Lone Star Cruiser Round Up 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, you're my support truck. LOL! Let's hope my fueling issues are fixed. :)

I drove the back way, James River Road, a month ago and it was nice. I did it from Mason and ended up near Fredericksburg. It was 35 miles of dirt plus the river crossings.

Yeah, it's a nice scenic drive.

There is a historical trend with wives and Round Up. They only come once and are never to be seen again at the next event! Hey, at least we try and now they understand it's mostly a dudes thing.

Oh, and I'm in, but unsure on departure day. Need to address the trailer lights on the Scamp before March sneaks up on me!

Question: is sleeping done in a tent/ trailer/ cabin? Are bathrooms port-a-potty, outhouse cabins, or hole in the ground? How primitive are the sites, and what do I need to bring?
@aljollano suggested I bring my 40 and not the 200. But I can put a RTT and awning on my 200 more easily amigo ;)

Tents or trailers. Portashitters with one bathroom on the far side which is suppose to be for the handful of cabins. Wife last year used them and we washed our dishes near there with a water hose.
If you don't pick your camping location nicely you will be sleeping to the peaceful sound of the cheap loud generators that people run all night.

Bring the 40. We're going to have a nice contingent of 4x series cruisers coming from Austin.

Question: is sleeping done in a tent/ trailer/ cabin? Are bathrooms port-a-potty, outhouse cabins, or hole in the ground? How primitive are the sites, and what do I need to bring?
@aljollano suggested I bring my 40 and not the 200. But I can put a RTT and awning on my 200 more easily amigo ;)

They ranch owners don't allow 200 series out there. :cool:
This is A good place to wheel your 40 on the easy trails. Your 40 could use the exercise.

A.J

They ranch owners don't allow 200 series out there. :cool:
This is A good place to wheel your 40 on the easy trails. Your 40 could use the exercise.

A.J

Remember: I have those extra coil springs on the front of my 40- haha :steer:

I do have some hesitations about breaking my 40 or are the trails pretty easy?

Remember: I have those extra coil springs on the front of my 40- haha :steer:

I do have some hesitations about breaking my 40 or are the trails pretty easy?
I was like you last year. First timer with a 40. The trails are greens and blacks with not much in between. The loop road is easy and gives good access to pull over and watch the rock buggies. It felt more of a party than anything else and I was fine with that.

After I rode along with A.J. and Tucker last year I’m ready to bring Barney on some easier trails this year. Just gotta get those front springs on!

Galen, I'm sure we can knock it out one morning. Just set it up and I'm sure we can round up enough help.

I’m ready to bring Barney on some easier trails this year. Just gotta get those front springs on!

The pit crew is locked and loaded. We'll get 'er done this weekend.

@marketShark The challenge with a RTT on your rig is: if you want to go out on the trail, you have to break it down/set it up every day...unless you plan on riding with someone else. I’m probably the most stock 40 out there and I have a blast. Knock on wood, but I haven’t broke or damaged my rig. Here’s a pic of me and @Mr Cimarron cruising up a green run

AA90E987-26BF-45AB-9429-5F9DAF9A4B82.jpeg

Here’s another green run

03BBC6AE-F682-4B8F-82BB-CC9B3991E45A.jpeg

I think so but still waiting on the wife for final say. Bringing 40 if I do.

Cim,

Did you decide on going? My boys and I will likely be there thursday & friday only...

Cim,

Did you decide on going? My boys and I will likely be there thursday & friday only...
Still waiting to find out what the wife wants to do for her birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom