LX 470 grille and headlight housings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have worked out some solutions to the weight issue of the grille on the LX 98-02. Our hood struts are rated 85lbs, and I have located 100lbs and 110 lbs replacements. This should give plenty of extra power to hold the hood up. My grille is not too much heavier than the factory plastic one, but 8-10 lbs extra is a lot for the original supports.

I have designed a headlight housing to hold a 7” round and a 3-3.5” fog light. It was not an easy task to fit all this in the area, and make it look correct. I built a prototype that took quite a while of fitting, but it looked pretty good. The first set of parts are being laser cut now. I’m sure there will be a few adjustments but should be close. Once this first housing is built, I will have pictures to post here, hopefully soon.

I have the grille designed for the 03-07 but have not cut it yet, and still need a test fit vehicle.

6BD3489D-9982-46EF-B35A-2E3BC1A25E5A.jpeg
CA0B67F9-A5E2-4382-9292-4C720ECBDC64.jpeg

That looks so good!

so rad.

Can’t wait to get mine on at HIH!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Very clean design... will the fog lights basically sit where the factory high beams are? You could offer the Profile Hi-Lens as another option to the fog light

Very clean design... will the fog lights basically sit where the factory high beams are? You could offer the Profile Hi-Lens as another option to the fog light

Thanks for the idea, I will check that out. I have not put any thought into what lights will fit, just size. You would know best on the light options, so thanks!

Let me tell you, it was not easy making headlight housings for these LX 470's!! The fog light area is located on the inner side, so yes I suppose that is the high beam. The housing mimics the factory design, kinda. I stretched out the fog area so there is about 3.75", so a 3.5" light should fit well.

Need to build the last prototype version and paint it for photos. I finally have all the parts laser cut, but no time to deal with that right now.

Thanks for the idea, I will check that out. I have not put any thought into what lights will fit, just size. You would know best on the light options, so thanks!

Let me tell you, it was not easy making headlight housings for these LX 470's!! The fog light area is located on the inner side, so yes I suppose that is the high beam. The housing mimics the factory design, kinda. I stretched out the fog area so there is about 3.75", so a 3.5" light should fit well.

Need to build the last prototype version and paint it for photos. I finally have all the parts laser cut, but no time to deal with that right now.
Now that I think about it the Hi Lens will not work.... It's not a sealed projector ....it has to be retrofitted into a sealed head light. My issue with most of the 3'-4' fog lights they just don't produce enough light

is it possible to cut the section in yellow and have a one piece headlight bucket like the LC100?

View attachment 2032489
This is a rough prototype to show as an example. This one is not exactly how the final will look, and no, the top is not interfering with the headlight. The entire headlight and trim will be replaced by this housing. I do think the only way it will look correct is to color match the face. The odd shape of the hood stands out when the housing is next to it. Color matching would fix that. The inner area can use whatever light anyone wants if it fits. I can have the openings custom cut to the lights.

50B87982-66D2-4DB5-AC35-DDECF00324C6.jpeg

@Luke111 I know it's a filler piece but wasn't sure about the headlight housing being 1-piece since i'm still stuck at work. His title said headlight housing so I was figuring it would show up sometime soon.

@kelly saad that is what I was hoping you're doing.
The only thing I dislike about my LX is the headlights.
I want the look of a 1-piece light - just remove the center vertical and have it like the LC100.

But I do like your design too. Can't wait to see a pic on the truck

@Luke111 I know it's a filler piece but wasn't sure about the headlight housing being 1-piece since i'm still stuck at work. His title said headlight housing so I was figuring it would show up sometime soon.

@kelly saad that is what I was hoping you're doing.
The only thing I dislike about my LX is the headlights.
I want the look of a 1-piece light - just remove the center vertical and have it like the LC100.

But I do like your design too. Can't wait to see a pic on the truck
Glad you think its going in the right direction. The center can't be removed because of the different levels where it bolts on. You could get a Land Cruiser hood, and buy my LC grille and headlights though. I could make that work.

This is a rough prototype to show as an example. This one is not exactly how the final will look, and no, the top is not interfering with the headlight. The entire headlight and trim will be replaced by this housing. I do think the only way it will look correct is to color match the face. The odd shape of the hood stands out when the housing is next to it. Color matching would fix that. The inner area can use whatever light anyone wants if it fits. I can have the openings custom cut to the lights.

View attachment 2032496

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! This looks awesome!

Reactions: BEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom