Local Diesel Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, thanks for the tip, there IS a Flying J in Montreal... Yeah!!! I'm going to tank up this weekened when I go there... I paid 15 cents more a couple of days ago (1.599 two days ago)

And, as expected, we pay the HIGHEST for Diesel in La Belle Province... Je m'en Souviendrai!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you pay cash you get another 3 cents/l off (see note at bottom of Flying J page). Of course at a card lock only site you can't pay cash. The usual procedure is you go into the cardlock store say and say you want a fill. I usually leave the credit card as collateral otherwise it is pre-pay. They will set you up on a pump. Once you are set-up on a pump with a credit card, you can use that pump any time. Depending on the system, you may have access to other pumps on that card reader. The easiest way is to get a cardlock card. Be careful as the high flow pumps are just that and not designed to be used on personal vehicle tanks. If you are not careful you will be getting a diesel bath. The station I have used also has a "trickle pump" which is fine for small jerry cans but too slow for a 95L tank.

Thanks for the tip, John... I'll be checking them, worth the extra 10km or so to get there from where I get in into Montreal :)

$2.37 per LITER !:crybaby:

Thats $10.8 per gallon!!!:bang:

He's in Iceland! Yes, I know I spend way too much time on mud reading threads. But on the up side he pays almost nothing for heating and electricity compared to the rest of us Northerners and I think their hourly wage is just a tad bit higher than ours.:grinpimp:

The places were this hurts the most is the poorer folks in the global south where the wages are very low. Sure we complaiin and we have to cut back a bit but it wouldn't likely ever be a question of life and death. EG, can I afford 2 gallons of fuel to get mom to the hospital?

Darn Youtube... If only I could have broadband access!!! DARN DARN DARN!!!

FYI

Speaking of price pain in the poorer southern regions here in El Salvador diesel is hovering between 4.96 - 4.98 a gallon. It is widely expected to pop the 5.00 cherry within a few days. I'm in the same boat as Cruiser_guy next door in Guatemala. No body is talking about or working bio-diesel. Given that stays pretty warm here it would be feasible to run most of the year assuming that you could get restaurants to give it up after they're done. :hmm: Unlike the States, these folks throw NOTHING away. :doh:

Alenford - $1.50.9
Chesley - $1.40.9
Port Elgin - $1.45.9

shop around
gas hit $1.41 today...

II usually leave the credit card as collateral otherwise it is pre-pay.

John... stop this practice. You are setting yourself up for some fraud. I recently wrote a letter to visa on this exact practice that vendors wanted a credit card left behind. You are leaving your credit card behind with the most unsavory people out there. They have lots of time write down the details and charge up your card at will later.

The best practice is to use your card at the pump, or have them charge a $110 to the card, then when your done they can reverse the difference. And you need to sign twice.

I hate this new law. If only the business' were more accountable to teach the employees not to chase a thief, this would not be happening. Instead of punishing the dumb ass business' for not teaching safety to the employees we now have to deal with the confusion.

Visa will ask you if left your card unattended when you have a fraud charge. You may void your chance of getting the money back.

Force the lazy basturds to give you a receipt and process your card twice, it's the law.

Hay, Australia
AU$1.83!

Diesel has just gone to $5.07 USD/ gallon here in El Salvador:bang:

John... stop this practice. You are setting yourself up for some fraud.

I think pre-paying for fuel is a reality for all of us. I can not believe, given the amount of warning that fuel stations had that this law was coming, that they haven't all installed pay at the pump machines. When I'm in BC I'll drive right past any station that doesn't have them. Regardless of price, they simply can't have my business. I've also learned that if I need coffee, air, oil, a washroom etc. I'll take advantage of all those facilities before I start to pump rather than after. If they have what I need, they'll have the pleasure of selling me some fuel.

What I'm finding annoying is the pay at the pumps that have a max sale of $100. Its been a while since I didn't need more than that and have needed two transactions. They need to increase that a bit.

I don't mind pre-paying at all. But I find it annoying when they want you to leave a card behind. As I traveled all over provinces and states last month I found BC is most confusing and everyone has a different system.

I too only look for stations with pay at the pump. I have also noticed it limits to 100. Time for a change at 1.50 a litre fuel. It's prepay, give us any amount we want.

Just received my invoice from Columbia fuels for B5 at the cardlock in Victoria. $1.428 / litre for fuel bought on the 15th.

Good thing we bike, walk and take the bus to work and for groceries, etc.

J

Price of Diesel in Grenville, QC: 1.54/litre. In Hawkesbury, less than 10km away: 1.39 :mad: :mad:

maybe I should move to good ole Ontario!!!!

Price of Diesel in Grenville, QC: 1.54/litre. In Hawkesbury, less than 10km away: 1.39 :mad: :mad:

maybe I should move to good ole Ontario!!!!

Think of the prices if Quebec leaves the federation..... I think it would double. You would be paying European prices. Ah it would even feel like France!

10 kms to buy fuel is no biggie. Drive there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom