Light bulbs for Land Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole said:
Cause the place I bought them from didn't carry amber. Though now that I look at it an 1156 would probably have fit into that space. Maybe the next time. Right now I'm happy with the look. It doesn't look ricer.

That small light? the 67 LED bulb one? yea, those are what are used in my side marker lights. i think i am going to make some custom ones for those.
Shane

did you use any resistors or anything? Or did they just wire on it? And do you have any pictures of how they went in, like do they just sort of sit in there or did you drill holes so that they'll snugly fit or what? Thanks for the answers and great work :beer:

No no no. These are the exact bayonet or base that all bulbs use. It's just a matter of unscrewing or poping out the old one and intalling the new. They are no different than a regular buldb except for the fact they are LEDs. They have the resistors built in to the base. It's a plug and play bulb.

look

1156p-w30.jpg

Which one?

This one? :flipoff2:

Trollhole said:
Who knows what the instument light base # is.

Is it 194/168 wedge base or 74 Wedge Base? Im thinking 74

Or this one? :flipoff2:

Trollhole said:
It's a direct focus and as small as the taillights are it might just look like a dot instead of a wide focus. The 24 has the option of buying either.

Thanks for taking the time to go through the list and come up with cross-reference numbers, Tollhole!

I am confused a bit. Why is this on the superbrightleds website? Are they just trying to sell more stuff? On the top part of their webpage it says the lights just drop in and on the bottom is this load resistor kit requirment.

Thanks in advance

LOAD RESISTOR KITS

One LOAD Resistor is required for each turn signal bulb

6 Ohm, 50 Watt resistors can be connected across the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb (2 Amp load). This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing or burnt out bulb indications. Resistor measures 1.96L x .64W x .60H inches, leads are 12 inches long.
Kit Includes gel filled moisture resistant splice taps.

CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS: Using included splice taps, connect one wire to ground and the other wire to the turn/brake hot wire. Splice taps allow for installation without cutting your turn signal wires.

Those resistors are for vehicles that monitor bulbs and tell you when they are burnt out. The resistor fools the monitoring circuit into thinking a regular bulb is there not a LED. Would also allow you to keep your stock mechanical flasher as it would present the same load as a regular bulb.

Coolerman said:
Those resistors are for vehicles that monitor bulbs and tell you when they are burnt out. The resistor fools the monitoring circuit into thinking a regular bulb is there not a LED. Would also allow you to keep your stock mechanical flasher as it would present the same load as a regular bulb.

x2:D

Thanks Coolerman, that clears it up.

Confused

Crap, I'm still confused. Maybe I missed something. I just bought some resistors to make my led's flash. I do not want to install them if I don't have to. They get hot, and I haven't decided where to put them.

What electronic flasher did you buy? This seems to be the easiest fix.

JR

JRFJ4- said:
Crap, I'm still confused. Maybe I missed something. I just bought some resistors to make my led's flash. I do not want to install them if I don't have to. They get hot, and I haven't decided where to put them.

What electronic flasher did you buy? This seems to be the easiest fix.

JR

Most 40's use a two pole flasher. The easiest way to find out is to remove your old one and compare it to the diagram at superbightleds site. with an electronic flasher you do not need theline resistors.

My next mod to the lights will be going with the 3watt luxeons. They just need to come down a little. They are really bright.

Thanks Trollhole:mad: I have now spent big bucks converting my rig to LED:D I love LED's. Thanks for the post. I went with the Luxeons in the tail/brake lights and the turn signals. WOW:eek: they are bright. I am gonna do the headlights next as soon as my kids get their paychecks:grinpimp:

:beer: Erik

I got my lights today, ordered some for the dash ledge, speedo lights, and the headlight switch, how on earth do you change the light in the headlight switch? Thanks for the help.

There is a socket on the back end of the housing behind the dash. It's really a bugger to get your hands in to the socket and remove unless you remove the whole housing from the dash. Then it's easy.

There is a socket on the back end of the housing behind the dash. It's really a bugger to get your hands in to the socket and remove unless you remove the whole housing from the dash. Then it's easy.

how would I do that? I can't get my fat paws back there. Quite frustrating while in that akward standing but upside down position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom