SOLD Los Angeles - 1998 Lexus LX470 - 225K Miles - 2 Owner - Records since new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(8, 65, 6)
Vehicle: 1998 Lexus LX470
Color: 6R1 Woodland Green
Mileage: 225,000 miles - rising slightly as it's my daily driver
Price: $7600

Hi Guys,

I'm selling my 1998 Lexus LX470 after about 2 years and 20K miles of use due to life changes.
I bought it from the original owner in 2018 at 204K miles. The vehicle was serviced at Lexus its whole life so it comes with maintenance history from new. This can be provided to interested parties.
All VIN tags are present and there is no rust. There are minor scratches and scuffs, as to be expected of a 22 y/o truck with 225k miles.
It hasn't needed much at all in the 20K+ miles I've owned it. I use it as my daily driver and have taken it on numerous road trips to AZ as well as a recent trip to Lake Tahoe/San Francisco.
The AHC works well, as does 4Low and center diff lock.
AC, rear AC, heat, and heated seats all function properly, but the climate control knob is somewhat loose. The temperature can still be adjusted and Auto climate control functions properly.
Third row seats and side steps are included (not installed)
All windows work, though they can be a little slow sometimes. The mirrors adjust and fold in properly.
It currently sits on 33" BFG K02's on 18" OEM wheels. A matching spare is included, as are the stock wheels if you are able to pick them up in Phoenix AZ.
No check engine light or fault codes present.
It averages about 15 mpg when cruising at 75+ to AZ and back on 33"s.

Recent maintenance:
Timing belt/WP service done at 204k miles
Heater T's replaced at the same time
New spark plugs at 224k miles
New ignition coil in Cyl 4 at 224k miles - replaced due to failed ignition coil causing misfire
AHC flush - 220k miles - Works great after flushing

Issues:
The sunroof is inop
The auto door locks don't function when it's hot outside (common issue)
Front seats are worn but seat bases are covered
The truck could use a polishing. It never bothered me too much as it cleans up well.
I was rear ended on the 405 (no surprises there), however, the damage was very light (see pics). There are scratches present on the rear bumper and the spare tire carrier was damaged. The spare tire currently sits in the rear with the 3rd row seats folded up.
Driver's side UCA bushing has seeped - Front UCA's should be replaced
Dash has sun damage

Overall it's a great candidate for a daily driver or to be built into something more. I bought it with the intention of using it for multiple camping trips but it never really materialized. I was able to enjoy it on a few off-road trails but never pushed it too much as it's my daily. It's served me well for the last two years but it's now time for me to move on to something else.

Untitled by sandhu825, on Flickr
Payson, AZ
Joshua Tree, CA
Sedona, AZ
Cleghorn, CA
Rear bumper damage
Front bumper scuffs

it's just ****ing unfair that these LCs just remain new looking underneath in Cali and south. Or I should say, it's sad what happens to them in north east and mid west..

good truck, good luck.

Hi cruiseraz,
I’ve been in AZ for the last month due to the quarantine but the truck is still located in CA. I’ll be back in June and can bring the truck if it’s still available.

Up! Price updated to 6900. Let me know if anyone would like videos or detailed pictures of a particular part or area.

I'm interested, sent a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom