Local Diesel Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yah, something is going to give. the people will have to pay more for goods, cut back on holidays and incidental road trips.
this is going to send the entire world into a recession of sorts BUT our govenment couldn't care...hell, they are adding a "carbontax" on top of all the other taxes we pay for the PRIVILAGE of living in this bloody country.

as for counting on an uprising... it isn't going to happen. the canadian people are, in general, spineless peeps that bitch into their coffee and beer but when push comes to shove they scurry back into their homes shivering that they MIGHT have upset the powers that be...

Something is gonna give.

So what color does the biodiesel need to be? Is it a chemical or just a dye? I'd have no qualms about a few drops of dye in a batch of bio-diesel with the way the blood sucking government and big oil are!!

I'm getting eager to try bio-diesel!
Diesel has NO dye or is slightly greenish/bluish, so it would be quite a challenge to produce bio with no color, but I'm told they "smell" the exhaust of offenders.

That being said, let them just try to ticket biodieselers! With all the hype the government is doing selling the 'green' ticket, I doubt it would even go to court... It would be a scandal, for sure!

Just let them try! And if, as they claim, road taxes are "only" 20% of the costs, I will demand to see where that 20% goes and in worse case scenario, I'd be glad to pay $600 a year to pay their damn prtection money (as if it would change anything about our road conditions - In a nearby town here they have been diverting traffic for a few weeks damaging the road to do what? damn sidewalks, when NO ONE uses them!!!)

Now thats funny;) What is a spineless peep ?
yah, something is going to give. the people will have to pay more for goods, cut back on holidays and incidental road trips.
this is going to send the entire world into a recession of sorts BUT our govenment couldn't care...hell, they are adding a "carbontax" on top of all the other taxes we pay for the PRIVILAGE of living in this bloody country.

as for counting on an uprising... it isn't going to happen. the canadian people are, in general, spineless peeps that bitch into their coffee and beer but when push comes to shove they scurry back into their homes shivering that they MIGHT have upset the powers that be...

In some countries those side walks would be considered extra lanes.:D
LOL!!!! Indeed... Come to think of it that's what they've been doing in many places on our highways... Ever so subtly reducing and even removing shoulders, scraping the old dashed lines off and repainting them closer together to add one lane on the cheap ;)

LOL!!
a spineless peep is a (peep (NZ term)) = person with no (spineless) = backbone (no balls, no assertiveness, no personal selfworth, no agressiveness in the face of wrong doing, inability to stand up for what is right, scared s***less of the powers that be)

You've pretty much described the average Journal de Montréal reader, LOL!!!

Okay, I tried the pressure reduction on the skinny pedal yesterday with a trip into the interior. I did 735 kms with close to 80 L. It wasn't my best fuel economy but wasn't bad for mountain driving. Nothing like driving slow and enjoying the snow falling in mid June. :confused: My 90-100 km/hr limit went out the window as soon as I hit the freeway on the way back. It was near 11:00 and it had already been a long day. So about the last 100 kms were at 110 - and a bit over. :rolleyes: However, the light pedal on the trip up really paid off. I used up only 1/4 of a tank compared to the usual 1/3. The high cost of diesel doesn't seem to be causing the truckers to slow down or to turn off their rigs when they pull off for a nap. Truckers sleeping at the brake check had their rigs up on high idle.

On a side note, Truck diesel engine could archive at idle 100:1 on the A/F ratio .. if it means something in their diesel invoice.

Okay, I tried the pressure reduction on the skinny pedal yesterday with a trip into the interior. I did 735 kms with close to 80 L. It wasn't my best fuel economy but wasn't bad for mountain driving. Nothing like driving slow and enjoying the snow falling in mid June. :confused:

That would make it about 11l/100, excellent indeed :)

the light pedal on the trip up really paid off. I used up only 1/4 of a tank compared to the usual 1/3. The high cost of diesel doesn't seem to be causing the truckers to slow down or to turn off their rigs when they pull off for a nap. Truckers sleeping at the brake check had their rigs up on high idle.

Truckers driving for others may still be zooming around, but I don't think those who drive for themselves go as fast. I've been able to follow a few semis in the back for the draft effect, and they were doing 100 exactly. Then there's this local guy driving a Ram, he's hardly shooting by anymore like he used to, I can hardly hear him pass by the house nowadays. He's slowed down like eveyone else, and like you say, it's all in the pedal!!!

On a side note, Truck diesel engine could archive at idle 100:1 on the A/F ratio .. if it means something in their diesel invoice.
Maybe, but you are still pumping all that oil and all that coolant, not including all the acessories that take power whether power is produced or not.

I've read idling amounts to a quite significant amount of fuel when you tally it over a year. Some trucks now have separate generators/heaters so they may shut down their big engines at night and still be able to have power, heat and/or cooling at a lower expense than running it from the main engine.

it is called a wabasto... nice setup, in decent demand out west and north but here hardly worth it...

The high cost of diesel doesn't seem to be causing the truckers to slow down or to turn off their rigs when they pull off for a nap. Truckers sleeping at the brake check had their rigs up on high idle.
Yah I see that too. Hard to feel sorry for them isn't it?

My biggest pet peeve is also chrome winter fronts on domestic pick ups. It looks like braces or steel teeth on a rapper.... and is blocking the rad in the summer, so the fan has to work harder and burns more fuel. Nobody needs a winter front for 12 months of the year. I see maybe 2 weeks a year in Smithers that requires it. I can see whole lot of tired engines for sale in the future from running soo hot....

So when will people slow down to save money? 2 bucks a litre? 3...

So when will people slow down to save money? 2 bucks a litre? 3...
Maybe not, but when their grocery bill doubles next winter because of high transportation costs and the economy crashes, it'll be too late for the government to relax the tax to restart it...

I'll be stocking food in a major way this summer and fall, you can be certain of that... And, no, I won't be giving off my address ;)

BTW, I still have a decent reserve of pasta from last fall that I got at... $0.59 for 900g (try to find any for less $1.39 now!)

it is called a wabasto... nice setup, in decent demand out west and north but here hardly worth it...
Actually I truly believe that prewarming the engine to operating temperature would have a huge impact eliminating the waste caused by cold engine operation...

I know, I know, I still have to install my 6000W electric coolant heater ;)... I just need a couple of warm days without interruptions...

Anyone have good book recommendations on producing bio-diesel? I'm interested in both using waste veggie oil, waste engine oil and whatever else is reasonable to use to make bio-diesel. Never having done it before and not having anyone I can go look at in Guatemala means I'm sort of on my own. I'm getting more pissed at big oil each time I need to put in diesel at prices approaching $5/gallon. Today I had the worst price so far at $5.09/gallon in Redding/CA.

Does anyone know if Canada will charge duty on diesel in jerry cans when I cross over into Canada in a few weeks? I will buy where it is cheapest to avoid buying where I get screwed by big oil and big government.

I about to leave to Mex at the end of the month and I am definitely bringing home some fuel on the way back. I think its like $2.70 a gallon right now. Got to love the gov subsidized fuel.

Maybe you guys need to invest in a much larger fuel tank... Possible and feasible if you move your spare on carrier!

In any case, I wonder how jerry cans are considered. First there is the safety issue, then of course the duty issue. But there is going to be a point where it's impractical and too costly to transport all that cheap fuel. 100 gallons would be nice and seems feasible, but it is about 600 pounds after all... Not including the tank itself!

As for biodioesel, there are tons of plans and methods out there and it seems to be teh safest route, but what about methanol? How are you going to get it? In some jurisdictions such as mine, a private individual cannot buy it!

I believe the best solution is what John Galt is doing: mixing filtered WVO with standard diesel. Won't hurt the engine and requires no mods. The savings won't be that much, but if you're saving 20% of $6,000 a year, that's already $1,200 with little worry and little effort. Now THAT's worth considering, don't you think?

With BC plates you will likely get charged for the fuel if they take notice.

Charles, here is the Flying J Canada price sheet for their card locks: Flying J: Current Diesel Fuel Prices Pricing. As you can see, it has just gone crazy in the last 24 hrs. They always use to be 10-15 cents a litre cheaper than retail stations.

I agree, it is time to start looking around for some old oil tanks and get them cleaned up. Only problem is that in the winter, unless we go with heated systems, the best we will be able to do is a 5% veggie oil mix.

Wow, thanks for the tip, there IS a Flying J in Montreal... Yeah!!! I'm going to tank up this weekened when I go there... I paid 15 cents more a couple of days ago (1.599 two days ago)

And, as expected, we pay the HIGHEST for Diesel in La Belle Province... Je m'en Souviendrai!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom