For Sale Los Angeles 1964 fj45 cab 0 rust ,testing the waters to see if its worth selling or keeping it $10k obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
20200607_135048.jpg
20200607_135034.jpg
20200607_135017.jpg

20200607_134850.jpg

20200607_134908.jpg

Last 45 cab that sold on here went for about $3000 after being marked down multiple times and being listed for a long time.

not saying you won’t find a buyer but you might be better checking with the truck builders like Icon etc.

Last 45 cab that sold on here went for about $3000 after being marked down multiple times and being listed for a long time.

not saying you won’t find a buyer but you might be better checking with the truck builders like Icon etc.
my cab has 0 rust windows doors 64 are not to common with the back split windows that slide

Screenshot_20200608-211125_Chrome.jpg

It’s a niche market. A small niche at that. All I’m saying is that the percentage of people building show winning trucks is pretty slim and you would probably have more luck talking to the LC businesses who build up trucks for specific customers or for big pocket clientele.

your parts are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. You might get your asking price but it might take a while to find that buyer who needs what you have. im pointing out that the last 45 cab that sold was listed for quite a while. It wasn’t as clean as yours and it was just the cab. But it was still listed for quite a while and eventually sold with a price drop.

saw a 64 cab looking very much like yours for sale on Gumtree down in Australia. It was pre Rona and price was around $800 AUD iirc. Shipping of course is $$$

On the plus side the people that have the need for what you are selling are rarely effected by down turns in the economy etc.

Last edited:
my cab has 0 rust windows doors 64 are not to common with the back split windows that slide

Did the cabin including roof came together like that from 1 truck, or has there been pieced some parts ?

What has been done to the metal ? Was that the color of the truck oR has it already been sandblasted and the epoxy has been on there to long or has there been just epoxied over It ?

Would you crate it for shipping ?

Wow! looks like a nice clean cab but , 10k? if it was complete less engine trans title maybe . GLWS

Did the cabin including roof came together like that from 1 truck, or has there been pieced some parts ? (Yes roof came together with cab an front end )

What has been done to the metal ? Was that the color of the truck oR has it already been sandblasted and the epoxy has been on there to long or has there been just epoxied over It ? (Soda blasted no apoxy the grey is the sheer metal color )

Would you crate it for shipping ? Never done shipping but that's a later discussion
Yes to 1st question

Did I miss something? What is included for the $10,000.00 price? I hope more than just a cab!

Fixed windshield with no hinges would make it an early 63. The biggest issue with these fixed roof 45’s is you have to be 5’7” to fit in it.

also the rear window rubber, and the roof is specific to the fixed top model and if going with a bed takes a different bed than the removable top

does it have the oddball inner door handle and striker?

I’d head over to the 45 forum and see what the brain trust over there has to say. Like others have said, this is one of the rarest of the 40 series to begin with, so not a lot of market out there, but that also means there are a lot of guys out there looking for parts to replace what is rusted out on theirs. Maybe someone over there is in need. Here’s mine, they sure are nice when they are all put together! And don’t let anyone tell you they only fit short people. I’m 6’1” and fit fine.

C8A4271A-363F-425E-A078-24ACE4462570.jpeg

I’d head over to the 45 forum and see what the brain trust over there has to say. Like others have said, this is one of the rarest of the 40 series to begin with, so not a lot of market out there, but that also means there are a lot of guys out there looking for parts to replace what is rusted out on theirs. Maybe someone over there is in need. Here’s mine, they sure are nice when they are all put together! And don’t let anyone tell you they only fit short people. I’m 6’1” and fit fine.

View attachment 2334733
Cherry

i had one (cab swb fixed top) for sale years ago. ended up sitting on it FOREVER, listed on ebay twice, buyer backed out scam, i had to eat the fees, second one tried to arrange shipping without paying also scam. It eventually went away, the freight broker that was trying to pick it up had to get the guy to pay me for it to get his load.. At that point in time i really didn't care.
Been there, done that, you will have that sitting there for a while. I wish i had thought of the BBQ grill idea!

i had one (cab swb fixed top) for sale years ago. ended up sitting on it FOREVER, listed on ebay twice, buyer backed out scam, i had to eat the fees, second one tried to arrange shipping without paying also scam. It eventually went away, the freight broker that was trying to pick it up had to get the guy to pay me for it to get his load.. At that point in time i really didn't care.
Been there, done that, you will have that sitting there for a while. I wish i had thought of the BBQ grill idea!

:princess: didn't like the idea

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom