Lou's [it only needs a clutch] 1976 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

under_psi

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.lousfullserv.com
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
so. I bought a pre sports car project.

It was on the table for me about 2 years ago when my electrician owned it and I didn't have the funds. Unbeknownst to me, a friend ended up with it and I bought it from him.

Chevy V8/trans - hack job - hot mess

Not sure but I think it has a lift.

Wiring looks horrendous and has 2 sets of cables coming from under the passenger seat along with a rotary dial battery selector.

There is some rust, but it's not as bad as some I've seen.

It's been painted here and there in spots.

I've pressure washed it inside and out and as best I could under it.....my pinched nerve in my neck still makes ground dwelling difficult.

I also peeled out some unconnected wires and stripped off the old purple tint today.

The truck runs, but needs a throw out bearing. I bought a clutch kit and a new flywheel. That will be the first thing to get put in. -any takers to help??

Here are a few pix.....

Congrats!...would love to help....but my plate is running over!

Lou, I've got a set of jump seats buried somewhere I'll sell ya.

Sweet! Welcome to the 40 crew!

on another note....i ordered some things today....just misc stuff....new grille and emblem, door seal kits for all of the doors, battery tray etc.....

tried to order the OEM gray steel wheels but they're slow to come in and there are about 5 orders ahead of me......so i shall wait....

on another note....i ordered some things today....just misc stuff....new grille and emblem, door seal kits for all of the doors, battery tray etc.....

tried to order the OEM gray steel wheels but they're slow to come in and there are about 5 orders ahead of me......so i shall wait....

??

16" steel wheels or the 15" black steel wheels from Toyota?

I have both sets in stock.

??

16" steel wheels or the 15" black steel wheels from Toyota?

I have both sets in stock.

the OEM gray ones with the center caps......i was looking for something on 4wheel parts to price too, and strangely, it listed the lug pattern as a 5 on 4.5".....that aint right....

send me a link to what you have....it currently sits on some wide ass white wagon steelies

There are only gray 16" 7x series wheels like on my 70 or the 15" black wheels (that accept hubcaps) for the 40 series. Both of these would be direct-fit on a 40 series with front disc brakes. Will not work with front drum. But that shouldn't be an issue with a 76.

That's it. No other wheels available from Toyota in the US market.

The 15's are basically primered black. Some people run them this way, others PC them to whatever color you want. The 16" gray wheels are painted and thus would need to be sandblasted before repaint to whatever color you wanted.

I don't have any links. :lol: I'm brick and mortar kind of guy.

But here are pics of the two:

16"

photo_zpsfee53b9c.jpg

15"

s-l1600.jpg

There are only gray 16" 7x series wheels like on my 70 or the 15" black wheels (that accept hubcaps) for the 40 series. Both of these would be direct-fit on a 40 series with front disc brakes. Will not work with front drum. But that shouldn't be an issue with a 76.

That's it. No other wheels available from Toyota in the US market.

The 15's are basically primered black. Some people run them this way, others PC them to whatever color you want. The 16" gray wheels are painted and thus would need to be sandblasted before repaint to whatever color you wanted.

I don't have any links. :lol: I'm brick and mortar kind of guy.

But here are pics of the two:

16"

View attachment 1267800

15"

View attachment 1267801

Pm me price on each please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom