LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See if Ryan (see post 16) will maybe meet you somewhere in the middle. Perhaps somewhere in Nova. He probably won't want to travel so far north into MD. This sounds like a relatively simple install. Watch and learn.

yeah i tried ryan but it looks like he doesnt come in to the DC area so I was hoping to find a place thats more convenient.

I need a service shop recommendation (have a bad idler or tensioner bearing) in the Silver Spring/Rockville area for my 100-series. Any recs would be greatly appreciated.

contact oogs he has his 100 series worked on up in MD where he is from.

Anyone got a muffler shop recommend in or near Burke? My new truck had a new Bosal exhaust installed and its got a few leaks.

Anyone got a muffler shop recommend in or near Burke? My new truck had a new Bosal exhaust installed and its got a few leaks.

Several have serviced their exhaust at Murphy's in the Warrenton area...excellent work and remarkably inexpensive.

I've also been happy with Robert's Custom Exhaust in Stafford.

Transmission Shop?

I need someone to go through my Manual Transmission, I think there may be a bad bearing. I'd prefer to pull it myself and have them address just the internals, which may be a harder thing to find, but reputable is more important. Any recommendations?

I'm in Downtown DC, so anything in the nearby VA/MD 'burbs will work.

What are the symptoms?

County Transmission in Vienna is awesome.

There is a good place in fairfax too. Standby while I dig up the name.

Murphy's / OTRAMM / Robert's Custom Exhaust

Earlier this week at the CLCC meeting I thought I heard a recommendation for Murphy's in Warrenton. Someone also mentioned OTRAMM which is also in Warrenton but I don't think is the same place. I also see here that Robert's Custom Exhaust is recommended.

I need to address an exhaust leak at the cat identified during the state inspection (pink sticker expires next Wednesday). Is there consensus on which one of the above I should contact for this fix?

Thank you

Murphy's has done the exhaust on a couple of Cruisers for me - very nice work at a reasonable price.

Engine and machine work

Clinton Machine in Clinton, MD

8006 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd
Clinton, MD 20735
(301) 868-9730
http://www.clintonmachineshop.com/: Just a page with their phone number

I had my 3F head serviced there. Great work, they know their stuff. They can do all forms of engine machining and regular machining as well.

WHEELS REFINISHED / POLISHED

Does anyone have a local shop contact/recommendation for having wheels polished ? Have a set of Centerline Outlaws that could use some enhancements to return to original condition.

Thanks .......

I'm guessing you're referring to aluminum wheels. http://awrswheelrepair.com will do that. Haven't used them myself. Closest location to you is near 650 and 108.

I polished my own Outlaws with Alum-X, by hand. i don't think it's still on the market, but Flitz makes good stuff.

Now that Jorge is no longer around, I need a shop who will paint the rear quarter and one hardtop side along with inner and outer of two "new" hard doors with single stage Nasson. Maaco wants to use two stage paint of a different brand but I don't want the hassle of mismatch/discoloration of clear coat 2 years down the road. I have body seams that help to isolate the sections being painted to minimize blending concerns, and I have a partial can of leftover paint. Enough to use to get a close match, but not enough to do more than the quarter panel and maybe the hardtop side if spread thin.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Anyone know a local ceramic coater, preferably one that coats to mil specs? I'm replacing my exhaust and want to coat the manifolds and heat shields.

Anyone know a local ceramic coater, preferably one that coats to mil specs? I'm replacing my exhaust and want to coat the manifolds and heat shields.

Custom Functionz right down the street from me in White Plains does it. They use Cerakote. My 3FE exhaust stuff is there now. I'll let you know if they do a good job. It was $300 to do manifolds, heat shields, fuel rail, fuel rail heat shield, thermostat housing, coolant hard lines and vacuum hard lines.

Last edited:
PD got back to me but they'd rather not have to blast the manifolds since they'd have to change out the media in one of their cabinets. Does anyone in the club have a blast cabinet I can come over and use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom