Lug nuts??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up a set of 4 Toyota factory aluminum wheels with center caps for $50 but they didn't come with lugnuts... Les Schwab wanted over $100 for 24 new lug nuts. I probably should try the classifieds forum, but thought I might have better results here. Does anyone have any they're willing to sell?
Screenshot_20191210-092147.png

I picked up a set of 4 Toyota factory aluminum wheels with center caps for $50 but they didn't come with lugnuts... Les Schwab wanted over $100 for 24 new lug nuts. I probably should try the classifieds forum, but thought I might have better results here. Does anyone have any they're willing to sell?View attachment 2153486
I think I have a bag of a bunch of Toyota lug nuts lying around...I'll check at home and let you know!

Can't you get lug nuts at a parts store for a lot less? Big O tires sold them in the waiting room on hooks for more like $1/each in a multipack.

Pick your favorite auto-box store and get them there.

I live out in the sticks, we do have a NAPA here locally I guess I could try them, I just figured they would be over priced there as well lol. Yeah I about crapped when they quoted me the price over the phone, I remember paying $1 a piece for them, Les Schwab is way over priced now days.

I think I have a bag of a bunch of Toyota lug nuts lying around...I'll check at home and let you know!
That would be cool, thanks...I was hoping someone had the factory ones with the black plastic caps on the ends...I used to have some from off my 4runner but can't find them at the moment.

Thanks for all the replies fellas, but I found my nuts, I knew I had some somewhere, lol! That will save me a little coin.

I have been running some 235/85/16 Yokohama Geolander MT's that I bought for my FJ40 project and mounted them temporarily on my pickup until I could afford some new tires for it. I really liked the Yokahoma's so far, but the 235's are a bit tall for the stock gearing and this is my dd. I liked the Yoko's so much I order some 31x10.50/15's last week from Simple Tire.com, I received two of them yesterday, hopefully I'll get the other two today and then I'll get them mounted up on those factory alloy rims! Here's a pic of the 235/85/16's on steel rims...I like the tall skinny look, but I think the alloys and 31's will look good too.
IMG_20190818_160649946_HDR.jpg

Thanks for all the replies fellas, but I found my nuts, I knew I had some somewhere, lol! That will save me a little coin.

I have been running some 235/85/16 Yokohama Geolander MT's that I bought for my FJ40 project and mounted them temporarily on my pickup until I could afford some new tires for it. I really liked the Yokahoma's so far, but the 235's are a bit tall for the stock gearing and this is my dd. I liked the Yoko's so much I order some 31x10.50/15's last week from Simple Tire.com, I received two of them yesterday, hopefully I'll get the other two today and then I'll get them mounted up on those factory alloy rims! Here's a pic of the 235/85/16's on steel rims...I like the tall skinny look, but I think the alloys and 31's will look good too.View attachment 2153602

Where did you get those steel rims? Really digging the look!

Where did you get those steel rims? Really digging the look!
Thanks, I got them from Summit Racing I kinda wanted that stock steelie look for my FJ40, but I really like them on the pickup too, lol. These are 16x7 but they have alot of sizes and backspacing to choose from, oh and they come already powder coated grey I thought they looked good as is and didn't paint over them.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem clear to me that the distinction was made, so I'll make it just in case. The OEM alloy wheels in the first post use a semi-unique lug nut. Similar to, but not quite the same as old school 'shank' type mag wheel lug nuts. They do not use the same lug nut as the steel wheels do.
iu

It doesn't seem clear to me that the distinction was made, so I'll make it just in case. The OEM alloy wheels in the first post use a semi-unique lug nut. Similar to, but not quite the same as old school 'shank' type mag wheel lug nuts. They do not use the same lug nut as the steel wheels do.
iu
Thanks for clarifying that ntsqd, I should have made that distinction in my original post.

A little update, I received my 31x10.50/15's and got them mounted up on the factory alloy rims. Then we got a couple snow showers. My dad couldn't make it up the driveway with his worn studded snow tires, so my new tire/wheel combo found their way onto his 94' pickup. I think I'll just keep the steelies and 235/85/16's I have on my truck and eventually get something else for my FJ40 project...I keep changing my mind on which way I want to go with it anyway stock vs Restomod, lol. Here's a pic of my dad's 94' with the new tire/wheel combo.
IMG_20191216_111233995.jpg

IMG_20191216_111249733.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom