Lexus vs Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read a couple articles describing the differences between Toyota Camry and Lexus ES. Besides the differences in options, Lexus is claiming that there are some differences in the manufacturing process: (1) Less mechanical tolerant for Lexus; and (2) Paint thickness variation is smaller for ES (30um v 50um). I wonder whether these manufacturing differences apply to LX and LC.

Everything about the LX is a step above the TLC. Think of the LX as the Land Cruiser in it's final form or highest evolution.

The LX came with thicker paint, some of the colours even had crushed mother of pearl. Higher grain leather and Alcantara headliner, real timber, laminated glass, more sound insulation and seals (check double lower door seals out!), better stereo, better headlights, refrigerated centre console (Australia), better service departments with the ability to go cheap and get it done at Toyota in a bind.

This is in no-way meant to detract from the TLC. It's just the LX is a further enhancement of the TLC's awesomeness.

I think you'd have to compare conceptualy. First the ES platform would be comparable to the Avalon and not the Camry. Also the ES and Avalon are made in Japan whereas the Camry is made here in the US.

I think the LX and LC are fairly close in quality spec but where they differ is fluff and appointments.

I agree with abuck99, just like the old Dodge and Plymouth lines or GMC and Chevy....it is more about the cosmetics than substance.
The marketing departments would love you to think otherwise. It's called "profit margins".

With Lexus you can be a member of the pink panties trail team. ;)
ltt_sticker.jpg

I think you'd have to compare conceptualy. First the ES platform would be comparable to the Avalon and not the Camry. Also the ES and Avalon are made in Japan whereas the Camry is made here in the US.
I think the LX and LC are fairly close in quality spec but where they differ is fluff and appointments.

I dunno about ES, but Avalon is made in Georgetown KY, about 15 min from my house.

The LX is definitely a cut above the LC when it comes to a quieter, smoother ride due to the increased insulation and AHC. With that said I do believe the headlights on a LC are much better than the LX.

My LC headlight is pretty poor. LX has projector right? I think the other way around, LX has better headlights than LC. I do agree the LX is quieter, smooter with extra insulations and just made with better materials.

The LX is Cygnis, GX is prado, RX is Harrier, LS is Crown, ES is Vista with the same options to the rest of the world.

I dunno about ES, but Avalon is made in Georgetown KY, about 15 min from my house.

My LC headlight is pretty poor. LX has projector right? I think the other way around, LX has better headlights than LC. I do agree the LX is quieter, smooter with extra insulations and just made with better materials.

You're right- thanks for clarifying that- I should have checked that before posting. Assumed since it shared the same platform with the ES, they were both made in Japan. Now that I've done some homework the ES was imported from Japan up to late 2015 but it appears they are both made in KY now.

Yes ES and Avalon both made in the US now. The new ES increased in size but the 2013 Avalon platform that it is based upon actually shrank a bit. It was a nice way to move ES production to the US. I would guess the paint quality on these two are the same. More insulation on the ES.

The LC and the LX ave very similar. I have an LX and noticed very little difference the two. The LX is more feline and softer overall. I do not like the ride quality at all. It is way too soft. It does ride much better than the 04 LC I traded in. In any case my wife likes it and will drive it for another 10 years so I am happy. The 100 LX seemed to be a little more refined than the LC 100 especially early on.

Honestly I don't care about the luxury stuff inside and/or outside the truck. I wonder whether the claimed tighter tolerance would make the LX less rattle or more reliable. Just a thought. I don't think it makes any difference though.

If you like to be indulged by all the bell and whitsle then I am sure you can tell the difference when you jump in both and drive it. LX is more refine for sure for your butt, both LC and LX are pretty much the same in terms of drive train and chassis, standard or AHC suspension may be the same depends on region and model. AHC were offered in European, Japanese and middle East Model LC but not in the US. LX equipped with Acoustic Windshield which is thicker as well to cut down noise and lots more sound insulation as well. In 200 series, my 201 front front glass is the acoustic double pane noise reduction glass too. And sound system is better too on the LX compare to LC, it is very obvious especially in the 200.

I always buy a LX rather than LC simply I love the refinement and I do wheel my LX.

Its all relative. My 2000 Isuzu Trooper is more rugged than either LC or LX.
I have a friend who thinks my Trooper is "too feminine" and instead
prefers his 1989 Trooper II. Then there are the Jeep guys who
can out rugged all of us :)

Real Men Wear Lexus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom