Builds LX450: Baja surf trip build

so it's kind of an either-or thing not a both? just wondering if it has a bigger effect on say, transmission temps or something.

I definitely like the 3:1 gear change and it's in my grand plan... just had planned on 4.88's or 5.29's in the diffs...

You can only go to the equivalent of 4.56 gears if you regear the tase. If that works and you are already opening up the tcase seams easier to add in under drive gears

Well I have been working every free moment to get the cruiser ready. Had no time to update this thread. Barely got the truck together but heading down with a 4 inch lift with delta & slee parts, 35s, and a regeared tcase! Thanks so much to all the friends and vendors who helped pull this off. Especially @Shoredreamer !!!

My buddy is riding his bike with my truck as support vehicle. This is how it is riding with every inch crammed with camping, surf, and spear fishing gear

7BCCFE16-EF15-450A-B88C-C724C0E3E82A.jpeg

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Well I have been working every free moment to get the cruiser ready. Had no time to update this thread. Barely got the truck together but heading down with a 4 inch lift with delta & slee parts, 35s, and a regeared tcase! Thanks so much to all the friends and vendors who helped pull this off. Especially @Shoredreamer !!!

My buddy is riding his bike with my truck as support vehicle. This is how it is riding with every inch crammed with camping, surf, and spear fishing gear

View attachment 1910246
Awesome, have a blast!

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 1910246
With all the boards on top will you be traveling only the Pacific side?

Aww, the truck is all grown up now and running good haha. Have a blast Dan, wish I could have made it. Think Tom is gonna be hurting by the time he’s back home.

bajaphile

Boojum Hugger
SILVER Star

I prefer the Cortez route...even as a lifelong surfer ha. I'm sure you already have heard, afer hurricane Rosa, most the bridges are wiped out. All require bypasses. All part of the adventure though. Just plan on that route taking a couple hours longer than you've anticipated. Wife and I were planning on heading down for a 6 day trip next week...

Top Bottom