Lou's [it only needs a clutch] 1976 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dropped the transmission and transfer case off with JTU. He’s going to pack the 4speed/case I took out of the Delta Beast with Lou’s H55/split and send it to @orangefj45 this week to get in line with the master of the drivetrain.

02E5B21E-E531-4734-A3C2-27EDE8B1C50C.jpeg

19E42A67-B6E0-4B45-B00C-0FC0B34F250F.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing it here at the shop!

Thanks bud!!!!!

Georg

Guaranteed!!!!!

LOL

while you're inspecting the 2B baby bucket's rock selection, will you please look at that 4wd shifter and see WTH the P/O did? its got the wrong handle.....or something.....more like a hack job.

thanks....

cleaned up the gob in preparation for the coming parts pile, and subsequently made another pile....

I have some items for sale, full heater, tubing, blower, all 3 knobs (in working order - all of it). I did a resto on the heater box when I originally red this 40, and its all still in good shape. the heater/vent lever is missing one of the plastic bushings to make it function accurately, but it was switching for me the way it is set.....the hoses are god, core is good and clean, etc...

fj40 stock (driver side) tire carrier and latch.

chevy 350 performer intake and eldebrock 1406 4BBL carb (less than 1 year old)

id like to sell the whole heater blower set up as a set. $500

Intake $100
Carb/Air Cleaner $150

rear mounted fuel tank with straps, bulkhead, and calibrated centroid sending unit. ~21 gallons. Poly. can be used as a stand alone or auxiliary tank. $200
pXgpywHiRtmh5jkK6RubWQ.jpg
LsnwO3TZToiUAatS7P7UBg.jpg
Fnvkh8HySOKUJu8CYuPvIA.jpg
ET7PTSkzQbOFMOwy8QuIzQ.jpg

Sniper install that snowballed like only Lou can snowball a project.

I haven't seen this thread in a while. What's the new overall engine prescription? Fuel Injection?

Is the pintle hitch for sale?

full harness shakedown v2.1

cleaned and inspected. fixed the wires that were cut and bypassed and reconnected them. so, for now, no more random runs. I was able to tape-in a couple that were loose, like the 12v+ to distributor and the oil pressure sensor. I was able to loom them in on the main harness (using the OE wires) and route them out where the wiper wash motor connector comes through the firewall. that way there is only a short run for them..

I am afraid of all the wires I will have to add in for the air, fans, efi, and new cluster.

nytZNrXnSrOImiA2o%wc%A.jpg

gXdYS5u3R5qsFKD%Opkw8g.jpg

and a pic of the new Dakota Digital cluster

58200315316__7E31984C-0F57-4A1F-A071-34419E3619BF.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom