LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hard start could be glow plugs/ relay... I would replace all as a matter of course, as well as change all fluids and fuel and air filters. Also, buy a jug of cetane boost since these older engines don't like the modern ULSD.

Have you wondered into the diesel section here on 'mud yet? They probably have a good FAQ sticky at the top of the forum that could help with the basics.
Where did you find this rig?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can install a small OME lift in Maryland? Iron Pig is just too far. We live in Howard County, so anywhere in central Maryland to Annapolis would be fine. In a past life I would have just done this in my own garage but those days are sadly gone. Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Good luck. I have been looking for a mech or someone in the Annapolis area to help me rebuild my front axle. Probably will be a driveway job

Good luck. I have been looking for a mech or someone in the Annapolis area to help me rebuild my front axle. Probably will be a driveway job

Maddss:

Yeah complete lack of people in the area for sure. I have gone back to doing most myself. When my wife was looking for a new car in the winter, I met a guy that worked at a dealership in Annapolis. British guy who was a former Land Rover Master Tech. Big into wheeling, etc. We got to talking about the FJ40 and he gave me his card. Says he was very familiar with them and would be happy to do any jobs that I had. I didn't call him but I have his card in front of me right now. Nice guy and seemed to know his stuff. PM me if you want his info.

Kip-

From the meeting, there is onlinetoyotaparts.com out of Richmond, which I've so far found the best prices (~30%) on parts. Then Dan (~20%) from Ourisman Toyota. He's local and will take parts back. However he won't take the opened, seemingly tried, electric parts, which seems fair.

Dan is at 703-359-2990.

Beno, of course was also mentioned and there is Dave Stedman. This is certainly older news, however both are great, in particular for parts that aren't available for domestic (vs. Japan) vehicles.

Dave: stedman@japan4x4.com
Beno: OAzeri@nalleycars.com

Oh, remember to tell Dan that you're part of the club. Eventually it will give us a bigger discount.

I just ordered parts from Dan at Ourisman Toyota Fairfax. He's not a cruiser guy so be ready to give him part numbers but he did give me a good discount from list.

Looks like 20%. I met him today and solidified the relationship. Here's his info and direct contact line.

Dan Hammond
703-359-1010 ext. 3641

Just note when you go to pick up parts it's separate from the dealer show room. The service and parts building is two blocks closer to 123 on the South side of route 50.

He doesn't have a personalized email listed on his card, only the generic parts dept email address. I don't have the card on me but I'll see if I do at home and post up the email address.

Any ideas on where I could get a couple torque wrenches calibrated reasonably in the Manassas area? I have an older snap on inch pound and an older USA made craftsman 1/2 inch. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom