LX 470 leather seat replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I’m in LA and looking to get some work done on my driver seat or both front seats. Do you have an upholstery shop here you’d recommend?

I considered OEM replacement leather, which is probably the best option, but also very pricey. Then I looked at buying used seats and that was a 'no' because they were either way over priced and/or in crappy condition. After weeks if not months of weighing all local options I chose this place:

Sophie's Seat Design

This is a great shop that has super fast turn around (if you are not on the wait list). She recovered my leather seats with what they refereed to as "German vinyl", which reminds me a little of nice boat upholstery. Mine is color matched very well and most people don't even realize that is vinyl. Even though my rear seat is still OEM Leather. With tax and everything I paid under $600 for both front seats. All of the quotes that I got for color matched leather were 2 or 3 times this amount. I think if my LC100 was very low mileage and pristine I would probably do the real OEM leather, but with a high mileage (323k miles currently) daily driver, this was a great solution. Let me know what you end up with.

Both trucks are leather in 100 series.
Oh NO I got a Chinese copy...

Mine are Pleather 100% sure..

It may be actual "leather", but Toyota sources some of the crappiest leather I have seen. Nothing like my experience with Volvo and BMW leather, which feels like actual leather.

I considered OEM replacement leather, which is probably the best option, but also very pricey. Then I looked at buying used seats and that was a 'no' because they were either way over priced and/or in crappy condition. After weeks if not months of weighing all local options I chose this place:

Sophie's Seat Design

This is a great shop that has super fast turn around (if you are not on the wait list). She recovered my leather seats with what they refereed to as "German vinyl", which reminds me a little of nice boat upholstery. Mine is color matched very well and most people don't even realize that is vinyl. Even though my rear seat is still OEM Leather. With tax and everything I paid under $600 for both front seats. All of the quotes that I got for color matched leather were 2 or 3 times this amount. I think if my LC100 was very low mileage and pristine I would probably do the real OEM leather, but with a high mileage (323k miles currently) daily driver, this was a great solution. Let me know what you end up with.

We went a similar route after living with a hole in the driver seat under the right knee area.
Local upholstery shop had leather, but recommended a nice vinyl as it had much higher abrasion resistance numbers.
~$600 for the 2 front seats + recovering the center console pad which would never feel clean.

That plus new steering wheel makes the interior feel much more enjoyable!

We went a similar route after living with a hole in the driver seat under the right knee area.
Local upholstery shop had leather, but recommended a nice vinyl as it had much higher abrasion resistance numbers.
~$600 for the 2 front seats + recovering the center console pad which would never feel clean.

That plus new steering wheel makes the interior feel much more enjoyable!
Thanks Pablo and 04gto.

$600 is very fair and can’t wait to get this done.

My mechanic has a tan piece of leather that is probably big enough for both seats, he wants to take a trip down to Tijuana with the seats, hangout and get them done down there which sounds like a fun adventure but not a good for to attempt mid pandemic.

I may take the leather off his hands if the price is right and have the upholstery shop work with that. Will have to have a closer look at the leather. Vinyl sounds like a really solid option too. I’ll update as this plays out. Maybe be a couple of weeks.

A new steering wheel sounds awesome. I have an ‘01 LX with wood that has a lot of cracking on the finish and worn leather. Pablo, where’d you get your new steering wheel?

I bought @Ridies leather and it is a slight shade lighter than the rear. Very happy. Real leather all the way around. Comes with armrests and center console too. $500 shipped.

20200620_195149.jpg

Thanks Pablo and 04gto.

$600 is very fair and can’t wait to get this done.

My mechanic has a tan piece of leather that is probably big enough for both seats, he wants to take a trip down to Tijuana with the seats, hangout and get them done down there which sounds like a fun adventure but not a good for to attempt mid pandemic.

I may take the leather off his hands if the price is right and have the upholstery shop work with that. Will have to have a closer look at the leather. Vinyl sounds like a really solid option too. I’ll update as this plays out. Maybe be a couple of weeks.

A new steering wheel sounds awesome. I have an ‘01 LX with wood that has a lot of cracking on the finish and worn leather. Pablo, where’d you get your new steering wheel?

Here is the steering wheel I went with: Wood Grain Brown Leather Grip Steering Wheel For Lexus LX470 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

I spoke with a member of the team @Ridies today and it sounds like the will announce a group buy later this week or next week.

If you need new seats keep an eye out for that!

From what I gather, these are 100% leather where as lseats is vinyl on the sides and back.

Lseats seems to have spotty customer service based on past forum posts. I can say @Ridies has very responsive service so far.

I’d be happy to save some money and not concerned about the vinyl back/sides at all but also don’t want to get involved in a poor customer service experience.

Anyone want to chime in about lseats?

I bought @Ridies leather and it is a slight shade lighter than the rear. Very happy. Real leather all the way around. Comes with armrests and center console too. $500 shipped.

View attachment 2386504

Those DO look good and I need to do both of my front seats soon. Guess this is the way I will go too.

Did you specify the 'wrinkled leather' or did they just come that way?

Also would like info on who installed it in LA and how to get the wrinkled leather. I wont replace the leather unless i can get it wrinkled like that.

Any updates available for group buy? Also looking for the wrinkled leather for fronts.
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom