LX570 AHC “Basics” - Added as sticky thread for AHC Issues (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Offered this seller $80 and got the full service manual. No index, but using the PDF search function I've been able to find everything I need so far.

Does anyone have the FSM pages for replacing the accumulators and flushing the system. I was going to do it, but now the wind chill outside this week is going to be under 10 degrees and I don't have a garage, so I am going to get my trusted mechanic to do it.

FYI.
I have called several Lexus dealerships in my area. It is one hour of labor. I was quoted $330 for ahc fluid flush. Don’t forget Costco members save 15 percent at participating Lexus dealerships for service and parts.

FYI.
I have called several Lexus dealerships in my area. It is one hour of labor. I was quoted $330 for ahc fluid flush. Don’t forget Costco members save 15 percent at participating Lexus dealerships for service and parts.

I was quoted around the same but it was a pretty easy procedure. I almost paid to have it done because I was afraid of screwing it up, but glad I didnt. My LX is older and no longer under warranty though.

FWIW, I bled the AHC on my '13 LX. It took two bleed cycles from N height to clear the lines of old fluid. The whole operation took exactly 5 qts of suspension fluid and left the reservoir just above the max fill line. Each control valve bled 470ml (0.5 qts) with the exception of the rear left (last one done on each bleed) which only bled 380 ml (0.4 qt). I don't know exactly why it bled less, but did note that it's the first control valve in the line.

After service cycle time from L to H decreased from 56 seconds to 39 seconds.

Last edited:
FWIW, I bled the AHC on my '13 LX. It took two bleed cycles from N height to clear the lines of old fluid. The whole operation took exactly 5 qts of suspension fluid and left the reservoir just above the max fill line. Each control valve bled 470ml (0.5 qts) with the exception of the rear left (last one done on each bleed) which only bled 380 ml (0.4 qt). I don't know exactly why it bled less, but did note that it's the first control valve in the line.
Just did my 13 and had similar results. Both rear bled less. Had 470ml per both front and 380-400 in the rear.
I have 80k on mine, bought it at 70K. Service record shows AHC fluid replaced at 60k. Mine had problem with front end dropping few inches a minute or two after putting it in High. And guess what I found out when looked at reservoir. I Lowest setting my fluid level was showing right at the mark of minimum. Inspected all globes and accumulators and found no leak.
Fluid was dark in color, just like in posts before.
What’s interesting 60K service record says “replace AHC fluid GX460” did they drain just rear and could not locate the tank???
now I’m certainly convinced that base lining your car after purchase is a way to go.

After service cycle time from L to H decreased from 56 seconds to 39 seconds.
I couldn’t even read the level in mine. I tried a light. Anyone else have trouble seeing the fluid line through the tank?

I couldn’t even read the level in mine. I tried a light. Anyone else have trouble seeing the fluid line through the tank?

Just put a flashlight on top of the spare behind the tank. Should be easy to read when back lit.

And what did you find was the best way to get fluid in there? I lost 1/4 of my fluid on the ground 🙄
First get the filter out of the way, if it is in there the flow is really slow.
I used a 300ml syringe the first time and a manual 1 liter pump the second. The pump was way better. It’s called a marine transfer pump I believe. Have to get the narrow neck version ( like firs a standard oil bottle) there is a wide neck version that fits the Amsoil gear oil.

First get the filter out of the way, if it is in there the flow is really slow.
I used a 300ml syringe the first time and a manual 1 liter pump the second. The pump was way better. It’s called a marine transfer pump I believe. Have to get the narrow neck version ( like firs a standard oil bottle) there is a wide neck version that fits the Amsoil gear oil.
Thanks. I couldn’t seem to move the filter, I will try harder next time. It was moving but wasn’t sure it was supposed to come out.

And what did you find was the best way to get fluid in there? I lost 1/4 of my fluid on the ground 🙄

@grinchy's method may be better, but I used a funnel with about a 2' length (enough to get outside and above the wheel well) of clear tubing down to the tank. Just have to take it slow. The filter comes out, I made the mistake of thinking it was part of the filler neck the first time and pulled the hose clamps at the tank. I won't do that next time.

So I only bled the front two so far. I still have to do the back.
the up and down seems smoother even after just bleeding the front. Is that a perceived smoothness or do you think it’s real?
I couldn’t find a wrench to fit in the back ones that I was confident it would go smoothly?
how did you do the rear bleeders?
My 10mm seems too long.

My blocks for bleeding

7B4F23BB-7620-4E90-9A3B-2A252CAA162A.jpeg

So I only bled the front two so far. I still have to do the back.
the up and down seems smoother even after just bleeding the front. Is that a perceived smoothness or do you think it’s real?
I couldn’t find a wrench to fit in the back ones that I was confident it would go smoothly?
how did you do the rear bleeders?
My 10mm seems too long.

I noticed a much smoother/quicker up-down transition as well after bleed. I had trouble with the rear 10mm as well, I managed with a 10mm end wrench, but used it as a excuse to buy a set of these....

Amazon product ASIN B07FSSYXLX
For the money, the capri have been pretty nice tools.

I noticed a much smoother/quicker up-down transition as well after bleed. I had trouble with the rear 10mm as well, I managed with a 10mm end wrench, but used it as a excuse to buy a set of these....

Amazon product ASIN B07FSSYXLX
For the money, the capri have been pretty nice tools.
Oh right. I have a harbor freight set of those. I think I was just tired and covered in AHC fluid to try harder. So I’m gonna get it today. Thanks

stubby 10 mm open end here, i did have the skid/slider off for globe replacement so access was easier

Amazon item "Shoreline Marine Pump" B004UOPZ9S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom