Light bulbs for Land Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is all for 75 and newer cruisers.

Brake light
Red
1157-x3X1W: 3 x 1.3 Watt High Power LED BAY15D Bulb
Options: 1157-R3X1W: Red
$16.95x2
$33.90

Rear turn Signal light
Amber
1156-x3X1W: 3 x 1.3 Watt High Power LED BA15S Bulb
Options: 1156-A3X1W: Amber
$16.95x2
$33.90

Reverse light
Cool White
1156-x3X1W: 3 x 1.3 Watt High Power LED BA15S Bulb / 3 x 1.3 Watt High Power LED 1156 Bulb
Options: 1156-W3X1W: Cool White
$16.95x2
$33.90

Front turn Signal light
1156 Amber
1156-x45-T: 45HP-LED BA15S Tower Bulb
Options: 1156-A45-T: 1156 Amber
$24.95x2
$49.90

Front Marker light
Cool White 100 Degree
67-x9: 9-LED BA15S bulb
Options: 67-W9-WV: Cool White 100 Degree
In Stock
$4.99x2
$9.98

or

Cool White
67-x2W: 6 Watt High Power LED BA15S bulb
Options: 67-CW2W: Cool White
In Stock
$16.95x2
$33.90

Front Side Marker light
Amber
67-x2W: 6 Watt High Power LED BA15S bulb
Options: 67-A2W: Amber
$16.95x2
$33.90

Headlight switch light
Blue
BA7s-x: BA7s LED bulb
Options: BA7S-B: Blue
$1.49

Dash board light
Green
3022-xHP4: 4 High Power LED Festoon Bulb
Options: 3022-GHP4: Green
$6.95

Interior light
Warm White
3710-xHP6: 6 High Power LED Festoon Bulb
Options: 3710-WWHP6: Warm White
$14.95

Gauge Cluster turn signal light
Green 90 Degree
WLED-x-x: 1 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb
Options: WLED-G-90: Green 90 Degree
$1.39x2
$2.78

Gauge Cluster Turn Signal light
Blue
WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb
Options: WLED-B6: Blue
$3.54

Gauge Cluster Illumination light
Natural White
WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb
Options: WLED-NW6: Natural White
$3.74x2
$7.48

Merchandise sub-total: $266.57

Then there is the heater control light, the rear side red marker lights and the license plate lights. That's all the lights I can think of. Someone want to come up with those?

Anyone want to comment on the selection above? I took as much of Yoopers input and tried to update it for the best selection there is at this time. My thoughts are you want the best lights you can get if your going LED. I'm sure some of my selection could be improved upon. I will say in my dealings with LEDs you want to have the same color light as the lens color. Otherwise your just wasting brightness and it will wash out. Back when I bought mine I didn't have a choice to buy certain lights. I only had the blueish white to go with. Will say though that I have yet to have a bulb failure in all these years. My lights get mud and water in them all the time and the LEDs keep working. SuperbrightLEDs makes a great quality product that will last. You can certainly find cheaper than them but your going to suffer in longevity in my experiences in LEDs.

Incredible work, Sloan. Can you go into more detail on the bracket construction, the switch, and the wiring? Just put a soft top on and this may be the best bet for me. For starters, can you recall Amazon's part numbers for the led panels?

I'm thinking that this project deserves a small writeup.

Thanks, Dan

This is all for 75 and newer cruisers.

Then there is the heater control light, the rear side red marker lights and the license plate lights. That's all the lights I can think of. Someone want to come up with those?

Anyone want to comment on the selection above? I took as much of Yoopers input and tried to update it for the best selection there is at this time. My thoughts are you want the best lights you can get if your going LED. I'm sure some of my selection could be improved upon. I will say in my dealings with LEDs you want to have the same color light as the lens color. Otherwise your just wasting brightness and it will wash out. Back when I bought mine I didn't have a choice to buy certain lights. I only had the blueish white to go with. Will say though that I have yet to have a bulb failure in all these years. My lights get mud and water in them all the time and the LEDs keep working. SuperbrightLEDs makes a great quality product that will last. You can certainly find cheaper than them but your going to suffer in longevity in my experiences in LEDs.

Great job Troll, thanks for the updated list. Are all of those superbright part numbers?

Yes but don't use them yet. I was just trying to stay within Yoopers suggestions. Wait until until there is some more comments. Once we get it done I'll update the first post in this thread.

My info is pretty old now, someone who is shopping for their own truck on the superbright site could let us know what's current...

I am using the Super-bright LEDS as the OP. They are great! I can not recommend the enough. For headlights I am using 'Round Eyes' They seem to be pretty damned good.

What about LED replacement for '69-'71 FJ40s?

Does anyone have any of various LED manufacturers' part numbers for
1) the interior dome light
2) the "reverse" or backup light
3) the license plate light
4) the rear brake lights
5) the front turn signals (exterior - on the front fenders)

It would be great to be able to get more lighting without putting a bigger drain on the alternator. THANKS!!!

This is for a 79 but it's a good starting point

The first number is the original bulb numer which should match up to most incandesant bulb charts. The other info is the part # from www.superbrightleds.com that I used as a replacement.

1975-1984 FJ40 TOYOTA Land Cruiser

(Straight from Sylvanias site.)
High & low beam headlamp
H6024
H6024ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
H6024XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: 3x brighter; 2x the life
H6024CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
Quantity: 2 white (front)
Product: 67 LED bulb $ 2.99 (each)
Options: White 2.00

Front turn signal
Quantity: 2
Product: 1156-A30 Amber LED bulb $ 8.99 (each)

Rear turn signal
Product: 1156-A30 Amber LED bulb $ 8.99 (each)

Tail light / Brake
Product: 1157-R24 Red LED bulb $ 7.29 (each)
Options: Wide

License plate
89 I used the 67 bulbs and they worked just fine

Back up light
Product: 1156-W24 White LED bulb $ 12.99 (each)
Options: Wide

Front sidemarker (amber)
Options: White +2.00

Rear side marker (red)
67?
Options: Red

Step/Courtesy light
DE3425
Quantity: 1
Product: 3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb 6 LEDS
Options: White 3.70 or any other color

Headlight switch bulb
BA7
Product: BA7s LED bulb $ 0.89 (each)
Options: White +0.60 or any other color you like

Dash controls (in dash pad)
Product: 3022-4 LED Festoon bulb $ 1.89 (each)
Options: White +0.95

Instrument cluster lights
194/168 (T3)
Quantity: 3
Product: WLED 6-LED bulb 12 VDC 6-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)$ 2.99+
Options: 2 green for turn signals, 1 blue for hi/lo beam

Product: WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb 12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top $2.79
Options: White +1.50 (for Instrument lights)

Great info and post. New HJ owner. Just ordered up the LED's for the interior... man those dash lights are bad!

Installed

The interior lights are all installed and are a vast improvement. The turn signal lights might actually be too bright. Was driving home last night and think I was getting spots in my vision after the signals turned off!!

Only one I ordered but couldn't figure out where it went was the BA7s Headlight Switch bulb... Where exactly does this one go? The only bulb that didn't get replaced for me was the Tach bulb as it wasn't in the OP's list. I've got a WLED 5-LED on order for that. Don't forget it if you have a diesel with the tach...

'Any light replacement info for '74 and earlier vehicles?

Does anyone have any light bulb replacement information for '74 and earlier FJ40s and FJ55s?

Are any SUPER BRIGHT LED replacements available for these bulbs?

Does anyone make any SUPER BRIGHT LED replacement bulbs for any of these? The stock bulbs work fine, but I've seen some very bright LED replacements, especially for backup and cargo/bed lights.

The side marker lights are the same as the single backup light (one bulb) in our '71 FJ40. All of these are in our Land Cruiser, including the fog light bulbs and cargo/bed lights from a Chevy truck.
Thanks! :))
BulbLED1.jpg
BulbLED2.jpg
BulbLED3.jpg

First pic is a BA15s or a single filament 1156 base

Needs to be shorter than a standard 1156. If your wanting a bulb for the amber maker lights then you want the 67-A9-WV

For the reverse light I think you can take a taller bulb and to be honest you want the brightest light you can pack in there. This is what I would get if it would fit. 1156-W3X1W It's a 4watt bulb. Specs are here. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ry=CAR&Page2Disp=/specs/115x-x3X1W.htm#photos

Second pic one on left. Need to know the year and model to know the correct bulb. It's a wedge bulb that's all I can tell you most likely a 3156

Second pic on right. I'd go with a 3157-W3W

Last pic

Superbright doesn't have anything you would want and to be honest I'd probably stick with what you have. There are led replacements but they are iffy and I don't think you will get the brightness your looking for.

Thanks Trollhole! I placed an order today.

FYI, for anyone with the 880 12V 27W bulbs for GM applications, you can use an 885 bulb which is 50 watts. These are Sylvania bulb numbers, but I believe many other brands use the same numbers.

Has anyone found an LED that will work in the under dash light (not the one in the dash pad). The one that mounts under the dash - I think it is called "heater control light"??? The 3022 festoon from superbright is too fat to go inside that narrow metal case.

gcrump01 said:
Has anyone found an LED that will work in the under dash light (not the one in the dash pad). The one that mounts under the dash - I think it is called "heater control light"??? The 3022 festoon from superbright is too fat to go inside that narrow metal case.

I have it. Let me dig it.

Mine fit Ok...

Thanks for the info. I luv Mud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom