let his wife drive while he slept and the trailers rear tire blew, she dint notice becuase it was raining and 3am. She rode on it long enough that the shell of the rim ended up spereating from the rim and actually started to wrap back around ( if you can picture that), long story short. They arrived about a day late for the cruiser meet, with a brand new trailer.

Tan 55 with a fender missing?? I saw you driving around and I almost ran over to say hi.

hammers are only a bit over 3 hrs from my house (depending on traffic)

It is not a big deal to me I make at least 3 trips out there a year..

Funny thing, on the way home from the Gambol a couple of years ago I was BEAT tired. blew a tire, there was only about 2" worth of bead left the next morning when my wife told me about it.. Gotta love discount's tire warranty ;)

How well did your rig perform compared to the high dollar Red bull rigs?

Just curious......

Rob

Tan 55 with a fender missing?? I saw you driving around and I almost ran over to say hi.

hammers are only a bit over 3 hrs from my house (depending on traffic)

It is not a big deal to me I make at least 3 trips out there a year..

Funny thing, on the way home from the Gambol a couple of years ago I was BEAT tired. blew a tire, there was only about 2" worth of bead left the next morning when my wife told me about it.. Gotta love discount's tire warranty ;)

Honestly those rigs are much better prepped them my rig..

It was more the people driving the rigs that had so many problems.. (Becca not included)

QUOTE]

Yep, but the fender is there, it is just smashed all to s***. I've kicked it into place to keep it from cutting the tire. I'll chop it off one day. I keep planning on makingthe tan 55 bigger but spend all my free money on more cruisers. I live about 30 minutes away from the hammers, so I hit most the desert events. If you see the dented pig hit me up for a homebrew, I owe anyone in a cruiser one (besides at pismo).

Not to ruin the thread, but perhaps the accident that occurred on the lake bed early saturday morning is the reason there weren't many people out and about on Saturday morning?

Here is the link to the story on PBB, fair warning, there was a fatality involved and it is a sad story :frown: I never met the guy, hell I had never heard of him, but he sounds like an awesome guy that we would have all been happy to wheel w/

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576319

That is a sad story but I had heard nothing about it untill I got back.

Very unfortunate thing. And something that is getting more and more common out at the TB jambo.. F'n sucks..

read that a few days ago on pirates, sucks

mace you got more photos im drooling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom