LX non nav conversion parts list discussion (2003-07) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ill check it out, thank you.

edit, they're talking about the big AC connector which should be sort of the same.
The conundrum is that it's the same AC amp board, and the same wiring to a tee. the on'y difference is the heater board, and it's connecting ribbon to the same all around AC amplifier.
That's why I thought that it has to be the heater ciruit board doing the LCD panel Celsius readout. But there is a point to that grounding. There are 4 VER, GRND. And the almost have to be for all the different markets. I thought that before, that there was 4 or 5 versions or LC, LX all with the same AC board.. I'm going to look tomorrow. thank you

Last edited:
AC circuit4 altered.jpg

the 2006 and 7 LXs have an airbag reminder on/off lighted yellow indicator as seen below.
I'm having difficulty making this work. Far as I know these would two models are the only ones that have this indicator. According to lexus manuals only the 06-07 have it.
I found out late that other night that this triggers an srs light/ B code. 1152 i think.
I coudn't figure a work around. When swaping back and forth between nav and non nav the system works works and the srs light goes out ight it should and the yellow indicator shows like its suppose to.

I can't get the yellow indicator to flash at all. The passenger occupant classification sensor works fine. I spent seven hours yesterday and I couldn't get it. That sensor is on'y two wires. No problem.
There is another set of two wires for PAON and off, passenger airbag on and off. This goes back to december and @olivertwist s pictures
that have these wires in an LC., and I went looking at the center airbag controller.
Anyway, those two wires exist in the C34 integration plug for those late model LC and LX, and they do need to be inserted into the big AC plug, the A45, LC or A47 LX.

HERE's the problem, If the heater integration panel does not have provisions for that light/warning (the yellow airbag on/ off) indicator, then there is no way "fix" this. I say that because I think that that PCB which is what sends the signals to the connectors on the sides, the ones that control the hazard, CDL and antenna updown doesn't know it's there or doesn't realize there's an extra indicator.
And those two little side connectors at the bottom, the ones behind the fake wood panel are little wire ribbons to the pcb and then from there to another little ribbon to the AC amp board.

So, the ac amp board is the same for LX and LC for late model years. But the heater integration panel is different between the two. The heater integration for the LX does come in two different flavors. One is discontinued. one is not. I don't see anyway to find out if the discontinued one should be the one needed for the 2006-7 lx. Unless I could find it and check a LX with it.
I hate finding this out after the fact.
The wires seem to be in the harness before they swapped integration panel part numbers and introduced them into the units. One positive thing is that there are only three wires out from the heater pcb to the side connector that lights up the airbag on off/ seatbelt reminder passenger side. I need to find out if the regular nav LXs have more that three wires out to the same connector, I know it's the same housing. I need to search pictures.
if someone knows or has their cover off can you check the connector? I'll put a picture of that here also.

My own doesn't have these wires. Prod date 10/05. @olivertwist has these in his later production LC. I bet @2001LC has them also. Sorry. I'm just trying to figure it out.

IMG_20180417_205359.jpg

IMG_20180417_103014.jpg

more things I didn't know.

The LC for 2006 -07 has the same indicator. Which also means the same thing for them.
there are also two different boards. this coincides with the change in part numbers for the heater PCB integration panel in both models. it means that if you have this, as in the picture below you need this part number, 8401460210

if there is more writing in the window that says airbag on off then you need this one in theory.
84014-60340 which is NLA supposedly. I'm waiting on proof though, and if any expert lexus parts guys could call me that would be great. lol.

IMG_20180419_074257.jpg

thank you man. I appreciate it. Are you the lexus guy? Bill said something to me. @Luke111

so it looks like a mid year production change in the 2006 Model year. You got this Jerry!! you'll figure it out or may not be able to change out the Nav system in mid 2006 to 2007 MY's....

here's the reason for the yellow PAO and off indicator for post jan 2006 - LC and LX build. These two wires come from the center airbag controller and snake through the C34 plug or/and the A45 plug in the non nav instance, which then travel through the sub assembly integration panel and outputs to both dummy lights.
Then the occupancy class sensor tells the AB controller what's up weight wise and sends back a command.
I do not know which exact system triggers an SRS code, but all things being equal it's a short list and the absence of the yellow indicator does trigger it.
Working back from the yellow light or forward from the AB controller, the only difference is the integration sub assembly.
It's also NLA from toyota for the LX. The LC version is still available for jan2006- but I cannot say if it is configured the same, or close enough to stick inside an LX. Someone would need an extra $600 to find out. I don't think there is a way to bypass or backdate an LX to make the available integration sub assembly and option for post jan 2006 production.

That means that mid production cycle they changed dash harnesses to comply with nhtsa. (it appears)
Half of the labeled 2006 LX aren't going to have the yellow indicator which would mean you're fine with the 8401460210 integration panel, in my non automotive--ly educated opinion.

The other option is to install the whole toyota assembly. Which is what I would do in the first place, it's cheaper anyway.

NHTSA Requirements: I could not find the actual dated document.

• An airbag on/off switch must work with the vehicle’s OEM airbag readiness indicator light
  • Must be key operated
  • Must have a yellow light for the off position
  • Must be visible to the driver at all times
It is critically important that you verify your build date. OR just check your dash for the additional airbag indicator. AS of right now, you can't convert your post jan2006 and up LX to non nav, the correct board isn't available.
If someone wants to buy the comparable LC board and check fit into the panel it will could potentially $600 try. I'm sorry I can't just buy one and find out right now. Maybe in December I will be able to.
there were roughly 5k lx units sold if you count half the 2006 run and the whole 2007 run.
Sorry people. OH, and some of the euro units have then also. No proof of that.
blame the us gov.

Last edited:
edited first and last post. Unless something changes I wouln't make any more edits.

Any ideas on where to source parts from? I've tried Lexuspartsnow, McGeorge, & Camelback. Thanks in advance.

you mean those three cancelled your order or told you no on the phone?

the lexus only part list for a 2004, the AC amplifier is not on this list as it can/could be a toyota part
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
got my installed on a 2004 LX470. Everything appears to be working perfectly. HVAC Auto and switching from vents, defrost, floor works. Rear Heat fan comes on. The only thing I can't test is the rear defrost. Now I just need to figure out the wiring for a radio..... um... I mean hopefully Jerry will help me figure it out, LOL..

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

Jerry we need to find a better source for the center console cover for the LX's they fit is not very good, look at the upper corners...

you mean those three cancelled your order or told you no on the phone?

the lexus only part list for a 2004, the AC amplifier is not on this list as it can/could be a toyota part
View attachment 1683174

They cancelled my orders. I placed a couple more orders over the weekend with Norwalk Toyota. I'll see if they can fill the order. If not, I will try Longo. Thanks for all your help Jerry.

I know what you're saying, the toyota part # is here for the toyota part. I fear though that it's the geometry, and the taking off and on of the parts and pushing and pulling etc that does it.
I haven't had that specific part in my hand to compare. I will ask Barry what he thinks, or maybe he will post.
Bill, post your extra part for someone to buy from you.
partsouk has said they will have ac amplifier boards back in stock soon. (two weeks from a couple days ago)

I will know about an extra sub assembly integration panel in a few weeks, that;s for the 2003- jan2006 LX.
One other thing. I've been told no by Mcgeorge on the phone before, only to be told yes by the local pensacola toyota dealer.
YMMV greatly between dealers.

japan.ru
megazip.net
partsouk.com
ssg.asia
amayama
longo lexus
lexus parts now
bob tyler toyota
McGeorge toyota

I've bought or emailed all these places and haven't had anything bad to say about any of them
your results may vary.

trim.jpg

try adding a 1/8 inch plastic spacer under the top bolt mounts. Just be aware of the whole picture when you're doing it.

It's like adding washers under seat mount bolts to get clearance.

I have order a factory OEM console cover from Parts Souq. It is the same number you show in the picture above. 55412-60310. The factory OEM part has more tabs across the top than the piece you gave me from EBAY so I have a feeling it will fit way better

I jumped in and ordered what appears are the harder parts to get and they arrived in one day. Thanks @jerryb for the hard work and @Slamd1958 for the motivation. Check your production date ......if it's after Jan 2006 your should wait until @jerryb can source the correct board

My Order to date
Amplifier Assy. Air 88650-60B80
Board Sub-Assy 84014-60210
Bracket Sub-Assy 86207-60030
Bracket Sub-Assy 86208-60030

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom