Lets see your rigs packed for a trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my 55, all inside nothing hanging off the bumper or on top. I use four alum. military boxes, $50 a piece for all the loose stuff and stack sleeping bags and tent. etc. on top of them.

View attachment 1510116
is that a 1950s Coleman lantern in the red box/carrier? lower right?

When I go camping/riding with the guys, it is usually for 4-days/3-nights max. We also typically stay at a National Forest campground, which means we have a table and fire ring at our campsite, and a pit toilet(s), well water pump, and trash receptacles.

.... Everything has to come out at night in order to make the cot to sleep in the truck. Then in the morning everything has to go back in and get strapped down. View attachment 1519749

I camp with other people, but I'm the only one riding in my 80 Series. So, I've recently pared down my stuff so that I can sleep in the back, with all my gear inside at the same time. I did a one-night test camp trip last weekend, and it worked.

On the other hand, here's a photo from a few years ago when my buddy and I took my two sons, and their friend, camping for an extended weekend. Along with the 4' x 6' trailer, my back (no 3rd row seats) and 2nd row seats were full of stuff. The boys, and more stuff, were in my son's Cherokee also.

pUCAFCR.jpg

Yeah, I bring a lot, as I near senior citizenship, I tend to bring more :D
Plus I have a lot of new gear this year I am going to try out, so no doubt I will weed back a bit next time.
And that chuckbox takes up a lotta room, I am thinking about getting a custom one built over the winter that is made out of aluminum, and smaller.
The dimensions on this one could be cut down some.
Plus I am hauling enough gear for two people for my upcoming vacation.

1.jpg

Alubox pantry on the bottom, my Bad Bag duffle bag (we will cram hers somewhere), camera backpack, tripod & case, and Outback Porta-Privy.
I have the Nemo Heliopolis, but I did not have good luck trying to set it up yesterday, but I am going to pack it anyways, and maybe with more room out in the wild, we can get it setup.
Also hard to see are two Eezi-Awn K9 medium stainless steel camping tables strapped to the side of the fridge.
Best tables I have ran across so far.

2.jpg

Great American Camp Chair in the bottom green bag, Coleman lantern stand, maroon stuff sack for the footmat that goes under the roof top tents ladder, and the Katanaboy saw for firewood.
The chuckbox, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Blue Ridge Chair Works chair, Big Kahuna 12v shower, and 7 gallon water container.

3.jpg

National Luna Weekender 50 fridge/freezer (stays in the rig full time), kind of buried to the left of the fridge are two Aluboxes, one for Goal Zero LED lanterns, two propane lanterns, and the bigger Alubox on the bottom has towels, tent stakes, several Coleman propane cylinders, and other misc. stuff.
Also the Pett toilet and cedar stand you stand on in the shower is in the black case on top of the Alubox.

4.jpg

Another view form the previous picture.
Yeah, I bring a lot, as I near senior citizenship, I tend to bring more :D
Plus I have a lot of new gear this year I am going to try out, so no doubt I will weed back a bit next time.
And that chuckbox takes up a lotta room, I am thinking about getting a custom one built over the winter that is made out of aluminum, and smaller.
The dimensions on this one could be cut down some.
Plus I am hauling enough gear for two people for my upcoming vacation.

1.jpg

Alubox pantry on the bottom, my Bad Bag duffle bag (we will cram hers somewhere), camera backpack, tripod & case, and Outback Porta-Privy.
I have the Nemo Heliopolis, but I did not have good luck trying to set it up yesterday, but I am going to pack it anyways, and maybe with more room out in the wild, we can get it setup.
Also hard to see are two Eezi-Awn K9 medium stainless steel camping tables strapped to the side of the fridge.
Best tables I have ran across so far.

2.jpg

Great American Camp Chair in the bottom green bag, Coleman lantern stand, maroon stuff sack for the footmat that goes under the roof top tents ladder, and the Katanaboy saw for firewood.
The chuckbox, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Blue Ridge Chair Works chair, Big Kahuna 12v shower, and 7 gallon water container.

3.jpg

National Luna Weekender 50 fridge/freezer (stays in the rig full time), kind of buried to the left of the fridge are two Aluboxes, one for Goal Zero LED lanterns, two propane lanterns, and the bigger Alubox on the bottom has towels, tent stakes, several Coleman propane cylinders, and other misc. stuff.
Also the Pett toilet and cedar stand you stand on in the shower is in the black case on top of the Alubox.

4.jpg

Another view form the previous picture.
Wanted to ask you how you like your Ranger camp chair. thinking of calling to order one. thanks.

Wanted to ask you how you like your Ranger camp chair. thinking of calling to order one. thanks.
It is the most expensive camp chair I have ever owned, but the quality is that this will be a keeper, and not a throwaway like so many in the past I have owned.
It is also the most comfortable chair I have owned, and it fast to set up.

5.jpg

14.jpg

And while we are talking about rigs packed for trips, I am in the middle of of redoing the way I pack things.
The new chuckbox is now on a Tembo Tusk fridge slide, and I am using the Bihlerflex "Perfect" Bungee" bungees to hold down the Alu-Boxes and other gear.
These pics below are just test fitting, I may end up putting both of the boxes where the 60 liter food box is, in between the extended fridge slide rails.
Had to install longer ones so the chuckbox would slide out further so its door when opened would clear the tail light.

6.jpg

7.jpg

31.jpg

It is the most expensive camp chair I have ever owned, but the quality is that this will be a keeper, and not a throwaway like so many in the past I have owned.

5.jpg

14.jpg

And while we are talking about rigs packed for trips, I am in the middle of of redoing the way I pack things.
The new chuckbox is now on a Tembo Tusk fridge slide, and I am using the Bihlerflex "Perfect" Bungee" bungees to hold down the Alu-Boxes and other gear.
These pics below are just test fitting, I may end up putting both of the boxes where the 60 liter food box is, in between the extended fridge slide rails.
Had to install longer ones so the chuckbox would slide out further so its door when opened would clear the tail light.

6.jpg

7.jpg

31.jpg
very good thanks for advice on chair. Packing an FJ is ALWAYS an excercise in jigsaw talents.

very good thanks for advice on chair. Packing an FJ is ALWAYS an excercise in jigsaw talents.
You are welcome, I think you will enjoy the chair if you buy one.
Yes, you have to think of the FJs interior as a puzzle board, and get every piece to fit nice.

It's a 1963 200A
just picked up a 1978 model it runs well. now I have to find one of those nifty metal boxes as none of the plastic ones fit it very well.

Corey, thanks for sharing that the Great American Camp Chair is the best camp chair you’ve owned. I’ve been looking at it for years and was hesitant to pull the trigger because it is pricey. I am going to pick one up. Looks really comfortable. How small does it pack?

5.jpg

14.jpg

Corey, thanks for sharing that the Great American Camp Chair is the best camp chair you’ve owned. I’ve been looking at it for years and was hesitant to pull the trigger because it is pricey. I am going to pick one up. Looks really comfortable. How small does it pack?
You are welcome.
Without measuring it, I would say the nice thick heavy duty bag it comes in is around 8" diameter, and around 30" long or so.
If I get time I will dig it out later and get the dimms and a pic in the bag of it.

I’m in the final stages of preparing for a monthlong trip around the rural/remote areas of Central Nevada... just Chester (my Golden Retriever) and me.

We’ve previously visited many of the Central Nevada valleys and mountain ranges.

But, this time, we’re spreading out, spending more time and exploring more intensely.

We don’t have a real itinerary... we just want to be sure and spend about half the trip exploring the Alta Toquima Wilderness and hiking for the 11.x’ summits... there are three.

We also don’t want to waste time going to “town”, for gas, or to resupply.... toward that goal, we will carry ~50 gals of gas (including two 5-gal jerry cans), 12 gals of potable water and 20 gals of drinking water... all in the roof rack. I will also have two LifeStraw filters and access to running water.

I’m taking a 24qt cooler.., but, when the ice melts, there won’t be any more... but the nights will be nice and crisp, at 7.5k’-11.9k’.

Food includes various canned goods and various Mountain House and Wise meals, fresh fruits, corn tortillas, Ole Wraps, tuna, mayo, relish packets, bacon, dry cereal, hit cereal, powdered whey milk, powdered yogurt, etc., a 2-burner propane stive and a backpack that contains a tiny stove and canned fuel.

As always, I have ample clothing and the tools and spares I always carry. Spare fluids are in a 24qt Action Packer, on the front hitch.

Inside are various tarps, my campground tent & sleeping bag... my Exped Megamat is set up on the passenger side, for Chester to ride on... and me to sleep in, should the need arise... there are extras telescoping tent poles in the “bazookas”, on each side of the roof rack.

My backpack hangs, strapped to the front of the roll bar... my backpacker tent is in the backpack. My backpack and my Day pack both have their own bladder.

I also carry various weapons, for remote areas and a Kindle, audiobooks and multiple paperback books.

... and a lot of other stuff... I’ll get pictures of the roof rack loaded, before we leave on Thursday.

927A33C0-6F78-4227-B9E4-9397B8D8445A.jpeg

283BFF27-A12F-4CD3-BD74-D08FF15FAB20.jpeg

40A50E5E-06F3-471B-87ED-116CC82497F7.jpeg

4DB642F0-3369-4739-8F9A-FB27D0A29F96.jpeg

71162ED2-0C96-46E7-86F1-4C59B0264A82.jpeg

Good thing this thread is titled “Lets see your rigs packed for a trip”... not on a trip.

‘Cuz, Honey, we’re home!!

About 1.5 hrs out, I got a strong whiff of MUD perfume... looked underneath and found gear oil dripping very steadily.

I didn’t bother crawling under for a closer look... our target area is not a place to
Chance dumping all the gear oil... I had a fresh gallon with me, but I flipped a bitch and headed home.

Oddly, the gear oil appeared milky and 44 hasn’t been in water... or rain...

I’ve unloaded the roof rack and will crawl under in the morning and see what I can see... I also have a strong recommendation for Dan’s Driveline... I’ll probably run it over there and see what they say... they’re within 5 miles of our house anyway.

Film at 11...

Good thing this thread is titled “Lets see your rigs packed for a trip”... not on a trip.

‘Cuz, Honey, we’re home!!

About 1.5 hrs out, I got a strong whiff of MUD perfume... looked underneath and found gear oil dripping very steadily.

I didn’t bother crawling under for a closer look... our target area is not a place to
Chance dumping all the gear oil... I had a fresh gallon with me, but I flipped a bitch and headed home.

Oddly, the gear oil appeared milky and 44 hasn’t been in water... or rain...

I’ve unloaded the roof rack and will crawl under in the morning and see what I can see... I also have a strong recommendation for Dan’s Driveline... I’ll probably run it over there and see what they say... they’re within 5 miles of our house anyway.

Film at 11...

This thread is all about the pictures of loaded trucks, not about the adventure. You're golden still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom