Lower Oil Pan Gasket Fix - 2 Methods (1 Viewer)

Hey,

I have a 2000 LX470 that needs its lower oil pan gasket seal replaced.

I called Lexus and they use a solution to clean the two parts, apply a solution sealant and bolt them back together. He also recommended I change the oil plug while I’m at it. Lastly he said let the solution cure for 24+ hours before completing the oil change and driving it.

The other option I see online is an actual physical gasket seal.

I am wondering if folks have done this and what method they used along with any tips they may have?

My initial thought is to go with the solution sealant as it was how the truck was designed and manufactured originally.

Thank you in advance.

Lexus or Toyota do not offer an actual oil pan gasket....you would use black fipg(form in place gasket). Part number on that is 00295-00103 and should be available from any dealer. You would apply to the cleaned pan area and install pan within 15 minutes of applying fipg.

Lexus or Toyota do not offer an actual oil pan gasket....you would use black fipg(form in place gasket). Part number on that is 00295-00103 and should be available from any dealer. You would apply to the cleaned pan area and install pan within 15 minutes of applying fipg.
Thank you. I will plan to clean the area, apply the 103 sealant and bolt the upper/lower back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom