Looking for Good 100/470 lukes 4x4 rear bumper install write up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everything ive found seems to reference the 80 series install. Does anyone know if there is a good write up for the 100 series or lx 470? I know they're supposed to be the same as the 80, but i would still like to see a good one for the 100.

Im preparing to install Lukes rear bumper on my 99 and plan on taking lots of pictures. So if anyone has any tips, tricks, or pic requests let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Stay Dirty!

I don't have a write up but please NOTE THE FOLLOWING: you do NOT cut the frame rails back on the 100/470 series as you would an 80, leave it as is when you remove the plastic bumper and supports. Outside of that you can pretty much follow the 80 series write up.

Also, if you are putting on a 470 the body cladding will pretty much prevent you from adding the side tubes that curve up over the flat stock from each bumper corner toward the front. As the cladding seem to fill in that space its seem fine, nothing really structural about that piece.

Lc-PhPZEqbidHCJrVLxI2xxc6ZqAnKHHglVqqHn34eydGxK4Setff9HP7cojY-upKj96E2NiEKANrdSzrszVSoeJcbVxtXgb1X65fr1CjYhcOprQZ43r6mo9yprxdvZ8fhBBf9ebHsdTIN3j9uyW_iL5HtNGE_yFr_UrsJxRL8uKt0pnT8LShMXYK40sMJAfXiwYGWWWMKSVCbi0TY_jwQAUvKWKAX8CQ4ds1aT6Qhcx6QuhrgLC4hKYa_eoi3zd9TZKVN8CIt80CdyTH8XBbos8J9qixRiBgQoH6NvFHIjs3pjwCXP4BQ6Hkt1WYDjULoRsqOMkxXEJI-uezwL_hcmK-_4U-0Hw_ULqxtDB5x6abf_m7jCZztheSC8W1vExpWYKfTVUgLhx27E9k05LbeIEy-37gqZmiX01VSrF2buIOkqGpN2MkRJkLot20EOV4AFNYU-JO2RXMWResmq27hEFKQIvLTGgQ3OlG9LYbkAiNOyJVeGajVSGRD7gDSaoguXbpqOpFWWKXqbRdEQHbExtvrgFGd-ukZHx0Nfk9ac61y4iNLhrOFpGs_Kw_6bKj1tAbUfvZd20tJh9ZyfjKRBkdsIaBf404S5IFtz6=w1096-h616-no

Last edited:
Holy Crap Man! Thank you, that was going to be the first thing i was going to do. And thank for the advice for the LX But i do have an LC.
is your rig a diesel?!

D1EZEL is just a name I started using when I has a Dodge diesel way back when.

One other piece of advice, the inner frame plates that have the three small bolts, mount where the spare tire is. These should only be tack welded until you are confident of fit. This mean you will need to add and remove the bumper a few times, if you weld it on before fitting it may not allow the bumper to fit.

Dont be afraid to grind and hammer the bumper a bit, they are not perfect but pretty close, just need to tighten up the seams before welding.

O
Dont be afraid to grind and hammer the bumper a bit, they are not perfect but pretty close, just need to tighten up the seams before welding.

The old "Beat to fit, paint to match" treatment. A grinder and paint, make me the welder I ain't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom